evancelt

[COR-FB] Increased Patrols, Wullham

Shepard Willoughsby watches as a company of 26th foot march through his flock.

With the Lotii on the rampage in the New Haven Sea, Willoughsby takes comfort in the fact that patrols from Fort Stockton seem to have increased in frequency.

sheep-hill.jpg

------------

OOC: Wanted to try out using ziplines on a tree. To be licensed as a medium plantation in Wullham

This build is a clever one from the land base to the top of the tree.

Very well done ! The color are well chosen too, this autumn touch on the tree give some depth to the picture.

I guess this is a medium plantation of "sheep herding"

I notice another @Ayrlego  contamination with those sheeps... Damn ! this man is the devil !!!

Nice diorama with sheep and soldiers. A well-built landscape, and the tree is also well done.

Nice build and interesting development of the Lotii crisis storyline!

The tree is obviously the true masterpiece, I love it!

Just as a side note, for the future, remember that for plantations plot sizes are different: small is 32x32, while medium theoretically requires 64x64

Edited by Keymonus

Another great build, and good usage of tiling to create a realistic landscape. The tree looks really good as well. 

I will say though, the town of wullham has a lot of sheep, and military patrols! 

Thanks all! This one started as trying to make a "hills of purple heather" build, but those 75 deg green slopes are crazy silly steep and the dimensions didn't look good. So added the tree! I may try the purple heather again for Spudkirk. Perhaps having a single hill strata of the 75 deg slopes (I have 16) would work to add some height all the way across a 32x base

18 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Just as a side note, for the future, remember that for plantations plot sizes are different: small is 32x32, while medium theoretically requires 64x64

I'll keep this in mind! Thanks

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

I will say though, the town of wullham has a lot of sheep, and military patrols! 

Haha indeed! I'm hoping to exploit the Panarium island sheep bonus as much as possible and also establish that there are military patrols all over the island. My hope is that if land combat happens on the island at some point in the future I've established I have troops crawling everywhere :pir-grin:

Edited by evancelt

I like your take on the irregular base concept, with those long slopes going down.  Really nice landscape and also a very realistic looking tree, I've not seen that combination of spindly branches and a thick trunk done in LEGO before but it definitely happens IRL pretty frequently so it looks great.

Sheep!!! :pir-grin:  As the othes have mentioned, the irregular base and the use of slopes in the build is great, and that tree works really very nicely as well! :pir-sweet:

On 11/21/2021 at 9:57 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I notice another @Ayrlego  contamination with those sheeps... Damn ! this man is the devil !!!

Hey!!! those are geninue Lego sheep!! You can't blame me for this one!!! :pir_tong2:

Great build as usual Evan!

I'm late to the party, but will echo others that the irregular base is wonderful! I also love that tree. Great build! :thumbup:

On 12/22/2021 at 3:56 PM, Ayrlego said:

Hey!!! those are geninue Lego sheep!! You can't blame me for this one!!! :pir_tong2:

Yes the sheep are from the 2021 Mickey Farm set!

On 12/22/2021 at 3:56 PM, Ayrlego said:

Great build as usual Evan!

Thanks!

On 12/23/2021 at 8:30 AM, Capt Wolf said:

I'm late to the party, but will echo others that the irregular base is wonderful! I also love that tree. Great build! :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah, still working on ways to make realistic ugly trees :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, evancelt said:

still working on ways to make realistic ugly trees 

Keep it up. I'm enjoying them. eventually I'll steal er, borrow some ideas and do my own.

On 12/24/2021 at 4:14 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Keep it up. I'm enjoying them. eventually I'll steal er, borrow some ideas and do my own.

Haha thanks! Yes please steal! 

My latest tree experiment was here (adding brown elements to look more like sticks, tilted leaves, etc)