TeriXeri

LEGO Creator 2022 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

17 hours ago, danth said:

Major rumors of a set 10497, which many are speculating is numbered after set 497, which was the original Galaxy Explorer. This was reported by Stonewars so could be legit.

https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-10497-galaxy-explorer-neuauflage-in-2022/

I´ll wait for the official announcement before joining this craze

Built the submarine from 31130: Sunken Treasure Mission and the build itself is quite complex, I understand why it's an 8+ set now despite looking like another City submarine at first picture glance.

Interesting selection of parts overall.

There's a lot of building directions,upside down parts held with clips and the round windscreen and rear hatch sit very well against the car fender pieces, really well thought out design.

Haven't built the octopus yet but it does have a lot of moving parts, I can see people build a lot of fun alternates with this set.

31088: Deep Sea Creatures had a squid alternate build but as a smaller set,  the tentacles are more static, with this octopus you can probably have some great play with attacking little boats and pirates.

31058: Mighty Dinosaurs is still sold and that set released 4.5 years ago.

Walmart now has a mega-pack with 3 animal sets.

010b52a3-39dc-4c56-9902-5be74c025f07.b22

Edited by TeriXeri

It's funny just picked up the Noodle shop and considering how prices have really shot up, I would have thought this set would be much more popular. I really like it and it seems like a good value to me, unfortunately it appears like I am the only one, no accounting for some people's taste I suppose, lol.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:50 PM, Johnny1360 said:

It's funny just picked up the Noodle shop and considering how prices have really shot up, I would have thought this set would be much more popular. I really like it and it seems like a good value to me, unfortunately it appears like I am the only one, no accounting for some people's taste I suppose, lol.

I have not built it yet, but I do think it's a good set, even as parts, quite a few normal bricks in 2 rare colors (olive and light nougat)

I do think this is comparable to the 2016 31050: Corner Deli in layout, which also was on a 18x18 area with a corner section/hinge option.

The stair takes a bit of the interior space but so did the balcony in the deli set.

It's nice LEGO continues the technic pin system for these, even tho it might not have been consistent during some years, I do think this should be fairly compatible with the 2020 toy shop, 2019 pet shop , and can be made compatible with the 2016 corner deli by moving the pin holes to the correct places.

Even while Friends and even City have gotten a few more buildings recently, those 3-in-1 buildings still feel somewhat different, more classic, brick-building, and less pillar/panel building.

I do hope those 3-in-1 buildings will continue.

For 2023 I don't really know what to expect, the main subjects of retiring are some recurring subthemes (Space, Fairground, Tree House, and Outdoor/Camping).

But beside the White Rabbit (2023 is Year of the Rabbit, like the 2022 had the Tiger set), the other sets look again to be March releases so might be a little while for info.

Edited by TeriXeri

Any comment for Creator set 31050 Corner Deli? Someone local is offering this set for $30, new and sealed in damaged box.

It’s really interesting to see 3-in-1 GWp set - Mystic Witch. It will be available rom Oct 14 to 31.  So I created a thread for it to discuss about that GWP. 

Finally got around building the viking ship / serpent , still bigger then I thought from pictures, including the monster, very clever build techniques as well.

Serpent front half could've been more snake like with more articulation points but I think it's fine as is.

3-in-1 remains one of my top favorite themes, but I would not get 2-3 of this set for the alt builds, especially with a Viking Village probably next year from that Target/Ideas vote (however did not judge the alt builds in person cause I have not built them, they still look clever use of parts)

Edited by TeriXeri