Captain Green Hair

Dutch VOC ship the Prins Willim, minifig scale!

Hi CGH!

Great update! Good to see there is still progression in the project! :pir-classic:

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

I'm afraid I have to put this project on ice for some time, since we are in the progress of buying a new house.

I do think I owe you guys a small update, here are some shots just before she went into storage:

pwf_013.jpg

pwf_015.jpg

pwf_016.jpg

As you can see I have started to build up the side further and the first gunports have been installed.

Next to that all the supports for the main deck have been made, so I can start laying it in.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, I had little time to shoot a few pics.

The new house will be finished somewhere next year, then I'll finally have a decent space to build and I will continue on her.

Luckily she is staying at a good friend's house, so I might get a chance to do some work on her in the meantime. Who knows? :pir-sweet:

wow that is looking good (and very big),

I hope you enjoy the move to your new house,

I got one question, do you know the name of those black lines? in Dutch or English, I cannot find it anywere.

Bart

PS. I saw the left over (hull part) from the replica Wednesday in Harlingen, and to my suprise it is stil floating :classic:

I see you made some good progress :thumbup:

It looks teriffic. The gunports and the curved black lines look very good.

The pumps seem interesting too. I'd like to see better pictures of them some day.

Good luck with moving house!

And, since I believe many people have been looking forward to a new update, and because the next update will take a while again:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks for the kind words guys, the new house is still a big hassle. I hope to find time soon again to do some work on her.

wow that is looking good (and very big),

I hope you enjoy the move to your new house,

I got one question, do you know the name of those black lines? in Dutch or English, I cannot find it anywere.

Bart

PS. I saw the left over (hull part) from the replica Wednesday in Harlingen, and to my suprise it is stil floating :classic:

The black lines in Dutch are ''berghout'', the term for a single one.

In English it would be hull protector beams, bumper woods or something along those lines. :pir-grin:

They are rebuilding the replica there, it will take about 3 years though I think.

It still floats as it is mounted on a pontoon. :pir-wink:

I see you made some good progress :thumbup:

It looks teriffic. The gunports and the curved black lines look very good.

The pumps seem interesting too. I'd like to see better pictures of them some day.

Good luck with moving house!

And, since I believe many people have been looking forward to a new update, and because the next update will take a while again:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks for the blog post! :thumbup:

I believe the pumps are in some of the earlier pictures, but I'm too lazy to look for them....

It's great to see another update, I've been looking for this ship but I couldn't find it in the forum. :pir-blush:

I hope now that it won't be too fragile. :pir-classic:

She is far from fragile, the move went very smooth!

The black lines in Dutch are ''berghout'', the term for a single one.

In English it would be hull protector beams, bumper woods or something along those lines. :pir-grin:

Actually "berghouten" are called wales in English pirate_wink.gif

As I said last time in Amsterdam, your progress is looking great!!

But it's sad to hear you won't be able to work on her for some time though.

But then again, that gives me the opportunity to do a little catching up.pirate_laugh_new.gif

Oh and good luck with your new house matey!!

Cheers,

Errorist

well, im sorry i did read the thread, and i thought that you may have had restarted after 15 months...no need to react in such a way...

Well seeing as its been bumped and I haven't added imput, this is an amzing project, I have been watching it for ages and I await further progress, stunning work.

Deses why don't you introduce yourself Here

That's a truly EPIC project!

Hope that everything's going smoothly on your new house so that you can start working on her again. :pir-tongue:

Well I can update that we will be moving house in 6 weeks, finally after much delay and the winds against us. :sweet:

Work will start again early May, I need to finish up some smaller things first for an event that will be held in Belgium. Announcements of this will follow, as the Prince will also be visiting this event in her current state.

Captain Gree... Sorry, Commander Red Hat, a long time it has been since I graced thee shores of the pirate forums, but I wanted to place my ongoing support into this project. I really hope that you have settled in nicely to the new house and that this beauty will be worked on again soon. This project stuck in my mind all the years I have been away. Keep up the hard work.

Cpt. PB