Hello everyone, today I`m going to reveal to all of you my Red coupe MOC that I placed on my avatar ;-)

IMG_0335.jpeg

A long long story begins

There is a long story of development of this car. It starts with my childhood dream and the First Lego technic PF car (see https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/188301-fitst-pf-technic-car-moc/&tab=comments#comment-3468455 ) (that I built in 2012). After I left my hobby for about 4-5 years. And then I returned with RC MOD of Chevrolet Corvette set (see https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/188300-chevrolet-corvette-42093-rc-mod/&tab=comments#comment-3468619 ). After that I tried to deal with a big scale (1:10) by building an RC MOC of Porsche 911 RSR (see https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/188322-porsche-911-rsr-rc-moc/&tab=comments#comment-3469094 ) - that was a big challenge for me and required a significant upgrade of my lego workshop... At the very end of my story with Porsche, I get some ideas for a new car... but to build a car from that ideas took me 2 more months.

The cassis and first ideas of the body

I was developing a new RC chassis for my Porsche 911, it is a long process, you know... Finally, the chassis has been developed. It was built out of ideas and I was very pleased with it!

IMG_0257.jpeg

I needed to add several mounting points to it in order to swap the body. The chassis was waiting for me on the next desk where I used to play lego and I was doing my everyday job on computer. Then suddenly, I looked up onto a shelf and noticed, that fenders from Land Rover set 42110 has a nice shape as a front grill! I checked my idea, and it worked! At that moment I realized that the story of a new car begins!...

IMG_0285.jpeg

To build the back lights of the new car I use the old Bionicle heads! 

IMG_0280.jpeg

And made first lines of the roof and A-pillars

IMG_0289.jpeg

After that the process stopped... 

New fenders from Ferrari set

Process stopped... I was struggling a low with making the wheel arched for front wheels... the bonnet I made required me to make a very sport-like very slime and curved wheel arches. At the same time they needed to be sturdy enough for outdoor driving and also provide some space for the suspension travel... After a month of unsuccessful attempts I was ready to give up!

But likely for me, the new Lego set Ferrari 42125 has arrived! I waited for another month for a "good" price since it was totally overpriced form the very beginning. The Ferrari fenders bring the new power to me. Also they provided the color for the car. To finish the bodywork in red I bought two Ducati sets their parts help me a lot!

On the photo you can see the gorgeous moment of attachment of the side-panels to the car. After I solved the problem with fenders, the car was assembled piece by piece in such a way, that all my ideas nearly "provide" the form of the car and the part use. As you can see, the first prototype of a bonnet was lifted up to be a roof ;-).

IMG_0312.jpeg

Some underlying ideas for bodywork:

- Short front and back bumpers (comparing to the Porsche set)

- Front grill with a fender from the Land Rover set

- Narrowing door panels

The car has no interior and no doors, since I was building an RC car. I was saving the weight. Final car with batteries (Buwizz) has a total weight of 1,5 kg.

IMG_0314.jpeg

Photos of a finished car

IMG_0317.jpeg

IMG_0320.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg

Hope you like it!

After finishing the first version, I made a significant update of it. Now it is equipped with 2 powerful Buwizz motors and powered by 2 Buwizz 3.0 bricks. The total weight is 1,63 kg and the mass of the car is moved closer to the rear wheels for a better grip. All electronics is located in the lowest 5 studs of a car so it is very stable and quite fast (about 12 km/h) it is really fun to play. But you heed a flat areas since the ground clearance is about 2 studs (all in all it is a sport car). The suspension is independent and very responsive.

I have no video to share for now and the winter has already come, so I will wait until spring! Now im 100% involved in 4x4 technic RC off-roaders.... 

P.S. I will try to make a OPDF instruction for my MOC, but it will take a lot of times. And if you have any questions, no not hesitate to ask me - the car was not disassembled and it is waiting for the warn and sunny days on a shelf ;-)

Nice work! I agree that the roof is nice. I dislike the way the olive color clashes with the red, though. Those wheel arches do exist in white from the Mindstorms Robot Inventor set, and would likely make the car look a lot better. Otherwise, good job!

I do agree with , but with orange ferrari wheel arches and the white land rover arches, this could look sick. Is it just me, or am I seeing a hint of Nissan GT-R in here?

I immediately thought of the GT-R when I saw the wheel arch mounted on the front in the other thread. This thing looks great!

I really appreciate the attention to correct function and good performance. I know the Buwizz stuff brings performance to a level you just can't get with authentic Lego parts, but the effort put into the front suspension and steering is awesome. I can't wait to see the instructions and dissect what you've done.

6 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Nice work! I agree that the roof is nice. I dislike the way the olive color clashes with the red, though. Those wheel arches do exist in white from the Mindstorms Robot Inventor set, and would likely make the car look a lot better. Otherwise, good job!

I was thinking about white fenders, but the EVE 3 set costs a lot... And it would not be that a problem if I would use its electronics - but im not interested in it... And build these fenders only is nearly impossible to me, cause im living in Russia ;-) Of course, I will make them white in the instruction!

3 hours ago, westphald said:

I immediately thought of the GT-R when I saw the wheel arch mounted on the front in the other thread. This thing looks great!

I really appreciate the attention to correct function and good performance. I know the Buwizz stuff brings performance to a level you just can't get with authentic Lego parts, but the effort put into the front suspension and steering is awesome. I can't wait to see the instructions and dissect what you've done.

I thought of GT-R as well, especially with the 1-st prototype of a bonnet... But building real cars is a lot harder that building non-existing one... And in not ready for this ;-) The good thing is that one can design it's own body with this chassis! 

Interesting shapes all over the body, I like the use of the mudguard piece as well, but agree that the color is not the best. It would look pretty good in black if it existed.. But the white could work out well too. You could render it in a few different color combinations to see what works best!

On 11/20/2021 at 1:39 AM, gyenesvi said:

Interesting shapes all over the body, I like the use of the mudguard piece as well, but agree that the color is not the best. It would look pretty good in black if it existed.. But the white could work out well too. You could render it in a few different color combinations to see what works best!

Finally, I get myself a 51515 lego set, so not I have white mudguards. Here are fresh pics!

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

A bright green line above the white would really make it pop, and introduce some Italian flavor.

Very nice build, and one of the best roof solutions I've ever seen. And both the front and the rear are also excelent!

Great work!

_ED_

3 hours ago, Nazgarot said:

A bright green line above the white would really make it pop, and introduce some Italian flavor.

Pretty sure the Italians would protest... :wink:

For Italian flavor, white should go between green and red...

16 hours ago, Nazgarot said:

Very nice build, and one of the best roof solutions I've ever seen. And both the front and the rear are also excelent!

Great work!

_ED_

Thank you for your feedback! 

I am waiting for the snow to melt. Really want to show this car on a full speed to you all.