Captain Green Hair

Dutch VOC ship the Prins Willim, minifig scale!

Holy cow!!! The size and detail are awe inspiring!! Can't wait to see it completed. Sure to be another one of your many masterpieces!!

:jollyroger:

She looks great Rick. I'm really amazed at all the small offsets you managed to achieve with clever SNOT-ing. And it's good to see this one will feature a full detailed interior (well, you can't use the excuse that you don't have any space :pir_laugh2: ).

Fantastic work Captain! I'm in awe. :pir-cry_happy:

Her main line is visible already, and it is becoming a beast of a ship!

The stern turns out amazing already with the painting on the wulf, very good job on that. :thumbup: The interior looks great too!

Although it looks rather big in there, I thought those ships were more cramped. Perhaps filling it up with more barrels and crew might work.

I also would place some lanterns on the ceilings or pillars, to add even more detail.

Furthermore I have nothing to say, it's just amazing. :pir-sweet:

Keep it up Captain, and good luck!

Wow, I can't wait to see this beauty done, I'm so excited now! She is coming along excellently, The interior is gorgeous and the overall shape is beautiful, very well done mate! :thumbup:

I love this CGH, You have done good job whit the black line, i cant wait to see her finished and ready to rule the seas :pir-grin:

Keep on building and bricking CGH

Captain Becker

Almost everything about this ship is just absolutely brilliant!

The only thing that 'bothers' me (well, I'm just not sure about it) is, shouldn't the 'boegscheg' be a little bit more curved?

Maybe it's not at his full length yet, in that case ignore my critic :pir-classic:

For the rest it's amazing and perfect, can't whait to see those LED's in it. I think that will make some very nice pictures :pir-sweet:

Thanks guys, your kind words keep me building! :thumbup:

Although it looks rather big in there, I thought those ships were more cramped. Perhaps filling it up with more barrels and crew might work.

I also would place some lanterns on the ceilings or pillars, to add even more detail.

Furthermore I have nothing to say, it's just amazing. :pir-sweet:

Keep it up Captain, and good luck!

The main hold wasn't cramped on these early return ships, I will add such things to the gundeck.

The lower interior is basically finished, I might add more later on.

The only thing that 'bothers' me (well, I'm just not sure about it) is, shouldn't the 'boegscheg' be a little bit more curved?

Maybe it's not at his full length yet, in that case ignore my critic :pir-classic:

For the rest it's amazing and perfect, can't whait to see those LED's in it. I think that will make some very nice pictures :pir-sweet:

The ''boegscheg'' is about 98% correct according to the plans at the moment, but indeed not yet finished.

They didn't curve much on these, as the headrails were just build in between that and the bow. :pir-wink:

She looking great! Does he find that drunk in the hold? Flogg him! :devil: Cant wait to see the progress on that gundeck..Then the fun starts! Keep it up Rick! OH and save me some rown jumpers I need some! :pir-tongue:

It's so great to see another update of the Willem. Now comes the interesting part but also a difficult one because you need to switch from building upside down to studs on top. I hope the walls will be strong and the connection will be good enough so the ship is not too fragile, but I'm sure you will be able to pull this of.

Hmm to be perfectly honest I would have liked a modular design more than having some big holes in the hull. Perhaps you could make the holes sort of modular so that there is a possibility to open and close these gaps.. also would help keeping the dust away without using non-lego pieces like plexiglass.

Other than that this project is just pure awesomeness, if you ever finish it, I cannot think of a better ship of that style being ever made. You are setting the ladder for MOCs quite high here...

(One more reason for me to build a waterline model using completely different techniques)

Regards

Perfectionist

Hmm to be perfectly honest I would have liked a modular design more than having some big holes in the hull. Perhaps you could make the holes sort of modular so that there is a possibility to open and close these gaps.. also would help keeping the dust away without using non-lego pieces like plexiglass.

Modular would be nice... if it were going to be toyed around with... Since the ship is for display purposes, I think a cutaway would work better... I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the plexiglass though... but I can bet you CGH will make a nice plexiglass case AROUND the ship once he's finished.

:pir_yoda:

Thanks for the updates CGH!

This ship is going to be something else for sure.

You will definatley state that you are the Master of building ships.

Looking forward to more updates in the future.

Wow, I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet! Rick, your ship is looking outstanding. The attention to detail is really quite a feat on a project of this scale. I still think your SNOT to non-SNOT black line is extremely clever, and the SNOT decking is outstanding.

I'm assuming this will end up in a display case with lighting etc. inside?

Only thing I'm a little worried about is the masts. It may just be me, but I think they look to thin for a ship this size. I'm sure you've done research on it, but to me the masts just don't look thick enough.

Still, amazing ship, you're doing a fine job. :pir-classic:

An amazing update Captain :thumbup:

When will you be installing those lights?

We will discuss her progress further on other places :pir-wink:

Keep up the good work!!

Edited by Errorist

Only thing I'm a little worried about is the masts. It may just be me, but I think they look to thin for a ship this size. I'm sure you've done research on it, but to me the masts just don't look thick enough.

Your right. They do seem a LITTLE small, but I don't think you can get much closer to the correct size using lego... though he could possibly do a SNOT mast that's closer to the right diameter, but it'd look rather bricky, if you know what I mean...

:pir_yoda:

P.S. Are you gluing this CGH?

P.P.S. Also, are the tires on the mast supposed to be iron rings?

Edited by the_green_avenger

Only thing I'm a little worried about is the masts. It may just be me, but I think they look to thin for a ship this size.

They look to scale for me: look here.

Actually I think they're rather too thick than too thin.

Regards

Perfectionist

Amazing! Love the amount of details of the inside, Love the way you did the floor, Keep bricking mate! I want to see it complete! and you HAVE TO finish it, it'll be a beauty !

Thanks guys! I think I'll be doing some work on her this weekend.

Perfectionist

Modular would be nice, but difficult when you want fully functional rigging.

The decision for the cut outs was easily made, everybody wants to see the inside all the time, so why bother making hatches? (Also saves a bit on bricks)

3 studs is pretty close to perfect in Lego. :pir-wink:

We will discuss her progress further on other places :pir-wink:

Keep up the good work!!

Preferably with some Jupilers. :pir-grin:

They look to scale for me: look here.

Actually I think they're rather too thick than too thin.

Regards

Perfectionist

Don't refer too the replica ship, those masts were made from Aluminium and actually too thin. :pir-wink:

3 studs is the best you can get in Lego, trust me.

Thanks guys! I think I'll be doing some work on her this weekend.

Do you plan on having holes that open up to other parts of the interior like the cable room or master gunner's room, etc.?

Modular would be nice, but difficult when you want fully functional rigging.

The decision for the cut outs was easily made, everybody wants to see the inside all the time, so why bother making hatches? (Also saves a bit on bricks)

Because it's just great when you can pull them off to show your interior. I think it would be a nice effect. Also you would have the possibility to have the more realistic view on the ship with the hatches closed without having to turn it to the other side.

And considering how many bricks such a project costs, I doubt it will save you much not to build hatches.

Might be a matter of taste, but I really don't see any good reason not to make hatches :pir-tongue:

Well your ship is going to be great anyway, but to me it would be better with hatches.

Perfectionist