It's Christmas Time...Santa's Cottage
(on LEGO IDEAS too)

It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas and as usual in this period it's time for a Christmas themed creation.
This cozy shelter is the home of Santa Claus, who is preparing his world tour for delivering gifts.
It's called Santa's Cottage and you can support it on LEGO IDEAS too.

If you like the bizarre Santa's Cottage please consider to give it a chance of becoming an actual LEGO IDEAS set.
You can shortcut straight to LEGO IDEAS platform using this handy link:
 https://bit.ly/Santas-Cottage-Norton74

Santa's Cottage features a classic Xmas color scheme, an uncommon shape and an unconventional doors/windows style.
The main feature is probably the asymmetrical roof with a very sloping shape to the left. The woodshed is located under the excess roof.
The red/white/black color combo is simple but effective, and the snowy trees in the background match well.
Last but not least the door and windows are round, a shape rarely spotted on a cottage, but quite common in Hobbit houses.

Santa, who is coming home from a relaxing walk, has also a nice off-road vehicle painted with a color scheme matching with the cottage. You can spot it on the right.

This is probably my last MOC for this year and I wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Santa's Cottage

IMG_4228_2500.jpg

IMG_4231_2500.jpg

IMG_4237_2500.jpg

Edited by Norton74
Mistake spotted

I love it. I would love to own an A-frame cabin one day.
I'm impressed by how awesome Santa looks with a cape.

5 hours ago, Maple said:

I love it. I would love to own an A-frame cabin one day.
I'm impressed by how awesome Santa looks with a cape.

Thanks @Maple 

about the A-Frame, we have to keep our fingers crossed... ;)

ah ah...yes, he looks fine with the cape:laugh:

5 hours ago, MaximB said:

Luxurious and very cozy job! Detailing at an unattainable level!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

5 hours ago, Norton74 said:

It's Christmas Time...Santa's Cottage
(on LEGO IDEAS too)

It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas and as usual in this period it's time for a Christmas themed creation.
This cozy shelter is the home of Santa Claus, who is preparing his world tour for delivering gifts.
It's called Santa's Cottage and you can support it on LEGO IDEAS too.

If you like the bizarre Santa's Cottage please consider to give it a chance of becoming an actual LEGO IDEAS set.
You can shortcut straight to LEGO IDEAS platform using this handy link:
 https://bit.ly/Santas-Cottage-Norton74

<b>Santa's Cottage</b> features a classic Xmas color scheme, an uncommon shape and an unconventional doors/windows style.
The main feature is probably the asymmetrical roof with a very sloping shape to the left. The woodshed is located under the excess roof.
The red/white/black color combo is simple but effective, and the snowy trees in the background match well.
Last but not least the door and windows are round, a shape rarely spotted on a cottage, but quite common in Hobbit houses.

Santa, who is coming home from a relaxing walk, has also a nice off-road vehicle painted with a color scheme matching with the cottage. You can spot it on the right.

This is probably my last MOC for this year and I wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Santa's Cottage

IMG_4228_2500.jpg

IMG_4231_2500.jpg

IMG_4237_2500.jpg

That looks fantastic! I love how all the logs look to the side, not to mention the SNOT rock pathway up to the front porch. The unconventional shape really makes these model stand out. Also, I just noticed all the Mjolners/hammers at the front! That is super impressive!

I have a question though: where does that big pot/vase on the far right of the porch come from? (Next to the chair and satchel and behind the backpack.) I don’t think I’ve ever seen one like that before.

I hope this model passes on Lego Ideas as I would love to have this in my new Winter Village display. Great job @Norton74, keep up the good work!

5 minutes ago, The Stud said:

That looks fantastic! I love how all the logs look to the side, not to mention the SNOT rock pathway up to the front porch. The unconventional shape really makes these model stand out. Also, I just noticed all the Mjolners/hammers at the front! That is super impressive!

I have a question though: where does that big pot/vase on the far right of the porch come from? (Next to the chair and satchel and behind the backpack.) I don’t think I’ve ever seen one like that before.

I hope this model passes on Lego Ideas as I would love to have this in my new Winter Village display. Great job @Norton74, keep up the good work!

Thank you very much @The Stud, I'm very happy you appreciate all the details and techniques.

About your question that piece is "Scala and Belville Flowerpot", I've used it in some of my past creations like my Winter Garden. BL part No. 33008

Thanks again!

19 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

Absolute stunning lovely:wub_drool:

Thanks buddy:wink:

4 hours ago, _TLG_ said:

Awesome build with very nice details!

Thank you very much @_TLG_ :)

That's a lot of creative stuff! Outstanding snow in different forms and icicles (?). Wish we got a set with such attention to snow alone. Appreciate the idea of such a lovely Santa's place!

12 hours ago, MaceWindu said:

That's a lot of creative stuff! Outstanding snow in different forms and icicles (?). Wish we got a set with such attention to snow alone. Appreciate the idea of such a lovely Santa's place!

Thank you very much @Mace WinduWindu I'm glad you like the different kind of snow😊

Have a nice day buddy 🎅🎄😊

Really lovely, love the asymmetrical roof and the nice little log pile, and the color-scheme over all! Really committing to the white snow everywhere makes it seem chilly but with the wonderful red POP! What piece did you use for the building stones of the porch?

10 hours ago, Zepher said:

Really lovely, love the asymmetrical roof and the nice little log pile, and the color-scheme over all! Really committing to the white snow everywhere makes it seem chilly but with the wonderful red POP! What piece did you use for the building stones of the porch?

@Zepher Thank you very much! Glad you like it :)

About the porch, this is the piece: Minifigure, Utensil Tool Sledgehammer (Mjolnir, Hammer)

Have a nice day!

I love this!  I would buy this in a heartbeat if it was a set so supported for sure.  This is one of the best MOC's I have seen in a while, thanks for sharing your design with us.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:53 PM, Herky said:

I love this!  I would buy this in a heartbeat if it was a set so supported for sure.  This is one of the best MOC's I have seen in a while, thanks for sharing your design with us.

Thank you very much for your kind words buddy, very appreciated 🙏

I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New year 🎅🎄🎉

21 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow this version of the snowy cottage is beautiful, you have turned the landscape into a fairytale edition! :wub:

Thanks a bunch buddy 🙏 glad you like this snowy Santa's Cottage☺️

Buone feste e buon Natale 🎄🎅🎉

On 12/26/2021 at 9:40 AM, peedeejay said:

I love all your cottages and this one is no difference. Pure eye candy!

Thanks a bunch @peedeejay

Wishing you a wonderful holiday:pir_laugh2:

Santa's Cottage fully detailed interiors are out now!

While only few supports are missing to achieve the coveted goal for Santa's Cottage on LEGO IDEAS, I show you the interiors of the Cottage I built as update project No. 8 few days ago.
The Cottage features a complete interior with two floors: the upper one with the bedroom; and the ground floor with the living room. The whole interior is chock full of details that make the set very playable.
You can easily lift up the two roofs to access inside and play with the utensils and surprising accessories including table and chairs, a fireplace, a pendulum clock and many more.
Thanks to the wooden furniture you can breathe a warm and welcoming atmosphere, typical of mountain cottages: nice coziness inside while it's cold outside.
It's Christmastime indeed! And it's so enjoyable!

IMG_4652_3000_effects-scaled.jpg

IMG_4646_3000_effects-scaled.jpg

IMG_4660_3000_effects-scaled.jpg

10.000 THANKS!

A few days ago my Santa’s Cottage achieved the coveted 10,000 votes on LEGO IDEAS: it's unbelievable😊!
It all started on December 1st and ended on February 1st: exactly two months!
I've worked hard these 63 days to promote the project and I am delighted to have achieved the goal.
I thank everyone who helped me in this incredible path.
I don't know how it will end up but I am already very happy and satisfied with it.
Thank you all! You're awesome!

IMG_4625_2500.jpg