gilderoy_blockhart

[MOC] HP Second Triwizard Task - The Black Lake and Merpeople

Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
An hour long you'll have to look,
To recover what we took.

Very pleased to bring you my MOC of the Second Task from the Triwizard Tournament. The scene under the Black Lake with the Merpeople is my favourite - how more magical can you get? My goal was to really try to get that 'underwater' feeling and to create the illusions of 'depth' that you see in the movie. I only included a few pictures here, but I have a lot more on my IG account so do take a look. Hope you enjoy !!!!

51172796897_f27a65f6be_c.jpg

2nd Task - 7 by Alex Lam

51174561680_667a1a5243.jpg

Merpeople's Village - Overall View by Alex Lam

51174562445_89d21b2722_c.jpg

2nd Task - 2 by Alex Lam

Edited by gilderoy_blockhart
layout

This is a really magnificent building! I'm in love with it! :wub:

18 hours ago, gilderoy_blockhart said:

My goal was to really try to get that 'underwater' feeling and to create the illusions of 'depth' that you see in the movie.

And in my opinion you managed to! While looking at your images I can hear sound of water. :snicker:

I particularly like how you created the shoal (not sure this is the right word for a group of fish) in the lakebed, the background all around with transparent and gray pieces and the columns holding up the lake.

I hope LEGO will give us a Second Task set the next year. Not as big as yours, obviously, otherwise I would have to sell my collection just for have space in my home :iamded_lol::iamded_lol:

5 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

I hope LEGO will give us a Second Task set the next year. Not as big as yours, obviously, otherwise I would have to sell my collection just for have space in my home :iamded_lol::iamded_lol:

Thanks for your compliments ! I really enjoyed putting this together though it took a lot of experimenting and rebuilding - which is the fun part of course ! Waiting for bricklink orders, not so much !

I agree... it'd be amazing to get a molded grindylow (sp?) as they've already made molded Cornish pixies. Definitely not a UCS version, LOL !

On 11/30/2021 at 11:47 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Stunning MOC. Your use of translucent bricks for the wall is a wonderful idea.

Thank you ! Took a bit of work to find all those trans green and purple bricks in the quantities at not too outrageous a price. I too really like the way it turned out too !