Once upon a time in Egypt...

51708390121_621aa1c181_c.jpg

51707601957_572f41277b_c.jpg

51709062039_98a651fa53_c.jpg

51707169032_d62e3f3da0_c.jpg

I proudly present my latest creation :)

I've been wanting to build something in the adventurers theme like forever and now that it's finished I don't really know what to say so I'll let the pictures do the talking.

img_2355_4_small.png

img_2457.png

img_2462.png

51167915626_e450b894ab_c.jpg

img_2465.png

51701124089_8041870e07_c.jpg

51699102875_62187b43dd_c.jpg

51698494398_c3715b39a1_c.jpg

51697930533_4a9e8c286c_z.jpg

51698333929_4da9877ef2_z.jpg

img_2493.png

img_2498.png

img_2502.png

img_2484.png

img_2489.png

50345589976_11e17d102f_c.jpg

As to not overflow this topic with too many pictures I hid some in a spoiler.

Spoiler

img_2474.png

img_2481.png

img_2411.png

img_2414.png

img_2539.png

img_2520_canopicjars.png

And I still didn't manage to get everything in there that I wanted, should have built it three times this size for that.

Edited by Sebeus I
Deleted LEGO Ideas link

:pir-love:Oh my! Ye have done an incredible work on this MOC as always. Amount of detail that's here is amazing. Think I saw a picture or two on Flickr about a week ago but now that I see it all, it takes my breath away. :pir-wub::pir-thumb:

This is really cool, I love how you did the paintings. The actual shape of the building is also great, overall very nice.

Glorious MOC in a revival of an old and rarely done theme! That angled tower section really makes it and the whole architecture (especially interior), fauna and style is simply awesome. Fantastic creation.

Repeating what everyone's said above! :pir-love:

Can I also add: the buried and tilting obelisk and the statue are delightful touches.

Thanks for sharing something from my eternal favourite theme.

Damn, this is a work of genius :oh:

Ancient Egypt is one of my lowkey hobbies (hobbys? *huh* ), and this build is absolutely fantastic! 
So many great details. Like Peppermint_M said, the slanted statue and obelisk are very well done and I love the urns of, among others, Anubis, in the final picture :wub: 

Truly, a work of art!

Regards,
Mitch

Great detail. I enjoy how you did all those columns. Is that a spoked wheel type piece at the top and bottom?

Thank you for the nice comments!

The première was actually two weeks ago, on an exhibition event (BrickMania Antwerp). 

@Maxim I supplied a modest extension to the diorama which can be found here.

img_5245.png

A great contribution. The airships in this picture are by @Captain Braunsfeld by the way.

3 hours ago, karmajay said:

Great detail. I enjoy how you did all those columns. Is that a spoked wheel type piece at the top and bottom?

They are gears actually, this part to be exact. Or perhaps you meant the upper/lowermost part? Those would be these parts.

So many details that the passing viewer couldn't see there in Antwerp.
Thanks for sharing those inside pictures!

Stunning diorama. It reminds me of Karnac and visiting the tombs in the Valley of the Kings. The colors are bright and match what I saw. You've captured the architectural feel perfectly. All the old Adventurers pieces give it the proper look. I like how you mounted the minifig wing units to be relief carvings, gears in the pillars, and your canopic jars. All together, a superb MOC.

Everything about this is amazing! Your brick-built murals are the best. And the printed bricks compliment them so well. Wonderful use of the Pharaoh's Quest pieces to enhance the Johnny Thunder vibe.

You once again outdid yourself Seb!

I especially like the brick built painted walls and the big sloped corners of the temple. Also so jealous about your Brickmania Antwerp ship-guys! Some day, some day I will visit too! :pir-sing:

The adventure series and especially the Egypt part used to be my favorite Lego theme! Great work! This model is what I dreamed about back in the late 90s/ early 2000s.

It was great to see this fantastic build live at Brickmania Antwerp - and the interior shots are incredible too.

It is such a well-designed, carefully crafted work of art.:pir-sweet:

And @Sebeus I has threatened to build even more sets in that style!

Can't wait!

Love this! I have always wanted the printed hieroglyphs parts from the Adventurers sets but really like the brick-built paintings you have created and love the water.

I also want to compliment you. I really like all the details inside. Those are very cool to see. I also like all the ccharacters inside and outside which are displayed as a wall painting.

Really awesome MOC!  So much detail on the interiors and the brick-built reliefs are impressive in the walls. :wub:

Late to commenting on this, but did want to praise you for preserving some of the original Adventurer building techniques while also introducing more contemporary pieces and colors to this wonderful LEGO theme! I'm especially fond of your half-buried statue, which looks to have a very similar look to the statue in the 5958 Mummy's Tomb and the sphinx in (what else) 5978's Sphinx's Secret Surprise! (And those canopic jars are killer too @Sebeus I! I may want to borrow those designs if I end up dipping back into this theme! They look very sturdy and evocative of the real thing!)