Kage Goomba

LED Kits *Custom* for Original "First" UCS Star Wars Sets - #7181 TIE Interceptor / #7191 X-Wing

When I was a kid I saw these two sets and screamed to get my hands on them - Tried my damnedest to take good care of these two - still have boxes - manuals.

The very first two UCS Sets Lego produced for Star Wars (as far as I know) that lead to the fantastic sets we have today.

Many years later....discovered the wonder of LED Kits for Legos - got an UCS A-Wing - loved it. Got a Star Destroyer - Screamed murder wiring it up - loved the results.

Republic Gunship.....and on and on and on.

A new drug addiction.

Realized my X-Wing and TIE Interceptor where in the dark - no kits out there - saw Light My Bricks sells components.

And this was the result.

xwing_1.jpgxwing_2.jpg

tie_int_1.jpg

tie_int_2.jpg

Id post videos but these boards may not like that much - and I'd rather avoid youtube for now.

They each have a "Multi Effects Board" that lets the laser cannons do "blinky blinky" - the TIE Interceptor is wired to flash the top cannons then the bottom cannons in synch and the XWing is an "X" Pattern - just like the movies and classic Games of old - TIE Fighter and XWing.

I've not really seen LED Kits take such things into account.

Budget was wasn't unreasonable and only need a few key Lego parts aside from the components.

I sent instructions detailing these to Light my Bricks as thanks/grins/giggles - but these sets are very old and likely won't see much light - albeit still classics all over.

Tempted to sell these instructions or offer them up to others who would like to breath life into their 20 some odd year old sets. ^_^

Kind of new to this sort of thing.

PS: Picture of TIE Interceptor Front is different as I used the wrong "transparent rods" for the laser cannons - too yellow - went and swapped with transparent dark green.