Versteinert

[MOC] The Daily Press - Alternate build for 10278 Police Station

51711922675_d788c1e3b0_b.jpgFB_IMG_1638124471031 by Versteinert, auf Flickr

This is my newest moc, "The Daily Press - Modular Newspaper Print Shop"

It's an alternate build for the LEGO 10278 Police Station.

I used 2735 of the 2903 parts of the original Set, no extra parts.
The ground floor of the main building contains a press room with an old newspaper printing press, in the first floor there is the editorial office and on the second floor lives the owner in a small apartment with roof terrace, which is build onto the roof of the neighbouring building.
In this smaller building there is a flower shop on both floors (with room for growing and caring the plants upstairs).

As usual, I made building instructions for this b model, which can be found here https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-93582

51703850932_75367a3646_c.jpg10278 Police Station - alternate build by Versteinert, auf Flickr

51704924458_c55df9c329_c.jpg10278 Police Station - alternate build by Versteinert, auf Flickr

51704646971_2a213298d1_c.jpg10278 Police Station - alternate build by Versteinert, auf Flickr

51703851807_f920a6242c_c.jpg10278 Police Station - alternate build by Versteinert, auf Flickr

51704646726_b048c34d67_c.jpg10278 Police Station - alternate build by Versteinert, auf Flickr

51704646526_c194be2523_c.jpg10278 Police Station - alternate build by Versteinert, auf Flickr

Incredibly well done, being able to create such a great  model out of the one set is genius, especially one of this quality. You couldn't tell it was from the same set if not for the figures.

this one is far much more better than the original modular Police Station! Absolutely stunning and making sense at all

First the pub, and now this. You're 'forcing' me to buy yet another modular. :wink:

I was tempted to make the police station into a news building. This is even better.

It's superb. Well done, and thanks for sharing.

Much better use of sand green than the useless weird side of the actual set.
I also didn't know there was that much blue. Looks really nice. 

I'm really kicking myself for not buying a Corner Garage on ebay last week for $135 missing some of the roof and the baseplate. I find it a really odd set but if you can do this with the Police Station anything is possible.

WOW, very cool what you did with this set.

I bought the instructions immediately, because I already have my own Police Station. Now your MOC offers me a great alternative in the use of the original set. Same thing with the corner garage.

Thank you for sharing! 

Thank you all :)

@scottwb2010 Actually, to build it I roughly studied the technology of printing presses. Just to make sure that no expert, who possibly would take a look at the moc, has to start to cry ;)

Thats absolutely amazing that you did this with only pieces from the original set. The patience and detail here is of the same quality as non-part-restricted MOCs. Unquestionably impressive!

Thanks a lot. Although I think that without the limitation of the parts a lot more would have been possible.

But the limited parts also have benefits. It leads to some creative ideas that perhaps would not have come into mind with unlimited possibilities ;)

Since I recognised that I wasn't able to display this corner building in the shelf properly, I modified it to a non corner version - of course again only with parts from the set 10278.

This new version is built a bit less tricky than the original building, but nevertheless I think I like it a bit better than the other one. Don't know exactly why – perhaps because I don't have to choose between the two facades but have them next to each other.

Of course there are also building instructions available https://reb.li/m/97319

51803371071_c4864b3fb4_c.jpg10278 Police Station - alternate build by Versteinert, auf Flickr