Dennyyz

New to the forum, got back into LEGO about 4 years ago

Hi All!  

I'm an AFOL in Toronto, Canada, who got back into it when my kids started getting into LEGO a few years ago.  The first set I bought when I got back in was Assembly Square, and thus launched my love of the Modular Buildings.  I'm also a fan of buildings in general, as well as many of the IDEAs sets, including those crowdfunded on Bricklink.  I missed out on the first issue from them a couple years ago, and wasn't fast enough to grab a castle or fishing boat in the first round this year, so just got the Kakapo.  I thought the designs in the 2nd round were all quite impressive, so snagged 1 of each :)

Unlike many adults (perhaps), I'm also a fan of Ninjago, and actually started building the kids' sets before the big city/docks/gardens sets came out.  So once those were released I was further hooked.  I also like the Chinese New Year sets, and was lucky enough to get both of the launch sets on a family trip there at that time.  My kids are into Star Wars, Superheroes, Harry Potter, Ninjago, and Friends sets, all of which I think are fun too.

As you can see, I like just about everything, though haven't gotten in to Technic or City much.  I hope to someday have the space to have my own LEGO city and develop my own MOCs and layouts, but I'm not really set up for that right now.  I usually build a set or two or 3 at a time, have it displayed, and then its into storage :(

In any case, glad to join the forum, and hope all are having a great day!

Cheers