Aurore

[Freebuild] Embervale Advent Calendar 2021 - Heroic Fantasy

Poor Evrart! :laugh:

It's cool to see that Neuro torso from Ninjago. You don't see it too often - if I recall correctly, that figure was quite rare (I think he was part of a Toys-R-Us exclusive "Bricktober" pack). He's gotten quite expensive on BrickLink!

@socalbricks *Gasp. I had no idea I had given such an expensive outfit to a simple guard who does not even apreciate it! It's crazy, the price of this torso is now fourth times the one I paid for it way back in 2019...*huh* 

Edited by Aurore

Day 5 - Tomb

51725523536_9e127090be.jpg 51725770573_9ed15ce2f2.jpg

Evrart: "That's one very weird tomb effigy."
Alrune: "It's called a transi. Funerary art designed to remind the living of the transience of their mortal life - and of the futility of trying to escape those dungeons by magically passing through the walls. It's not a statue, by the way!"

Edited by Aurore

I've seen transi while traveling in places like Austria - you nailed the look! I really like that creative use of the carbonite block! You rarely see it in non-Star Wars MOCs - I always thought it was too "niche" to be used outside of that. This shows how wrong I was - I might have to use this to make my own Transi!

19 hours ago, Aurore said:

@socalbricks *Gasp. I had no idea I had given such an expensive outfit to a simple guard who does not even apreciate it! It's crazy, the price of this torso is now fourth times the one I paid for it way back in 2019...*huh* 

I guess it's just one of those figures whose value greatly appreciates in time (its exclusivity in that aforementioned Bricktober pack doesn't hurt). I had a similar experience when I bought a Zuckuss figure for $14 back in 2019. He now goes for an average of $40 (in "used condition")!

16 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

A futuristic tomb found:

Coming Soon: GoH Book IV: Aliens Invade Historica

Edited by socalbricks

2 hours ago, socalbricks said:
2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

A futuristic tomb found:

Coming Soon: GoH Book IV: Aliens Invade Historica

tumblr_inline_ob0b7nPnv31uo0lij_400.png

Day 6 - Goblin Idol

51727194692_b34838718e.jpg

Dresghar: "I'm telling you, that monstrosity is plotting something. Just look at its freaky eyes!"

Edited by Aurore

Transi? Now I’m learning new words! 
Love the little idol. Is that one of those modified plates that originally came with Mario sets?

@Sympatik Brick Thank you so much! I was deep into my dark age when the last Castle advent calendar was available...and I really feel I have missed something. 

@Eyrezer Without wikipedia, I'd never have found the name in english! :laugh: And yes, the plate is from a Mario set (they are available on B&P).

Day 7 - Lich King Thagrasel

51729593967_ba8de8eb91.jpg

Alrune: "The guy who built Embervale Castle a few hundred years ago. Famous for his frightening necromancy powers, mainly, but he was quite a talented dungeon designer as well."

On 12/6/2021 at 8:25 AM, Aurore said:

Day 6 - Goblin Idol

Nice shrine! It like the use of that Heroica "micro-fig". I also like the shaping you achieved with the "1x1 plate with bar handles" and "modified 4x4 plate". I didn't know the latter came in dark-bluish gray - time to get it on B&P or BrickLink! 

4 hours ago, Aurore said:

Day 7 - Lich King Thagrasel

I LOVE how this design turned out. I know I'm going to sound like a "broken record" for saying this, but the parts combos (Ninjago, Marvel, and CMF) are incredible as always. You even got the same shade of gold (I know it can vary a lot) across his entire body! 

In summary, this is one of my favorite figures that you've made! Stuff like this and the CDC2 CMF entries has me wondering if I should make a "favorite figures gallery" for myself on Flickr (so as to compile them all in one place). There's so much of that talent within GoH!

On 12/6/2021 at 4:25 AM, Aurore said:

Day 6 - Goblin Idol

The inclusion of a rat is great to hint at the dark place where it's located and to break up all the grey. 

I feel like kidnapping the dungeon designer would be a great way to short circuit a quest!

@socalbricks Thank you so much! (broken record as well) And I agree with you, Historica is now home to so many wonderful and creative minifigs thanks to the CDC2 CMF entries!

@W Navarre Thank you! That's indeed the reason I added the rat and the colourful items in the tomb the day before (so much bley!) :sweet:

@Eyrezer Kidnapping a lich (lichnapping?) would be a quest in itself! 

Day 8 - Count Scapula

51733238409_52acc92b09.jpg

Alrune: "The goblins call him the skeleton on a stick. I call him my research assistant!"

Love this hanging skeleton (that face gives him a lot of personality)! It reminds me of something you would see in biology/anatomy classroom.

You've done a great job again with all of these.  The lich King is excellent.  Nice use of the chitauri head.  The use of the fig from the lego games set in the goblin idol is a nice touch too.  Alda looks great too, nice use of that hair piece.  

Edited by zoth33

Love those 2, especially the lab skeleton. Very spooky..... almost for a spooky calendar.....