Sérgio

[MOC] Passenger Coaches - CP Arco - 1:45 Scale

Here in Portugal I've always felt alone when it comes to model trains, I've never had other people who could discuss ideas and improve my constructions, there are people who have tried to make replicas of Portuguese trains, but actually here it's everyone for themselves and I feel I have nothing new to learn with them.

I aspire to know more and I've been following the work of Dutch colleagues for a long time, I decided to send a message to a distinguished builder, who has works that I love, @raised I told him I was interested in taking the leap to 8wide and if I could make some constructions inspired by his ideas.

The answer was positive, and he present me to another two great builders, Erwin and Nicolas, since then after some study I have done my first 8 wide project,

Replica of newly recovered Arco carriages.

Biggest challenge was making the sides of the carriage. on the boggies I got some help from Raised.

The first pieces are already on their way to make this real.

51609248104_1bb64d6646_b.jpgLego - CP Arco by Sérgio Batista, no Flickr

51532193126_e067a369a2_b.jpgCP 2627 by Nelso Silva, no Flickr

Edited by Sérgio

Phenomenal coaches Sérgio! So many great techniques used for the roof (my fav), the doors, the colour shaping and even the bogies. 

I hope these coaches will be on flywheels because the locomotive is going to struggle! 

Looking forward to seeing this photo below in LEGO! :wink:

CP 2627

!

Hi Sergio,

Next level in the development and construction of Lego passenger cars. Absolutely great job, I'll probably have to take a closer look.

Am really excited, since my cars look like toys^^

Thomas

6 hours ago, LEGOTrainBuilderSG said:

Phenomenal coaches Sérgio! So many great techniques used for the roof (my fav), the doors, the colour shaping and even the bogies. 

I hope these coaches will be on flywheels because the locomotive is going to struggle! 

Looking forward to seeing this photo below in LEGO! :wink:

CP 2627

!

Thank you! The roof technic inspired by some Erwin Jacob's designs.

I would love to make this complete train too 😎

2 hours ago, Ts__ said:

Hi Sergio,

Next level in the development and construction of Lego passenger cars. Absolutely great job, I'll probably have to take a closer look.

Am really excited, since my cars look like toys^^

Thomas

Thank you!

I don't think your cars look like toys, they are inspired/replica of old coaches they were shorter than the most recent rolling stuff. I think your trains are amazing and inspiring me too.

It's amazing how you managed to represent the original livery without the use of adhesives but only with the construction technique and ingenuity!

Great coaches! :wub:

12 hours ago, Ts__ said:

My cars look like toys^^

I don't think so, I think both of you are skilled builders! :thumbup:

Looks great :)

I do se some clipping, that could cause trouble? Where a 61409 meets a 2x16 or a 4x16 plate. Just left of the doors.

That's an incredibly clever design!
:wub:

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

I do se some clipping, that could cause trouble? Where a 61409 meets a 2x16 or a 4x16 plate. Just left of the doors.

Yes, there seems to be an undetected collision. But this should be fixed easily.

What bothers me more: The blue window frames for the doors are quite rare and incredibly expensive when new. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can gather a sufficient number at a resonable price!

Edited by Tenderlok

4 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

What bothers me more: The blue window frames for the doors are quite rare and incredibly expensive when new. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can gather a sufficient number at a resonable price!

That one looks easy to work around if necessary. There are two styles of train windows, the older being $20 ea for new parts, newer only like $3 ea. Both expensive, but in this case one could easily use used + extremely high grit polishing sandpaper to renew the parts. Or worst comes to worst, a stack of 1x2's: tile+brick+plate turned sideways. Or to hide the studs and the nail groove, could use 2x2 tile with 2 studs.

8 hours ago, Shiva said:

Looks great :)

I notice that, I will solve that in real life bricks :)

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

That one looks easy to work around if necessary. There are two styles of train windows, the older being $20 ea for new parts, newer only like $3 ea. Both expensive, but in this case one could easily use used + extremely high grit polishing sandpaper to renew the parts. Or worst comes to worst, a stack of 1x2's: tile+brick+plate turned sideways. Or to hide the studs and the nail groove, could use 2x2 tile with 2 studs.

I already have the windows (I have some really old sets) ;)

On 12/24/2021 at 1:26 AM, LegoDW said:

Nice moc, can't wait to see it when its built.  :thumbup:

Thank You!