800x546.png

Pontelli.

An evening of tulip trade.

Things are going well.

(btw. the reading voice in your head for this should be the guy doing "extra credits" on Youtube...)

800x420.jpg

Lady de Summer (on the left of the table): I want to sell 20 tulips.

Sir Krantenhagen (on the very right): Yes, Mylady. There's plants and bulbs but I don't see none of them.

Lady de Summer: Well, I am just a Lady, sitting across from you, wanting to sell some tulips. And certainly I have 20 tulips. Just not here and not with me.

Sir Krantenhagen: So how do you want to sell them?

There was a pause. Everyone glanced at the others.

640x410.jpg

Lady de Summer: Certificate.

Sir Krantenhagen:  Sir Tifficate? Who's that?

Lady de Summer: Cer-Ti-Fi-Cate.  One word.
        I will sign a certificate. Like this one:  (pulling up a pre-prepared document)

400x572.jpg

Sir Krantenhagen: (thinking)

Slim Shady: I think that will do. And it will free us from moving those tulips all around.

Lady Beetle:  And we can also sell tulips outside of the season.

Sir Krantenhagen: You mean, just sell their certificates?

640x480.jpg

There was a silent moment at the table.

And then they all thought, that it was a good idea.

(They did not know...)

Sir Krantenhagen: ... and the price for a certificate will be?

Lady de Summer: ... just like the added prices for all the bulbs and plants...

400x645.jpg

The story so far:

Something for a Lady

Buying Some Flowers

Captain Cookies next move

Gray's Universal Store

What is he doing here?

The Tulip Traders

Tulips in the Garden

The first LTP

Those Terrible Tulips

The first LTP - continued

The Holdup

Neighbourhood Watch and a New Idea

Tulips ... and sistershipping

A Good Idea?  (You are here)

A modern coin system - and someone buys a house

The Final Tulip Duel   (official end of the story line)

Tulips of Pontelli - 1st Epilogue

New Projects

2nd Tulip Epilogue

3rd Tulip Epilogue - Back at HQ

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

A certificate? :cannon: Do I understand it right? I order a bottle of rum in the tavern. I pay with doubloons but I don't get a bottle of rum, I get just a piece of paper. :pir_tong2: I'm still thirsty and want to drink a bottle of rum! Nobody is so stupid to buy it! :pir-upset: I hope this is not the future.

1 hour ago, NOD said:

A certificate? :cannon: Do I understand it right? I order a bottle of rum in the tavern. I pay with doubloons but I don't get a bottle of rum, I get just a piece of paper. :pir_tong2: I'm still thirsty and want to drink a bottle of rum! Nobody is so stupid to buy it! :pir-upset: I hope this is not the future.

What, you're not a fan of Rum Futures? :pir-huzzah1:But I can understand that. Rum is but a drink, whereas tulips -- dare I say beauty incarnate -- are forever (or at least the speculators hope so!).

7 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Lady de Summer: Certificate.

Sir Krantenhagen:  Sir Tifficate? Who's that?

:pir_tong2:

7 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Sir Krantenhagen: You mean, just sell their certificates?

There was a silent moment at the table.

And then they all thought, that it was a good idea.

Yes, what could go wrong? :pir-grin:

---

Another wonderful installment! I am totally enjoying this storyline. More! :pir-thumb:

And thank you for including a link to my modest tulip entry in the list of links.

5 hours ago, NOD said:

A certificate? :cannon: Do I understand it right? I order a bottle of rum in the tavern. I pay with doubloons but I don't get a bottle of rum, I get just a piece of paper. :pir_tong2:

Or maybe instead of paying with doubloons you could just pay with tulip certificates? :pir-grin: :pir_tong2:

Yes, what an excellent idea! :pir-laugh:  And my are those tulips really starting to get expensive too!  Captain Whiffo is very happy to have got his back at the start of all this now! :rofl:

Lady Beetle is brilliant.  I hope she has a comfortable tax-free island to retire to when the tulip market crashes. :pir-grin: 

21 hours ago, NOD said:

Maybe you did not understand that right. Rum is still sold as rum.:pir-huzzah2: But now you can speculate and invest into tulip certificates. You might want to investigate more about the causes of the 2008 financial crisis (although this storyline is based upon another crisis) :pir-grin:

19 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Yes, what could go wrong? :pir-grin:

---

Another wonderful installment! I am totally enjoying this storyline. More! :pir-thumb:

And thank you for including a link to my modest tulip entry in the list of links.

Thanks - yes, what could possibly go wrong? Every investment pays off the next week! :pir-huzzah1:

19 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Simple enough, what could go wrong?

Exactly. That's the spirit!

16 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Or maybe instead of paying with doubloons you could just pay with tulip certificates? :pir-grin: :pir_tong2:

Yes, what an excellent idea! :pir-laugh:  And my are those tulips really starting to get expensive too!  Captain Whiffo is very happy to have got his back at the start of all this now! :rofl:

You could get quite a lot to drink for a single tulip certificate... :pir_laugh2:

15 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Lady Beetle is brilliant.  I hope she has a comfortable tax-free island to retire to when the tulip market crashes. :pir-grin: 

Why should this booming market ever crash? :pir-oh: