Transparency for Effect

How can I tell if hose parts are cut or not?

I'm not even entirely sure being cut is the case, but I'm comparing two different Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. parts of the same axle length (y'know, these pieces: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=522) for a Sand Tarakava replica and I think one piece has one more of the rings than the other and thus maybe a little longer. Is this standard for the pieces to be slightly different like that, or has there been piece alteration here? As someone whose purist in the sense that I just want a LEGO set to have the parts as they normally are, can you tell if a hose part has been cut down (and thus not the actual piece) if that's even what's happening here? For all I know the messy-looking ends of the parts may just be the condition or so. I sorta just get OCD over the parts being correct, a similar case if Hose, Rigid 3mm D. parts (https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=528) are cut or distinguishing between the proto minifigure blank heads and regular minifigure heads whose face printing has been rubbed off over time (as well as stuff like if parts are actually bootleg instead of authentic LEGO, but that's another can of worms).

EDIT: Looking at some sealed parts from a bag of the Sidorak set, yeah the inconsistent rings seems to be present there too, and a little weird "fraying" at an end where part of the circle is raised above the rest of it. Guessing LEGO's production itself cuts the pieces down from a long length into the right size and the softer plastic is why stuff like that happens? 

Edited by Transparency for Effect

7 hours ago, Transparency for Effect said:

Looking at some sealed parts from a bag of the Sidorak set, yeah the inconsistent rings seems to be present there too, and a little weird "fraying" at an end where part of the circle is raised above the rest of it. Guessing LEGO's production itself cuts the pieces down from a long length into the right size and the softer plastic is why stuff like that happens? 

Looks like you worked it out. Tubes are not moulded the same way as bricks and other parts, these are probably manufactured in the same way any other plastic tube is: Extrusion.

Then a very long tube is cut into lengths as required. 

This probably, but on a much much smaller scale, and like, minus all the drainage stuff...

You can tell if the tube has been cut badly, as it often whitens at the ends if it is crushed as it is cut with scissors or chopped in one motion with a thick blade. Whereas someone doing it neatly with a craft knife and rolling it under the blade will produce an almost perfect cut.

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Looks like you worked it out. Tubes are not moulded the same way as bricks and other parts, these are probably manufactured in the same way any other plastic tube is: Extrusion.

Then a very long tube is cut into lengths as required. 

This probably, but on a much much smaller scale, and like, minus all the drainage stuff...

And I thought I was making a bad guess there!

Thanks for the info you all :)