dutchmadebricks

[MOC] Music Hall

Hereby my gigantic facade of the Stadsgehoorzaal (music hall) in Leiden, the Netherlands. I really enjoyed it because there were many details in the facade to recreate. In the future I hope to extend this building by making the concert room with a large orchestra. :-)

1-stadsgehoorzaal-dutchmadebricks.jpg

2-stadsgehoorzaal-dutchmadebricks.jpg

3-stadsgehoorzaal-dutchmadebricks.jpg

4-stadsgehoorzaal-dutchmadebricks.jpg

5-stadsgehoorzaal-dutchmadebricks.jpg

6-stadsgehoorzaal-dutchmadebricks.jpg

7-stadsgehoorzaal-dutchmadebricks.jpg

8-stadsgehoorzaal-dutchmadebricks.jpg

Follow me: Instagram

*huh*  W O W ! !

Beautiful!  I can say with 100% confidence that your MOC looks even better than the real building.  Your detail work expertly conveys that blend of Baroque and Neoclassical architecture styles.  Possibly one of the best examples in LEGO - that I've seen, at least.  I really like that LEGO makes so many elements to make builds like this possible, and designers like yourself to take full advantage of that.

Question: Have you been inside this building before?  Judging by the facade, I'm guessing the hall itself is equally ornate.  I look forward to the rest - thanks for posting this!

Thank you all. Secretly I also find the building in Lego more beautiful than the building in real life :-). It is almost an ideal building to rebuild. I've been inside. That will be quite a project to get it just as beautiful as the facade.

And indeed, the building is built in Neo-Renaissance architecture.

Incredible work. You captured the music hall perfectly. Your attention to detail and parts selection is perfect.

Impressive!

Did you consider using tan/dark tan instead of grey for the stone work? From the picture of the real thing, it looks like that would have been a more accurate colour, but I can imagine availability of parts could be an issue. The model looks good with grey stone work anyway.

Beautiful build! The many details are captured nicely. However I cant help but wonder if the overall balance would benefit from heightening the bottom floor with one stud.