Jack Sassy

[MOD/MOC] Winter Village

Hello everyone,

Hope that all is well at this time of year as it can get quite cold. :pir-cry_sad: Anyway, let us cut to the chase. Back in October I obtained my favourite Lego train set of all time - Cargo Train Deluxe. Along with the Hogsmeade Village Visit set that I obtained in August, I thought that there is a good potential for a winter village. I got around to building in early November and now I am finally ready to share the result with ye which, I suppose could be labeled as a MOC/MOD - Winter Village:

Winter Village

As you can see, I used multiple sets, along with some builds of my own (the lake/pond build would be a good example).

I also created a little story for it - in 1952, Christmas is nearing as a local countryside village is getting ready for it. Rumours have spread that a Yeti might be living somewhere in this area, which worries locals even more. Around this time of the month, the local aristocrat comes for a visit in the town to have a good time. Bakery's owner is pleased with her business as the local children always visit for some sweets. Tavern's owner is third in row from his family to own it, they all are famous for their ginger moustache. Another local is popular due to being only one who owns a car in the village, he works in the city and heads to it early every day. Bearded Seller is building a new house in the village, therefore he is seen around more than before. A boy has just recently arrived back home after a long hospital visit in the city. There has also been a warning about a prisoner escaping from the city's prison and it's possible that he might be hiding in the village. Life is full of excitement in this winter village. *huh*

Right, after that longer segment, it's time for some more pictures!

Winter Village

A little train stop where grandma and local drunk are waiting for their train.

Winter Village

Local man with the car heads to work in this cold weather.

Winter Village

Aristocrat praises himself in front of the sweet shop as always.

Winter Village

A couple is fishing for some fish. I was lucky to have collected those 1x2 trans tiles, they really helped me in this case.

Winter VillageWinter Village

I modified the Three Broomsticks building to suit my purpose better - added a little more snow on the roof, especially this roof segment, it really needed such improvement.

Winter Village

This wagon was inspired by the one that appeared in the Winter Village Bakery, I really liked the way it looked (I must confess, the Beared Seller is also inspired by the wagon's driver of the set. In the back he has two planks, hammer and skis.

Winter Village

At last, photography of all the characters in one place.

This build wasn't meant to be exactly a Christmas themed one but more winter themed instead, regardless, happy Advent to everyone, only 20 days left till Christmas! *oh2*

Jack Sassy

38 minutes ago, alsielou said:

Very cute! I enjoyed reading your story :-) Nice little ice fishing pond too.

Thank you! I found this whole thing as a very good solution for a custom Winter Village. Wish I could've had carol singers but the parts in my BrickLink carts are for another, very important build. :pir-grin: