Captain Green Hair

Dutch VOC ship the Prins Willim, minifig scale!

Any updates yet, dear Captain GreenHair?

Well one would think that 2.500 white jumperbricks would be enough... :pir-hmpf_bad:

But i can tell you that the stern has changed again and i've started on the interior of the main hold, i'll do an update somewhere next week. :pir-wink:

Yeah, no kidding!

I can't have a ship of this size being complete before mine. :pir-tongue:

I must be sure that mine is going to be done before yours. :pir-laugh:

Sure, but you are cheating, your ship misses a certain part that makes it float. :pir-tongue:

Sure, but you are cheating, your ship misses a certain part that makes it float. :pir-tongue:

I know. :pir-grin:

I was going to finish that later. :pir-wink:

Looove that figurehead!! :pir-wub:

It's the same lion as the "Zeven Provinciën" right? I believe the "Batavia" has also a lion as figurehead. I like it!

Your ship is getting very cool so far. Every time you look at it you're stunned by it's size. Great work so far! :thumbup:

I know. :pir-grin:

I was going to finish that later. :pir-wink:

Sure hope so, that will look awesome! :thumbup:

Perhaps if someday we can solve the logistical nightmare, we can get all minifig scale ships together ey? :pir-sweet:

Looove that figurehead!! :pir-wub:

It's the same lion as the "Zeven Provinciën" right? I believe the "Batavia" has also a lion as figurehead. I like it!

Your ship is getting very cool so far. Every time you look at it you're stunned by it's size. Great work so far! :thumbup:

Thanks! :thumbup:

It's almost the same as the 7 provincieën, that one has a crown on his head.

All Dutch ships had the lion, but warships had the crown on it as they sailed for the king.

This is basically a 17th century company owned cargo ship.

You should also make a MOC from the Amsterdam, a nice VOC ship as well.

Funny you mention that, i was planning on that one first.

The Amsterdam is of British design and not typically Dutch, that and the fact that the Willim is bigger and has nicer lines, made me decide to do this one.

But projects like this are time and money consuming, if i make another it will be later in time..

And then i think i'll make a warship of the same age, perhaps ''de gouden leeuw'', as that is typically Dutch too.

Sure hope so, that will look awesome! :thumbup:

Perhaps if someday we can solve the logistical nightmare, we can get all minifig scale ships together ey? :pir-sweet:

Once i find a way to have my ship cross the Atlantic, I'll let you know. :pir-wink:

That would be awesome to bring these two ships together. :pir-classic:

Progress has been slow, but yes, progress has been made.

The delay was mainly caused by the fact that i have finally found plans of the ship, but because of this wonderfull find, i had to adjust a few things...

The plans come from a book called ''Prins Willim, een 17e eeuwse oostindië vaarder'' by author Herman Ketting.

Here's a shot from the most important pages:

Plans.jpg

First up the whole ship, now nicely tiled:

aaa.jpg

I've started to build up the above water part, this is still a bit preliminary and i'm not yet too happy about it.

You can also see the first ''berghout'', the black line. This also shows you how i plan to build upwards again.

C&C on this part is very welcome:

bbb.jpg

Here's the rear, with the chaser gunports in, i plan to make the hinges different on the finished version:

ccc.jpg

With the hatch opened:

ddd.jpg

And here you can see Spongebob and Patrick having some fun:

eee.jpg

The final cannons are currently being engraved with the VOC logo by my good friend Matija, and will look like this:

fff.jpg

Here you can see the new bow, which has been extended and got a new ''grootspant'', now 99% accurate :pir-sweet:

ggg.jpg

Again we find our friends running around in the main hold:

hhh.jpg

A cool detail that can be found here is the opened ballast pit, you can also see the ladder coming from the main hatch:

jjj.jpg

On the final version the whole back wall will be reddish brown, the black ''eyes'' are representing the metal hooks to fasten the cargo:

iii.jpg

The decks are modular build, so i can easily rearrange stuff on them, the interior isn't finished yet.

And now for all you negative nancies that worry about if it's strong enough and that i'm not afraid that she'll break up:

kkk.jpg

No i am not. :pir-grin:

So that's it for now, i hope you like it.

C&C are more then welcome!

Now that I see these pictures of the ship, including some of the brown part above the water, I don't have words to say how awesome it looks. Man, this is going to be the awesomest of all awesome ships I've seen in my life. The line of the ship and the colors are better than perfect Captain. I'll look at these pics again after I chilled a bit in the Sauna of my hotel (as I'm in Saudi right now).

Good God almighty, this is amazing, the sheer size of that ship!

The hulls look very cool and the inside even better so far.

The guns...OMG.

Btw you look good too! Wanna date? :pir_laugh2:

"some progress" he said. This is awesome! The hold looks great from the inside. The stern is cool too.

And I'd never expected it was that strong, my ship will break apart if I carry it around. :pir_laugh2:

Keep up this wonderful progress! :pir-cry_happy:

EDIT: How can I forget to mention those wonderful cannons?? Awesome.

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

Mighty fine work you did there Captain!

But of course I already saw that with my own eyes :pir-tongue:

I do have one little thing I'd like to note about the brown line though.

There is something there that doesn't seem just right.

I think that you should follow through with the brown steps here instead of going back a step.

bbb.jpg

Just a suggestion though :pir-wink:

Keep up the fantastic work matey :thumbup:

Errorist

The Prins Willim´s a wonderful template and your WIP looks absolutely stunning and marvelous! :pir-oh:

A most impressive project and a simply beautiful and ingenious work by now. The amount of detail

for the interior looks already very promising and the color scheme and that lovely hull really rocks! :thumbup:

CGh, that's amazing ... I'm in love with your ship, that's excellent! I really can't wait to see it finished, build it ! now ! ^^

What a fantastic progress you've made. And those engraved canons are really special and awesome. Nice work; keep up the building!

That's a mighty fine ship CGH! :sweet: I'll be around to see this baby finished, so don't worry. :wink::tongue:

Edited by Lego12

This will be one mightily impressive ship once finished. The half-stud/jumper differences combined with the tiles-out technique really gives an amazing hull.

Looking forward to see it in a LEGOWorld sometime.

kkk.jpg

And that's a minute before the Prins Willim was dropped. :pir-tongue:

Seriously, it's a very nice model, and it's looking a lot better!

Wow, that is really good. I can't wait to see the finished product!

I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing