Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Main Street Mafia 2 - Day Three

9D1A0Yx.png

Main Street Mafia 2: Day Three - Night Moves

RZEpJ4y.jpg

It was late at night, and Al (Kanaare) was walking out of his barber shop, presumably off to do something.

vDfmsJO.jpg

He stopped by the street light, presumably smelling the late night air, when a shadowy figure appeared behind him.

tGMBnar.jpg

"Eeek!" Al said. "Don't kill me."

But it fell on deaf ears, and the figure started shooting.

RATATATATATATAT

Ye9iHbC.jpg

With that, Al was dead.

The next morning...

yyPgOey.jpg'

"Terrible news." Gordon started. "Al was a member of the Town."

Most people groaned in sadness, but obviously some didn't.

"Please do better today!"

"Why are we standing in the middle of a busy street?" Ron asked.

---

NPC(s): 
IusppSw.jpg
Gordon - Chair of the Chamber of Commerce

Players (6): 
mCLJciJ.jpg
Geoff - Owner of the Cafe Corner (KotZ)
snWjjXv.jpg
Cheryl - Owner of the Hotel (Hinckley)
5rUB7GD.jpg
Susan - Owner of the Green Grocer (Jack Sassy)
9rJ4FPo.jpg
Ron - Owner of Chez Albert (Zepher)
vpykYBB.jpg
Joyce - Owner of The Highlander Pub (Jimmynick)
gJY5fW6.jpg
Ash - Landlord (Tariq j)

Gone, but not forgotten:
bnL7ZZV.jpg
Fred (Rumble Strike) Town
AfqQfVv.jpg
Al - (Kaanere) Town

Rules:
1) You are either Town or Mafia. The town need to eliminate the mafia and the mafia need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the mafia will win. There are no third parties.
2) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
3) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after 24 hours. Even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. 
     3a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads.
4) Each day you can vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. It should be done in this fashion: 
                     Vote: Character (Player)
                     Unvote: Character (Player)

Ensure your vote is in bold so I don't miss it please!
5) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. 
6) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. 
8) Don't edit your posts, please!
9) Please try to post every day!

10) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures.
11) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

No, please no! Now Al too is gone, he always gave me the best cuts whenever I was in need of one. He was a fine barber and I'm sure others feel that way too. Goodbye, Al, we will avenge you and Fred. :pir-cry_sad:

We really need to do something about this mafia situation.

Strange that doing nothing isn't getting us anywhere.

OK, If we mis-lynch, the Mafia kills one of us tonight and the game ends at parity with them winning. We need to get everyone talking because right now we have nothing to work on. I think we were starting to get somewhere analyzing Joyce's behavior. What is everyone else thinking. We have the least to work on than any other game I've played in recent memory. I'm having trouble even figuring out where to start, seeing as there hasn't been a lot of activity. How can we change that?

On 11/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, KotZ said:

There's the theory day 1 no lynches hurt the town. In a small game like this, I would tend to disagree.

Can you elaborate on why in such a small game a Day One lynch hurts the Town? I understand the theory, I just want to hear it in your words. What about two Days without a lynch? Thoughts on that?

On 11/15/2021 at 11:08 AM, KotZ said:

Ah damn. Sad to see you go, Fred.

This seems dangerous to me.

This seems like you wanted to blatantly accuse Al of fishing but didn't want to get too aggressive. Al clearly wasn't fishing, we now know. How come you never followed up with him on this?

On 11/17/2021 at 2:25 PM, KotZ said:

Susan/Joyce scum team? Although Susan Sarandon does seem new.

Vote: Ash (Tariq J)

Inactivity doesn't mean he's scum, but it's unusual for him. Different playstyle?

If you were thinking Susan and Joyce could be a Scum team, why vote for Ash? And is that different? In my experience, he barely blips the post count.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:04 PM, Tariq j said:

The chance of us not getting a lynch correctly makes me lean towards a no lynch.  

The chance of us not getting a lynch correct is always high. Are we supposed to coast through the game with, "Welp, we don't seem to have any Night Action results. Guess we'll just die slowly. Whatevs."

On 11/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, Tariq j said:

As I have a said before I am in favour of a no lynch so I too will spread the vote out. 

Vote: Geoff (KotZ)

At this point, you could've voted for Fred or Geoff to "spread the vote out." Why did you choose Geoff?

On 11/15/2021 at 4:21 PM, Tariq j said:

It’s a very odd question to ask and does seem like Al is fishing. That said, I don’t think a scum would be silly enough to fish that boldly so early.

Then what would he be fishing for? If you really thought it seemed that way, why would you write it off so quickly? Are you familiar with Al's gameplay?

On 11/17/2021 at 6:20 AM, Tariq j said:

We’ve had situations in the past where we’ve suspected this kind of thing and it’s gone wrong.

But, also there are times where it's gone right. What was your point here?

On 11/17/2021 at 12:08 PM, Tariq j said:

Based off previous adventures I would assume getting an item like that would give you a one off special night action. Like a one off block or protect?

Who's fishing now?

On 11/17/2021 at 6:45 PM, Tariq j said:

Huh, that’s odd. It could just be a joke role then?

I’m going to Vote: Cheryl (Hinckley) she made a point about looking back at the previous day to see if anyone had mentioned the number of scum but did not deliver - an attempt at trying to look helpful? The top hat thing is also bothering me but I can’t pinpoint why. If she knew it did nothing why didn’t she bring that up in her first post about it. 

And yet, I did go back. And I also explained why I no longer thought it a big deal. And what worries you about the top hat? Afraid it might actually be a one-shot investigation?

On 11/12/2021 at 1:58 PM, jimmynick said:

I'm down not to lynch anyone either, so I'll spread the love too:

Vote: Ash (Tariq j)

"So, I'll vote for my Scum buddy."

On 11/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, jimmynick said:

My insight is that you're fishing, as Geoff has pointed out :look:

Another one who likes to point out fishing but give no opinion on it. I'm sure both Joyce and Ash would've jumped right on a bandwagon if anybody else dug into Al's "fishing."

On 11/16/2021 at 12:19 PM, jimmynick said:

And now we're wifoming?

I got this vibe too — it was a very weird move.

huh?

huh?

"I only have opinions others have. That's the easiest place for me to hide, since I know who the Scum are."

On 11/16/2021 at 2:40 PM, jimmynick said:

No you didn't :wacko:

Right. More of this. I actually agree with you, although you once again pointed out a concern and then took it no further. I Susan just a noob or is she shielding her Scumminess with noobiness.

One more whiskey, to go, please.

On 11/17/2021 at 1:29 PM, KotZ said:

Maybe trying to alter the meta? Ash doing that?

Ah gee, me?

Ash doing what? I meant to clarify this yesterday.

32 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

The chance of us not getting a lynch correct is always high. Are we supposed to coast through the game with, "Welp, we don't seem to have any Night Action results. Guess we'll just die slowly. Whatevs."

No but on the first day when we know nothing it seems unwise to just vote off a random player who could be useful.

At this point, you could've voted for Fred or Geoff to "spread the vote out." Why did you choose Geoff?

I was running out of time and needed someone to vote for. I chose Geoff.

Then what would he be fishing for? If you really thought it seemed that way, why would you write it off so quickly? Are you familiar with Al's gameplay?

Anything. Maybe he was waiting for a small slip up. I’m not familiar with his gameplay but I feel we have a bad habit on here of waiting for someone to trip up and then forming a bandwagon them like there’s no tomorrow. Town members do trip up and say stupid things. 

But, also there are times where it's gone right. What was your point here?

In my personal experience it has gone wrong. There probably have been times it’s gone right but I can’t recall any of those times.

34 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Who's fishing now?

How is this fishing? You brought up the top hat in the first place and (based off past experiences on here) I gave my advice as to what it could mean. What did you want me to do? Ignore it and twiddle my thumbs?

36 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

And yet, I did go back. And I also explained why I no longer thought it a big deal. And what worries you about the top hat? Afraid it might actually be a one-shot investigation?

You did go back, my mistake. No. What worries me about the Top Hat is that when I put forward a theory as to what it could mean your response was “nothing it’s just a hat”. It seemed very non committed and unhelpful. Like you made it up to maybe try and distract people or something.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:04 AM, Hinckley said:

My analysis shows that Fred was relatively active and one of the ones talking about the number of potential Scum.

Actually looking back, this is hardly an “analysis”. You’ve picked out one player who talked about it and then didn’t really follow it up.

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

OK, If we mis-lynch, the Mafia kills one of us tonight and the game ends at parity with them winning.

This feels like a Freudian slip. Too assume that there are two scum in a game of this size is certainly not illogical but how can you be so sure of it?

29 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

This feels like a Freudian slip. Too assume that there are two scum in a game of this size is certainly not illogical but how can you be so sure of it?

While there could be just one Scum, there's definitely not three. I'm only sure there aren't three. I highly doubt there would be just one, although it's possible. If there were more, we wouldn't be here today. So there are only two choices: two or one. I strongly believe it's two.

34 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

While there could be just one Scum, there's definitely not three. I'm only sure there aren't three. I highly doubt there would be just one, although it's possible. If there were more, we wouldn't be here today. So there are only two choices: two or one. I strongly believe it's two.

I was going to call Cheryl out for this same slip, but actually came to the same conclusion - there can't be three scum, or else we would have lost. Her logic absolutely holds, and I don't think this indicates anything. So Cheryl has finally come around to what I was saying on Day One (which she found suspicious). There are probably two scum. I will allow that there might be one. That seems unlikely, just for random chance of us lynching them early, but as Cheryl has said it's best to keep our mind open in regards to the number.

I think Cheryl's questions are good too. Joyce and Geoff have been looking suspect to me for some time, in the way that they've been "contributing" by vaguely accusing others, without committing to the actual accusation. I'm still not honestly 100% sold on Cheryl, but as I've said all along I'd rather keep around people who are vocal. Vocal town is super helpful at this point. Even vocal scum is better than quiet scum, because we're more likely to catch them saying something wrong.

We're in a precarious situation here. Either we don't lynch, and buy ourselves another day, or lynch and risk losing. If we do buy ourselves another day, and there are two scum, all three town would absolutely have to vote in sync to salvage our situation, which seems tough. So I'm inclined to believe a lynch today is our best bet. Ash isn't really throwing up hardcore flags for me so far. I'd really like a vote for Joyce or Geoff. I feel out of the two Geoff is giving off worse vibes, but I can't tell if that's just because he's barely paying attention or if he's trying to fade into the background.

Also, did anyone else receive any hats or anything like that? That could help us try to define what happened to Cheryl yesterday.

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

I'm still not honestly 100% sold on Cheryl,

The only people who should be 100% on anyone would be the Scum or an investigator. Nobody should be 100% on anybody, just based on their gut.

I also did not receive a top hat or any other items on Night Two.

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

I was going to call Cheryl out for this same slip, but actually came to the same conclusion - there can't be three scum, or else we would have lost. Her logic absolutely holds, and I don't think this indicates anything. So Cheryl has finally come around to what I was saying on Day One (which she found suspicious). There are probably two scum. I will allow that there might be one. That seems unlikely, just for random chance of us lynching them early, but as Cheryl has said it's best to keep our mind open in regards to the number.I

Looking at it you and Cheryl are indeed correct. The mafia can win at parity so if there was 3 of them they would have won today. 

13 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

No, please no! Now Al too is gone, he always gave me the best cuts whenever I was in need of one. He was a fine barber and I'm sure others feel that way too. Goodbye, Al, we will avenge you and Fred. :pir-cry_sad:

We really need to do something about this mafia situation.

:wacko: OK then — got any opinions? You're again blathering and not even sheeping anyone else's train of thought.

9 hours ago, Tariq j said:

What worries me about the Top Hat is that when I put forward a theory as to what it could mean your response was “nothing it’s just a hat”. It seemed very non committed and unhelpful.

Sometimes a hat is just a hat. You know you can't press too much when someone says they got something... unless Cheryl is trying to play us.

8 hours ago, Zepher said:

I'm still not honestly 100% sold on Cheryl

Cheryl has already commented on this so my contribution will admittedly appear to be blind agreement but this looks like you're trying to buddy up to Cheryl by cooking up some rationale to hide what you really do know.

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"So, I'll vote for my Scum buddy."

Yeah nah.

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

One more whiskey, to go, please.

Right you are.

12 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I Susan just a noob or is she shielding her Scumminess with noobiness.

As I've said multiple times, it was a misunderstood comment of mine, not sure it could be called as a noob move. If we were to suppose I am a noob then it was careless of me to say something like that.

2 hours ago, jimmynick said:

:wacko: OK then — got any opinions? You're again blathering and not even sheeping anyone else's train of thought.

My suspicion is towards you, since my comment for Fred, you've been trying to convince me and everyone else that I indeed meant to point out that Cheryl is scum despite the fact that I had absolutely no intention. I had almost no opinion on her as it was only day two so making an assumption like that out of nowhere would be just stupid. As Cheryl herself said, I might be a noob, though I would like to hope I'm not.

12 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Can you elaborate on why in such a small game a Day One lynch hurts the Town? I understand the theory, I just want to hear it in your words. What about two Days without a lynch? Thoughts on that?

This seems like you wanted to blatantly accuse Al of fishing but didn't want to get too aggressive. Al clearly wasn't fishing, we now know. How come you never followed up with him on this?

If you were thinking Susan and Joyce could be a Scum team, why vote for Ash? And is that different? In my experience, he barely blips the post count.

Because an early mislynch screws us over hard. Two Days is much worse. Three days and we're done for, especially with two town members having been killed.

I didn't think there was much more to follow up on.

I don't think Susan is scum truly. It's a possibility of course but I don't think she's scum. Ash I figured could be. Playstyle he can barely blip post count, but this is a very quiet game on his end.

Voting is now open! With 6 players left, 4 votes are required to lynch.

Oui, very quiet. Would you like to use the quietness to cast a vote, or just comment on how quiet it is? For now I will Vote: Geoff (KotZ). For all the reasons above, and so that it is a little less quiet. As I’ve said, Joyce seems a good candidate to me too if we need to change. I will have more to say later, hopefully, as I am busy at the moment.

Susan has had nothing to say aside from whatever she feels she has to after someone dies. I think her behaviour originates in false sympathy and I think she's concerned about appearances over content. I'm afraid I missed the voting yesterday, but I'm going to Vote: Susan (Jack Sassy) today.

14 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Susan has had nothing to say aside from whatever she feels she has to after someone dies. I think her behaviour originates in false sympathy and I think she's concerned about appearances over content.

I think I've expressed my thoughts well enough on who could be scum, besides, there's not much to add after Ron and Cheryl have made their statements. Honoring the dead seems like the first logical thing to do.

Anyway, voting time! I've given my reasons already before so my vote stays the same

Vote: Joyce (jimmynick)

3 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

think I've expressed my thoughts well enough on who could be scum

No you haven’t

I'm gonna agree with Susan on this one. She's been pretty active and not just popping in when somebody gets killed like Joyce stated. I still don't trust either of them. That being said...

We need a lynch.

Vote Count:
Geoff (KotZ) - 1 (Zepher)
Susan (Jack Sassy) - 1 (jimmynick)
Joyce (jimmynick) - 2 (Jack Sassy, KotZ)

About 25 or so hours remain in this day.

8 hours ago, Zepher said:

Vote: Geoff (KotZ)

5 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Vote: Susan (Jack Sassy)

5 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

10 minutes ago, KotZ said:

5RmiaJO.jpg

"Thanks for the lunch, Ron. It was delicious."

"Ah, no problème!"

m7fdPW0.jpg

"Hey guys." Ash started. "Have you noticed something different about the town?" 

"What do you mean?" Geoff asked.

"It seems like all the buildings are in different spots."

"Seems fine to me." 

0bzNllV.jpg

"It's not like the host had to take down the entire town and move it into the closet."

8 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Ugh. Looking over Susan's posts, I'd been leaning towards voting for her. But Joyce is voting for her. Now I'm turn. Maybe they're our Scum team?

For there being so few of us, the vote sure is spread out. That's not looking hopeful for a lynch. We need to try to take action. Even if we end up losing it today, we have to make our best effort.

So, I'll just sit here and agonize over who to vote for. I've been using drinking whiskey as a euphemism for working, but now I think I'm actually going to have a whiskey.

It seems Cheryl accidentally time-traveled and spoke in yesterday's conversation... just bringing it over here for organization purposes.

Don't like, however, that Cheryl is sitting instead of putting her weight somewhere. Cheryl, we need time to change things if necessary - it'd be better to put a vote down and then change it if we have to. This feels like someone who is trying to wait to hammer... like I've said (though people didn't like it) Cheryl is appearing helpful, because she's talking, but I'm still feeling like she's doing a lot to foment suspicion. Why didn't this come with a vote?

I'll be keeping an eye. I'm willing to change my vote to Joyce, and to a lesser extent Susan. Why did people not want to support my vote for Geoff?

I’m struggling really. At the start of the day my top suspect was Cheryl. But she’s asked some good questions however Ron does bring up a good point about Cheryl seemingly sitting on the fence and not making a decision. Geoff seems to have said a lot without saying anything at all. Joyce hasn’t said much but makes a good point about Susan’s “we need to hunt down the mafia” post. 

For now, I think I’m going to Vote: Cheryl (Hinckley)

12 hours ago, KotZ said:

I'm gonna agree with Susan on this one. She's been pretty active wishy washy and not just popping in when somebody gets killed like Joyce stated. I still don't trust either of them. That being said...

We need a lynch.

Do you really think Susan is contributing? She only thinks I'm scum because I thought her comment after Fred's death was BS, and she's repeated the same charade today. We need a lynch, so you vote for me?

3 hours ago, jimmynick said:

She only thinks I'm scum because I thought her comment after Fred's death was BS, and she's repeated the same charade today.

Just so you know, I usually say a few words in mafia games for the person who died earlier. To comment on your earlier statement, you also attempted to deny my statements the same way today. I'm positive that you might be scum, though the only problem is that I have no idea who could be your partner in crime. 

Sign in to follow this