Hey guys!

I present my new model, a BuWizz 2.0 powered Baja Truck! It features:

• Independent double wishbone front suspension, with servo steering and positive caster for better return-to-center
  • Live axle rear suspension, powered by a buggy motor and BuWizz 2.0

800x450.jpg

My goal with this truck was to make a small, lightweight truck with excellent offroad capabilities and smooth suspension travel, while also giving it a realistic look with the least number of pieces. Overall I'm quite satisfied with the result! 

Here's a video:

And more photos:

800x449.jpg

800x449.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

More photos can be found on the BrickSafe page: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Teo_LEGO_Technic/baja-truck

Hope you guys enjoyed!

-Teo

The overall Idea of reducing weight as much as possible to increase offroad performance is visible (holes) but I do think it is executed pretty good. Only thing that really bothers me is the front bumper facing upwards. Looks like it had a front end collision...

But overall a very nice and capable creation!

Edited by Gray Gear

I like how light-weight this build is, and the fact that it uses only one Buggy motor that's not built into the rear axle! I have been wondering how those motors could be used in a more realistic drivetrain setup, as they seem pretty long and optimized for direct drive to the wheels. So this build kind of proves what I suspected that if you build it into the middle of the chassis in an upright position then it will unfortunately take the middle of the cockpit.. But still a really cool one!

It does look very nice and light! Do you think removing the rear differential would cause too many problems? As it is, I'd expect that it could get into trouble a lot while off-roading, thanks to the open diff.

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

On 12/3/2021 at 10:32 AM, The01 said:

A beautiful truck :pir-wub: very fast and nice bouncy suspension. I like it:thumbup:

Thanks! Bouncy was what I was going for :))

On 12/3/2021 at 11:22 AM, Gray Gear said:

The overall Idea of reducing weight as much as possible to increase offroad performance is visible (holes) but I do think it is executed pretty good. Only thing that really bothers me is the front bumper facing upwards. Looks like it had a front end collision...

But overall a very nice and capable creation!

Fair enough, I was going for something like these:

800x533.jpg

800x512.jpg

4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

I like how light-weight this build is, and the fact that it uses only one Buggy motor that's not built into the rear axle! I have been wondering how those motors could be used in a more realistic drivetrain setup, as they seem pretty long and optimized for direct drive to the wheels. So this build kind of proves what I suspected that if you build it into the middle of the chassis in an upright position then it will unfortunately take the middle of the cockpit.. But still a really cool one!

I used RM8's setup from his Sunset Baja Truck. Unfortunately, your're right, at this scale the buggy motor has to take up cabin space.

3 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

It does look very nice and light! Do you think removing the rear differential would cause too many problems? As it is, I'd expect that it could get into trouble a lot while off-roading, thanks to the open diff.

That's a good point, I didn't try removing the diff. It probably would slow it down a bit cornering on smooth surfaces, but offroad would probably help. I'll try that next time :wink: