evancelt

[COR-FB] Naval Intelligence Office, Brickford Landing

Lieutenant Keeling, recently arrived from the Naval Intelligence Office in Port Woodhouse, was overheating.

Brickford Landing was hot and the breeze that he'd enjoyed earlier in the day had died down.

He removed his tricorn hat as Captain Keats brought him a letter to encrypt with the current ciphers. While sworn to secrecy, he was still personally interested to see what new intelligence had been gleaned from the captured Lotii scout.

brickford-landing-intel-1.jpg

brickford-landing-intel-2.jpg

---------------------

OOC: Just an excuse to try out some pretty flower combos and SNOT-ed shutters. I figured this naval intel office would be a fun chance to explore a small outpost for the intelligence branch.

Licensed as a medium educational property in Brickford Landing

Another picture:

Spoiler

brickford-landing-intel-3.jpg

Edited by evancelt

7 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

The scene looks great! I love all the different colors and how well they work together, the buildings look really good as well.

Thanks! Yeah I'm becoming a fan of putting nougat in the base alongside of medium nougat. Those colors add a warmth that tan/dark tan lack.

5 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Nice scene, the foliage and tress work well. The flag pole is a good design too!

Thanks! I wanted to try @Ayrlego's trick of putting trees behind buildings. It really helped to make it feel like the buildings were situated at the edge of a jungle or something.

The flagpole was fun - I always miss that LEGO flagpoles don't have string :pir-grin:. I thought about doing a brick built flag, but will save that for a future build.

Well-built scene. I like the houses with the closed shutters. So, the heat stays outside.

Excellent build evancelt! I really love the window design, and the greebling and roofs make an excellent scene. Great use of Ayrlego's tree design as well, and the scene is just excellent. I think you should put this up for the "Purser's Network" (task 4) of GOC. 

23 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Another awesome build Evan! I really like how you are developing the rustic military focused style!. :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah it's fun to do some more rustic not-so-fancy builds too. I like those brown tricorn troops :pir-huzzah2:

22 hours ago, NOD said:

Well-built scene. I like the houses with the closed shutters. So, the heat stays outside.

Thanks! Haha yes as long as you shut the shutters in time there can be some relief in the shade

21 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Beautiful scene! I really like the snotted shutters.:pir-huzzah2:

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Excellent build evancelt! I really love the window design, and the greebling and roofs make an excellent scene. Great use of Ayrlego's tree design as well, and the scene is just excellent. I think you should put this up for the "Purser's Network" (task 4) of GOC. 

Thanks @Mesabi! Great idea for GoC. Submitted it there

Edited by evancelt