skcheung

Swimming Complex

Based on a real swimming complex (but without gymnastic facilities).

51707851863_e213ed2a57_b.jpgIMG_2944-cutout by skcheung730, 於 Flickr

51707844618_cf90da97f4_b.jpgcutout3 by skcheung730, 於 Flickr

51707849843_86ce2c248b_b.jpgIMG_2963 by skcheung730, 於 Flickr

51708246494_25ee805b5d_b.jpgIMG_2966 by skcheung730, 於 Flickr

51708246899_b527dee225_b.jpgIMG_2965 by skcheung730, 於 Flickr

51706817607_69724b54af_b.jpgIMG_2977 by skcheung730, 於 Flickr

51708282229_4f2aba6d09_b.jpgIMG_2971 by skcheung730, 於 Flickr

51708281859_e4db5a1ddb_b.jpgIMG_2972 by skcheung730, 於 Flickr

51706818267_2c01cf078f_b.jpgIMG_2975 by skcheung730, 於 Flickr

Love Town/City builds like this. We're hyper-modular-centric here so its always awesome to see big builds outside that convention. The pool and half-submerged minifigures are especially excellent as well as the modern exterior facade. Great work protein shake brah.

Yeah, the modern facade looks so realisitc, it could be a architecture model. I was in a swimming club when i was younger and visited many pools. And this moc really looks like a modern public pool & building :thumbup: The kids pool, the gym, Minifigs doing backstroke and butterfly (it looks like :head_back: )...Great MOC! Are there locker/changing rooms?

I just feel like the golden parts of the base do not match the modern style of the facade.

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yeah, the modern facade looks so realisitc, it could be a architecture model. I was in a swimming club when i was younger and visited many pools. And this moc really looks like a modern public pool & building :thumbup: The kids pool, the gym, Minifigs doing backstroke and butterfly (it looks like :head_back: )...Great MOC! Are there locker/changing rooms?

I just feel like the golden parts of the base do not match the modern style of the facade.

Yes, you are right. I build the base too arbitrarily, just picking whatever I have.

I only saw this because it was frontpaged - and rightly so! As a Technic person, I'm totally not into these kinds of builds, but I just love this one. Especially the main swimming area. You don't see Lego swimming pools too often, and it's a shame, because I imagine it's fun to build with the water and such. I like the bubble effects around the swimmers in the lanes. I also really like the color usage, it looks exactly how a real pool would look, including the aqua-colored wave on the clock wall ;) I also like how the colors, windowing and shapes on the outside makes an essentially rectangular building interesting to look at.

I actually like the base too, it feels like some sort of cutout of the foundation. Also, is the roof meant to be solar panels, or are those just angled windows?

WOW, nice building!

Something different. I Like your taste in colours and the modern touch of the building.

Thank you for sharing.

On 11/29/2021 at 4:58 AM, Erik Leppen said:

I only saw this because it was frontpaged - and rightly so! As a Technic person, I'm totally not into these kinds of builds, but I just love this one. Especially the main swimming area. You don't see Lego swimming pools too often, and it's a shame, because I imagine it's fun to build with the water and such. I like the bubble effects around the swimmers in the lanes. I also really like the color usage, it looks exactly how a real pool would look, including the aqua-colored wave on the clock wall ;) I also like how the colors, windowing and shapes on the outside makes an essentially rectangular building interesting to look at.

I actually like the base too, it feels like some sort of cutout of the foundation. Also, is the roof meant to be solar panels, or are those just angled windows?

They are solar panels. LOL
I will also regard myself as a Technic person.... occasionally. LOL

This is an excellent build. Plenty of details all around, from the swimmers in various poses to the plethora of exercise equipment.

I’m impressed with how you did the swimmers who are half out of the water. How deep is the pool?

On 12/2/2021 at 12:30 AM, CCSG said:

I’m impressed with how you did the swimmers who are half out of the water. How deep is the pool?

Just 5-plate deep, so I won't drown the minifigs LOL