Sympatik Brick

[Freebuild] round windmill in Marginea (Avalonia)

The hamlet of Marginea is expanding rapidly, its border location between Avalonia and Kaliphlin makes it a regular crossing point for merchants and traders of all kinds. The establishment of the armies of the dragon clan significantly increases the number of mouths to feed. In the oven and in the mill, a couple is active night and day to grind the grain, make and bake the bread. There is no shortage of work, we will have to think about recruiting.

Round mill in Marginea (Avalonia)

Round windmill in Marginea (Avalonia)

Edited by Sympatik Brick

This is a very clever way to get around the wrong color neck problem.  Now to go use it on my fleshies. :grin:  Intriguing texture on the wall too, nice build!

23 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is a very clever way to get around the wrong color neck problem.  Now to go use it on my fleshies. :grin:  Intriguing texture on the wall too, nice build!

Thank you Kai. I love this Viking Woman Minifigurine (I’ve got 7 or 8 I found in a bulk) but I’m crying she’s not fleshy! 

Edited by Sympatik Brick

On 12/11/2021 at 3:30 PM, Kai NRG said:

Hmm, I need to find some fleshy arms for my yellow minifigures...

@Sympatik Brick, the stone technique is interesting.  The shape of everything looks challenging - good job with the a non-square shaped building.

3 hours ago, jtooker said:

Hmm, I need to find some fleshy arms for my yellow minifigures....

😄😄😄agree!

No please, bad idea! It’s so difficult to find fleshy arms and hands, half of the fleshy minifigs wear SW suits with gloves! 😂

On 12/13/2021 at 7:20 PM, Eyrezer said:

😄😄😄agree!

Edited by Sympatik Brick

Interesting use of the half round pieces!  It looks really good, and I like the non-square windmill.  The yellow sleeved shirt looks great, and the roof on the mill is awesome, especially with the chicken.  Look forward to more builds!

Edited by Grover

Thank you Grover!

The rounded pieces are great for medieval pavement too.

My walls are a bit too regular in my opinion and it was difficult to reduce the gap on the roof…  but I’m quite happy with this Moc.

I just moved and my Lego are still in the boxes. I’ll probably go back to each of my old Mocs before starting a new one. All my Mocs presented on the GoH forum are still existing and most of them need to be improved.

I have much more time for lego during automn and winter… No Summer Joust for me this year, maybe next year!

Edited by Sympatik Brick

I understand about moving.  I moved a couple of months ago and will be in temporary housing for probably another 1.5 years, so all my bricks are in storage.  Very frustrating!  Good luck getting back to your bricks in autumn!

Edited by Grover