TeriXeri

LEGO Creator 2022 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I think it's time for a new topic as march catalog pictures starting to appear.

January 2022:

• 31129 Majestic Tiger 755 pieces €49,99 - Alternate builds : Red Panda - Koi Carp

31129-1.jpg?202109080752

March 2022:

• 31123 Off-road Buggy 160 pieces €14,99  - Alternate builds : Front End Loader - Truck/Quad ?
  • 31124 Super Mech 159 pieces €9,99 - Alternate builds : Jet - Mechanical Dragon ?  
  • 31125 Mythical Forest Creatures 175 pieces €14,99 - Alternate builds : Deer+Rabbit - Squirrel
  • 31126 Supersonic Jet 215 pieces €19,99 - Alternate builds Helicopter - Race Boat
  • 31127 Street Car 258 pieces €19,99 -  Alternate builds Formula 1 - Hot Rod
  • 31128 Dolphin and Turtle 137 pieces €9,99 -  Alternate builds  Sea Horse - Fish

Later this year :

• 31130 Submarine 
  • 31131 Noodle Shop 
  • 31132 Viking Longship and Serpent

Other Creator sets (not 3-in-1)

• 40518 High-Speed Train 284 pieces £17.99 / $19.99 / €19.99

40518_alt1.jpg

• 40519 New York Postcard 253 pieces £13.49 / $14.99 / €14.99

40519_alt1.jpg

• 40520 Beijing Postcard 280 pieces £13.49 / $14.99 / €14.99

40520_alt1.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Have my hopes up for the Viking ship, would be a fine addition as I never got sets from 2005 wave. :pir-cry_sad:

Shouldn't the new High-Speed Train be on this list? It is a Creator set after all, even if Lego thinks it's a Creator Expert one...

15 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Shouldn't the new High-Speed Train be on this list? It is a Creator set after all, even if Lego thinks it's a Creator Expert one...

Yeah I will add it.

Edited by TeriXeri
Added it and the 2 Postcard sets, that are creator but not expert or 3-in-1.

3 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

I want to see the Noodle Shop! Was there a rumoured townhouse too or is that just an alternate build of the noodle shop?

I think it's probably a shop + 1 floor building above it like the 2020 Toy Shop, as so far the rumoured price is €45.

I like the jet, mainly for parts to build something for minifigs tho, those tiles look interesting on it, and I like darkblue and orange pieces as they fit well with Nexo Knights.

The Car and Buggy look like builds where minifig can fit in.

The animal and super mech builds look fun as well but I see them more as parts packs, but it's a lot of creativity in smaller sets in this wave, the "mechanical whelp" really has a Warcraft vibe.

Edited by TeriXeri

I think the owl is best. Still colour choice is a bit weird, especially the ugly yellow variant. On the B-models the colours look even worse. The eyes are too big (is it 3x3?). But otherwise a nice set.

The dolphin is a bit small. I'm also not used to these somewhat new parts of the forehead. I don't think they are very versatile and therefore not a good choice in a Creator set. Again eyes too big on the turtle. The seahorse B-model looks nice.

Does the Mech have an evil face on its stomach? It would be nice if it could transform into anything, but I don't think so.

The street car looks better than the 31103 Rocket Truck from 2020. But it's still below 5867, 31006 or 31024. I don't think I'm a big fan of dark turquoise for a car color. Wheels are too big and will make building good alternates from it hard. Except for building a formula 1 like the B-model, which also looks better than the main model.

Same with the jet, the helicopter B-model looks better than the jet. The jet seems like a very simple base structure and then decorated with a lot of tiles. I wish it would have extendable landing gear, but I doubt that.

The buggy looks weird in a good way, but I'm not really sure we need a new one. Is the front loader supposed to be autonomous? I don't see a cabin there.

Overall not a bad line up. But I wonder which of them will be the popular ones among alternate builders. Like 31112, 31088 and 31087 have been in the past years.

3 hours ago, icm said:

The 2x2 corner wedge tiles have been around for a few years now, but they're still somewhat rare.

Edit, Bricklink link: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=35787#T=C

Yep that's what they are, I see now, thought it was possibly a different part. Even if I do have quite a few of them more will be welcomed, thanks.

The more I look at 31127: Street Car , the more I like it, it's nowhere near minifig/city scale, at 10+ wide , but in terms of parts, looks like a great selection of part types and colors.

Wheels are big but it does come with fenders to allow smaller wheels at a smaller build.

Edited by TeriXeri

Where is the right place to discuss upcoming ideas Sets?

The new Sonic the hedgehog set was leaked. 

Edit: Ok, found the "licensed" sub

Edited by Frequenzberater

Looks like 31109: Pirate Ship went up to €120 in both NL and Germany (from €100) and up to £ 105 in UK.

10255: Assembly Square went up to €260 in Germany from €240. (was already €260 in NL) , up to  £ 230 in UK.

Many other 2020-2021 3-in-1 sets in The Netherlands (and perhaps Belgium and other countries) went down about €5-10, to be the same as the Germany prices.

Edited by TeriXeri

31131: Noodle Shop will be 569 pieces

31132: Viking Ship and Midgard Serpent will be 1192 pieces

2 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

31131: Noodle Shop will be 569 pieces

31132: Viking Ship and Midgard Serpent will be 1192 pieces

This is just my theory : 

Looks like Noodle shop is another 31105: Townhouse Toy Store sized set based on that piece count probably €40-50. 

Hopefully Viking Ship is €100 max, and not like the Pirate Ship that got price increase by +€20  this month.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Looks like Noodle shop is another 31105: Townhouse Toy Store sized set based on that piece count probably €40-50. 

Do they usually only do one town-style Creator building per year? I'm only a year out of my dark ages so I haven't been keeping track. The Creator buildings are often more satisfying to build compared to City sets. Better parts to strip for other builds too. And clear windows, not blue.

Thank you very much for the information, @Jiesdeo! :classic:

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

This is exactly my thought, too! I hoped that it'll be the size of the Pet Shop & Café (imo the best Creator 3 in 1 set so far), but the piece count says that it more will have the Toy Store size. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to it - hopefully it'll have an open back or at least an intelligent opening mechanism that it looks good from in- and outside when opened, too.

35 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Are some of these sets (Noodle Shop, Viking Ship, etc) 3-in-1 sets, right? 

They're all 3in1. Should be good!

5 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

Do they usually only do one town-style Creator building per year? I'm only a year out of my dark ages so I haven't been keeping track. The Creator buildings are often more satisfying to build compared to City sets. Better parts to strip for other builds too. And clear windows, not blue.

The latest non-hinged, but removable floors/technic pin Town style started with Townhouse Pet Shop from 2019 and Mid size Toy Shop from 2020 , both just retired.

2019 House boat also retired, but Friends has a bigger 2022 house/canal boat now.

As for current buildings still available but not town

• 2021 Beach House
  • 2021 Tree House
  • 2020 Caravan fills a gap of Outdoor (Caravan/Camper), and Lighthouse (with red/white stripes and black roof like the 2011/2016 sets)

2014-2017 had also a Town style with sidewalks/technic pins but hinges, 2017-2018 tried something different with modules with removable doors/windows/garden sections.

Early prediction for 2023 would be some outdoor/mountain/snow cabin.

Edited by TeriXeri

I’m disappointed to hear the Noodle Shop is likely a small, open backed build like the Toy Shop (which I didn’t pick up). Hopefully we get some more fully enclosed residential and commercial buildings in the future! 

I think the Toy shoppe was a very good set.

In terms of CREATOR mini-modulars for towns and cities, we've got:

2021: Surfer Beach house

2020: toy shoppe (great but no back)

2019: petshop (great but no back), cabin (too small)

2018: skate house, winter vacation, sweep surprises (none of which were great for a city imho)

2017: townhouse & beachside vacation (last of the 3D closed back CREATOR buildings) and the 3 modular houses (which I passed on)

2016: Lighthouse, corner deli, lakeside lodge - all great enclosed sets.

2015: Changing Seasons, Toy Shop, Beach Hut - all good sets

2014: Bike Shop and Cafe - I think the best on this list. Also started the trend of Mini-figure scale mini-modular cit buildings as opposed to single family homes.

My point is in 8 years we've received 6 city oriented mini-figure scale buildings (excluding cabins, lighthouses and beach huts), and so ANY city building is a rare breed and valuable. If the Noodle Shop is like the toy shop of 2020 I'll be thrilled, as City buildings tend to be overly simple even for the age range. Also, I should add because of 3-in-1 there are at least 14 reasonable city building designs of various sizes from the above bolded city oriented sets.

Also, put be down as someone who loved the enclosed buildings with hinges!

Edited by Some Guy With LEGO

13 hours ago, Some Guy With LEGO said:

2021: nothing really

2021 Surfer Beach House was a pretty decent house/shop type of build, bigger then the other 2 beach houses and while double hinged it was still fully closed.