Sign in to follow this  
the Inventor

[MOC] Space Police Vic Viper - the Zephyr

My first ever Vic Viper, in my Space Police 1 colors, dark blue, dark red, black and trans-red (see my album Space Police).

Build for NoVVember 2021, in little more than 1 hour, taking pictures almost took longer, which was difficult because of the dark color scheme and reflective surface of the build, especially the cockpit.51686896436_60d883fe97_b.jpgNoVVember 2021 - NCSP - Zephyr

Let me know what you think.

Edited by the Inventor

This is sweet! As fun as "neo-Classic" interpretations of older factions can be, it's always fun to see MOCs that embrace the inherent "blockiness" of the original era of sets. Despite using some newer parts for details (and to help enable such a unconventional 45 degree ship design in the first place), this feels like it'd fit right in with other Space Police 1 sets.

The photo is great too—the stark lighting and simple dark gradient backdrop also help to sell that retro look!

@DelQuinn Thanks, I always loved trans-red canopies, especially for SP1.

@Lyichir Thanks, I agree that you see this less often, but I had too, when I wanted to use those pieces to make the cockpit, which was the start of this build.

And about the lighting, i's all practical effects, three lights, a black matte-screen TV as backdrop and a wooden table that gives the brown gradient effect, reflected in the TV (to think this wasn't planned but came out when I took the pictures, I'm really happy with the effect).