My GBC Loops

Here I would like to present you my GBC Loops.

First of all I want to show you my Technic GBC Loop. Other loops will come later.

Technic GBC Loop

Technic%20GBC_8.jpg

It has three different ways to transport the balls forward:

an arm that lifts the balls, with a separator in front of it (like in my small GBC (I will present it here soon)):

Technic%20GBC_2.jpg

a conveyor belt:

Technic%20GBC_6.jpg

and three small rotating arms:

Technic%20GBC_%203.jpg

This MOC is already for a while on Rebrickable.

Here is a video:

More photos, instructions, parts list, and some 3D files are available here.

Thank you for reading!:classic:

I hope you like it.

Technic GBC_2 (2).jpg

Edited by Philtech

Small Technic GBC

640x480.jpg

This is another GBC Loop. This time it's a very small one.

The io-file can be found here together with the part list and the instructions.

This MOC on Rebrickable.

Nice! I had building a GBC module on my to-do list for a long time, but always found myself lacking essential parts. I had almost everything for the bigger loop, only missing the ribbed hoses in the right size. So I decided to give it a go with good results:

IMG_2198.jpeg

As you can see, I had to modify the guide with the ribbed hoses, as I only own a few of them and these were the easiest to fit. The instructions are easy enough to follow even for a beginner like myself, and the module is a lot of fun to build and see working. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

As this is my first GBC ever, allow me to give some feedback on the instructions and construction in general.

In general:

• The construction around the worm gear directly next to the motor is a bit difficult to get right, because parts used as axle bearing are only friction locked; it's easy to get it slightly off and then the axle doesn't run smooth.
  • Some parts feel a bit flimsy, especially the ball "rails", which are made with 3L pins with nothing to keep the distance between the two beams fixed. Especially in the "axle lift" this is a bit of an issue.
  • It would be nice to have a few more alignment options, e.g. by having gears that can slide on an axle to disengage.
  • There is no way to run the module by hand, due to the worm gears and the motor being entirely built in. Especially while testing it is nice to run the module by hand.
  • The "axle lift" needs quite a bit of speed to get the ball on the conveyor; too slow and it'll fall back.

Instructions:

• Step 1: one blue 3L pin too many in step inventory
  • Step 28: alignment is really difficult; would be good to have a gear that can slide on an axle to disengage for alignment
  • Step 36: motor cannot be removed for hand-cranking (good for testing) or reuse (I don't have a lot of motors)
  • Step 45: impossible, due to red 3x5 beam that is blocking pin access
  • Step 53: use 45 links instead of 46
  • Step 113: nearly impossible, and quite some stress on the u-joints after assembly (seems that total length is just a bit too much to fit)

The inventory on Rebrickable is not entirely correct. It lists at least one LBG 5M half-beam and one LBG 2x2 connector perpendicular too many.

Edited by ludovisser

On 1/1/2022 at 5:18 PM, ludovisser said:

In general:

• The construction around the worm gear directly next to the motor is a bit difficult to get right, because parts used as axle bearing are only friction locked; it's easy to get it slightly off and then the axle doesn't run smooth.
  • Some parts feel a bit flimsy, especially the ball "rails", which are made with 3L pins with nothing to keep the distance between the two beams fixed. Especially in the "axle lift" this is a bit of an issue.
  • It would be nice to have a few more alignment options, e.g. by having gears that can slide on an axle to disengage.
  • There is no way to run the module by hand, due to the worm gears and the motor being entirely built in. Especially while testing it is nice to run the module by hand.
  • The "axle lift" needs quite a bit of speed to get the ball on the conveyor; too slow and it'll fall back.

Instructions:

• Step 1: one blue 3L pin too many in step inventory
  • Step 28: alignment is really difficult; would be good to have a gear that can slide on an axle to disengage for alignment
  • Step 36: motor cannot be removed for hand-cranking (good for testing) or reuse (I don't have a lot of motors)
  • Step 45: impossible, due to red 3x5 beam that is blocking pin access
  • Step 53: use 45 links instead of 46
  • Step 113: nearly impossible, and quite some stress on the u-joints after assembly (seems that total length is just a bit too much to fit)

The inventory on Rebrickable is not entirely correct. It lists at least one LBG 5M half-beam and one LBG 2x2 connector perpendicular too many.

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to write this feedback! It's very helpful for me.

I will try to respond to each of your points.

In general:

• You are right this is a bit difficult but once it's in the right position, it should actually hold.
  • Yes, these connections are a bit flimsy, but if they were made stronger, for example with Technic Pin Connector Round 1L [Beam], the marbles would no longer roll in the middle, which would be a problem especially with the "axle lift" as the marbles would then roll to the side and onto the floor.
  • I think you mainly meant the other alignment, which is explained below.
  • You can remove the motor by pulling out the two tubes and pulling out the two marked submodels upwards.400x243.jpg Then you can connect a hand crank on the other side with the help of a longer axle.400x300.jpg
  • You are right, this one needs some speed, but that should not be a problem if you have full batteries.

Instructions:

• Step 1: Fixed
  • Step 28: The alignment was hard, you are right. But because the arm for the marbles is directly connected to the feeding mechanism via an axle and the Technic Pin Connector Toggle Joint Smooth Double with Axle and Pin Holes, I didn't find any other easy way to make the alignment better.
  • Step 36: See above.
  • Step 45: Fxed with another order of parts and a submodel
  • Step 53: Fixed.
  • Step 113: Problem solved by leaving out a half bush

The inventory on Rebrickable is also fixed.

I hope this was helpful.:classic:

55 minutes ago, Philtech said:

I hope this was helpful.:classic:

Absolutely. Looking forward to see more technic modules!