Sign in to follow this  
Sympatik Brick

[Freebuild] the « Golden Dragon » tavern-inn in Marginea (Avalonia)

The golden dragon tavern-inn benefits from an extraordinary location close to a hot spring. The virtues of these bubbling baths attract a large female clientele. The dragon clan garrisons are also regulars here. Are they attracted by the quality of the beverages served in this tavern, by the regular presence of women from elsewhere or by the name given to this place? Certainly a bit of all three. Only the elves living in the nearby forest take a dim view of the presence of soldiers and personalities who have come from so far to the border of their forest-sanctuary.

« Golden Dragon » tavern-inn in Marginea

Nice work @Sympatik Brick. The figures on the roof are very dynamically poised. I like the technique for the golden window and as mentioned elsewhere the bubbling spring works well.

I like how the flags are mounted in back as well as the signage on the front - the gold decorations with the barrel is terrific.

4 hours ago, jtooker said:

I like how the flags are mounted in back as well as the signage on the front - the gold decorations with the barrel is terrific.

Ah ah! I put the flags in back only because I had no more 1x1 brick in light grey. I used some 1x1 modified and I had to hide them. As you can see I have no more 2x4 arch in light grey too! …

I’m happy with the signage too. There’s no more helm on the roof. I took it for a minifig.

That's two hot spring builds in short succession, that's quite unique. :classic: Anyway, I like the variation in the water with the lighter and darker tones. The wooden scaffold looks appropriate, and the orange foiliage is original, though a bit odd that it grows over bare rock. Nice angle for the building. 

Well done!  I like the build a lot.  The gold accents are great, and as someone else mentioned, the angle to the building helps the organic feel.  The idea of the hot springs for the hotel is nice, and I like the low-slung orange foliage.  I'm curious why there are pentagonal stone pavers on the sidewalk and the roof, although I assume that was an intentional choice?  The tudor framing looks good, as does the roofline.  The round 2x2 pieces are an interesting choice for a roof, but it works as the accent over the awning.  I particularly like the studs out shutters for some reason.  Nice work!

Thank you for your feedback Grover.

I think I will change the pentagonal pavement and I hope I’ll found some in dark green for the roof! (I’ve built this Moc coming back from the lego PAB with quite a lot of these parts!)

The studs on shutters are not really intentional: I had no shutters in nice color. I have now some 3x1 plate in dark tan with wooden pattern… I’ll try when my Moc will be unboxed.

Edited by Sympatik Brick