Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Main Street Mafia 2 - Day Four

9D1A0Yx.png

Main Street Mafia 2: Day Four - Down on Main Street

It's late at night, and Cheryl (Hinckley) is walking...wait, where are the pictures?

Oh, sorry. The host is away from his set for the holiday.

Oh. Anyway, Cheryl is killed.

QZANMzo.jpg

"Bad news." Gordon starts. "Cheryl was murdered last night. And she was a member of the Town!"

There's a collective gasp of disappointment.

"Even worse, we're apparently reusuing pictures from previous days." 

---

NPC(s): 
IusppSw.jpg
Gordon - Chair of the Chamber of Commerce

Players (5): 
mCLJciJ.jpg
Geoff - Owner of the Cafe Corner (KotZ)
5rUB7GD.jpg
Susan - Owner of the Green Grocer (Jack Sassy)
9rJ4FPo.jpg
Ron - Owner of Chez Albert (Zepher)
vpykYBB.jpg
Joyce - Owner of The Highlander Pub (Jimmynick)
gJY5fW6.jpg
Ash - Landlord (Tariq j)

Gone, but not forgotten:
bnL7ZZV.jpg
Fred (Rumble Strike) Town
AfqQfVv.jpg
Al - (Kaanere) Town
snWjjXv.jpg
Cheryl - (Hinckley) Town

Rules:
1) You are either Town or Mafia. The town need to eliminate the mafia and the mafia need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the mafia will win. There are no third parties.
2) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
3) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after 24 hours. Even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. 
     3a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads.
4) Each day you can vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. It should be done in this fashion: 
                     Vote: Character (Player)
                     Unvote: Character (Player)

Ensure your vote is in bold so I don't miss it please!
5) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. 
6) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. 
8) Don't edit your posts, please!
9) Please try to post every day!

10) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures.
11) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

“Well this is no good. Cheryl was one of the most vocal of us, and additionally the town must vote in lock-step, if there are indeed two members of the mafia. I am still comfortable with voting for Joyce or Geoff. We must be unified, and we must be sure it’s not someone the scum is voting for. Very very difficult.”

Out of all the people, Cheryl was one of the most active on here and always passionate about her job. We had a little feud because of a misunderstood comment of mine. In the end I didn't know who she truly was but now, after her death, finding out that she was town truly breaks my heart. Farewell, Cheryl, you may rest in piece with your cat hair now... 

3 minutes ago, Zepher said:

We must be unified, and we must be sure it’s not someone the scum is voting for. Very very difficult.

Indeed it will be, and I'm not 100% sure who you really are, but I'm going to start it off by keeping my suspicion on Joyce, as always. Wonder what she has been doing of late...

Cheryl's an interesting one. She was adamant about lynching me. Scum obviously know I'm town so why would she have been their target?

Ron missed the deadline to hammer me on Day Three, which suggests to me he's not scum as he would have tried perhaps a bit harder to hammer me knowing he could eliminate a townie. This is a hint, not proof.

Again Susan is weird AF. And not sure what to think of Ash and Geoff.

Voting is now open! With 5 players remaining, it will take 3 votes to lynch. 

Right we need to seriously do something here.

Geoff would’ve honestly been my next vote after Cheryl. Very non-committal and not said anything useful  that I can recall. He voted for Joyce yesterday stating that we “need a lynch” and also commented on how quiet it was but didn’t think of adding anything to counter said quietness. 

I dunno, his posts just seem very textbook. “We need a lynch/we don’t need a lynch”. There doesn’t seem to be much analysis anywhere. 

I don’t know about Susan either. She shows up everyday and almost says the same thing. But she’s said something today even if it’s just a suspicion. 

vote: Geoff (KotZ)

Honestly I’m super divided. I wanted to vote for Geoff earlier because he wasn’t being helpful, but we’ve GOT to be right today. Scum has been absolutely just sliding through this game, so they’ve never needed to be vocal. I feel like Ash leading a vote today pings me, especially a vote against someone who is gonna be easy to lynch. But I truly don’t know what else to do. Vote: Geoff (KotZ)

Sorry, I was sleeping off dinner. It's got to be Joyce. There's no other way around it. I know we need a lynch today, but I'm not scum.

17 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Again Susan is weird AF.

Not weird, just observing the facts.

13 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I don’t know about Susan either. She shows up everyday and almost says the same thing. But she’s said something today even if it’s just a suspicion. 

I wish I could contribute more to the conversations but on the other days Cheryl and Ron said all that was there to say. I'm honestly confused and have little to go on. Geoff seems like a mixed bag to me and Joyce is, well, suspicious to me. You yourself have been in the spotlight before so now I need to collect my thoughts before voting.

20 minutes ago, KotZ said:

It's got to be Joyce. There's no other way around it.

Why?

16 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Joyce is, well, suspicious to me

What? Because your content-free posts make me go pingaling? If you've nothing constructive to say, keep your mouth shut. You don't need to waffle on about cat hair and the like.

On 11/25/2021 at 4:15 PM, Jack Sassy said:

I'm going to start it off by keeping my suspicion on Joyce

You're determined to lead a lynch on me. Why? It's not my fault I didn't get lynched yesterday, now is it?

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

But I truly don’t know what else to do.

You tried to vote for me yesterday but missed the deadline. What's new today that makes you want to vote for Geoff?

I'm not ready to place a vote yet.

2 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

You're determined to lead a lynch on me. Why? It's not my fault I didn't get lynched yesterday, now is it?

I didn't say I'm ready to lead a lynch on you. I'm just keeping my suspicion towards you while I can decide who to vote on.

4 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Because your content-free posts make me go pingaling?

The way you've acted so far hasn't improved my views on you.

5 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

If you've nothing constructive to say, keep your mouth shut.

Funnily enough, that's my point exactly. I have ''content-free posts'' (as you labeled them) because there's not much to say after everyone has made most logical points, yet it still is noted that I rarely talk.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

I'm just keeping my suspicion towards you while I can decide who to vote on.

It's all an act, isn't it? You managed to persuade Cheryl to vote for me and you reckon you can get others to vote for me again today.

3 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

It's all an act, isn't it?

Exactly what could be an act? Me trying to not make judgements too fast (you've confronted me about making rash judgements in the past)? Or me keeping suspicion towards you?

5 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

You managed to persuade Cheryl to vote for me and you reckon you can get others to vote for me again today.

I don't ever recall persuading someone to vote on you (especially Cheryl) and am not doing that now. I think that you're being way more suspicious than before, perhaps it's a trick of yours to speed things up?

I think it’d be best for everyone to place their votes now so that we can see where we stand and adjust if we need to.

2 hours ago, jimmynick said:

You tried to vote for me yesterday but missed the deadline. What's new today that makes you want to vote for Geoff?

I'm not ready to place a vote yet.

Geoff already had a vote. We need a lynch. The two of you are my top suspects, so voting for either of you is fine. Though I also think Ash could be flying under the radar… in fact I’m less confident about Geoff the more I sit on it. The reality is he is very quiet, that could be scum or town.

If we want a lynch so badly...

Vote: Geoff (Kotz)

No, I'm kidding.

Unvote: Geoff (KotZ)

I honestly think Joyce is the scum. Joyce is kind of poking and has been going head to head with Susan constantly. Arguing back and forth without too much there.

Vote: Joyce (jimmynick)

Vote Count:
Geoff (KotZ) - 2 (Tariq j, Zepher)
Joyce (jimmynick) - 1 (KotZ) 

About 26 or so hours remain in this day. With five players, a majority of 3 is required.

6 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Exactly what could be an act?

"Keeping your suspicion toward me" instead of actually suspecting me. The only even remotely scummy thing I've done is not to be lynched yesterday and, not being scum, I had no control over that.

Vote: Susan (Jack Sassy)

"Keeping your suspicion toward me" instead of actually suspecting me. The only even remotely scummy thing I've done is not to be lynched yesterday and, not being scum, I had no control over that.

Vote: Susan (Jack Sassy)

There are no votes for Susan and no one else has indicated that they'd be willing to vote for her. Why place this vote?

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

There are no votes for Susan and no one else has indicated that they'd be willing to vote for her. Why place this vote?

That just screams scum.

16 hours ago, Zepher said:

I feel like Ash leading a vote today pings me, especially a vote against someone who is gonna be easy to lynch. But I truly don’t know what else to do.

So it’s now suspicious to vote for someone who has been acting scummy?

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

That just screams scum.

Indeed. What are you so adamant that Joyce doesn’t vote for Susan? 

Just because I don’t vote for Geoff to opportunistically hammer him... :hmpf: damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

10 hours ago, jimmynick said:

"Keeping your suspicion toward me" instead of actually suspecting me.

You're my main suspect in this mess that has ensued on Main Street. Your actions have raised quite the attention and if I were to vote on Geoff now, we would have our lynch, though is it the right thing? For now I have to go with you, Joyce, as it seems to me as the right thing to do.

Vote: Joyce (jimmynick)

(It would be nice to have a lynch for once but I'm not too sure about Geoff, then again, I'm not too sure about anyone else besides Joyce.)

:hmpf:

Unvote: Susan (Jack Sassy)

Vote: Geoff (KotZ)

Scummy Susan won’t hammer Geoff so late in the game. Makes me think Geoff is scum.

7 hours ago, Tariq j said:

So it’s now suspicious to vote for someone who has been acting scummy?

Indeed. What are you so adamant that Joyce doesn’t vote for Susan? 

I’m not adamant she doesn’t vote for Susan. I just wanted to know on a day when we need a Lynch why she’s start a vote for a new person so late in the day. If it were done earlier in the day, frankly, it’d be much easier to accept.

I’m very paranoid at this point… any vote that goes through feels like the wrong one to me, since I’m assuming we’re 3 town to 2 scum, and the chance of the town muddling through and getting it right seems so low. At least people are being vocal now, finally, at the end. Gives us something to examine. For now our choices are between Geoff and Joyce. I feel like the case against Joyce is almost better, with the constant voting for Susan, the splitting the vote and then being the hammer, but again that might just be because we don’t have a lot to go on with Geoff. We’ve still got a bit of time to change our mind if we want. What are people’s thoughts? Does anyone feel we’re making a grave error?

Scummy Susan won’t hammer Geoff so late in the game.

I don't much to go on with him and am more confident about you.

48 minutes ago, Zepher said:

Does anyone feel we’re making a grave error?

I've read through some points as to why vote him and they are fair indeed, though my feeling about Joyce is strong enough to not vote Geoff because afterwards I would have to blame myself for getting him killed.

Sign in to follow this