Polarlicht

10300 BTTF DeLorean DMC-12 Time Machine

I think it will be a DeLorean DMC-12 with BTTF branding, bigger and more expensive than the last one they did. Until the set is leaked or revealed, there is not much else to say about it.

Well, Jurassic World theme is going to have T-rex Breaout (18+) set and it has two Ford Exploerers. It’s a perfect timing to have minifig scale set!

I sure hope DeLorean would be minifigure scale…but oh well.

I would love to see LEGO release an 18+ display set for BTTF alongside this, but we'll see what they do. 

In any case, I'm definitely intrigued by this set and how it will look. 

The Expert range are large scale vehicles with lots of details, not minifig scale.  A minifig scale would be better suited for the Creator 3in1 line.  Make all 3 versions of the DeLorean.

It would be nice to includes some minifigs of Marty and the Doc, maybe also of Clara and Biff on a minifig display.  But they didn't do that for the Aston Martin or the Ecto-1, so I don't see them doing that this time round either.

I'm starting to doubt whether we will get this in April.  The rumoured date for the Vespa was wrong, its March not February.  And to have another vehicle released so soon after, just one month.  Get if true, but past releases have nearly always been March or August. 

21 hours ago, MartyMcFly said:

I'm starting to doubt whether we will get this in April.  The rumoured date for the Vespa was wrong, its March not February.  And to have another vehicle released so soon after, just one month.  Get if true, but past releases have nearly always been March or August. 

It’s not impossible, if only because of the difference with it being a licensed vehicle. It’s just going to be a waiting game at this point. 

At least we know the price now and it's going to be 180 Euro and released April 1st as previously rumored. So expect pics in a week or so.

Updated info from PromoBricks:

10300 Delorean Time Machine

1872 Pieces - $169.99 

Includes Marty and Doc Minifigures in their BTTF2 outfits.

All 3 versions are buildable, and the set includes second license plate, hoverboard, and plutonium box. 

Will you have to decide which of the three you are going to build, or will it be easy to change?  Might have to get 2.  I like the BTTF 2 and 3 versions.  Shame no Clara minifig.

The light brick for the flux will be a nice added bonus.

Is it weird that I kinda want a plain Delorean more than a BTTF Delorean?

DeLorean-Painted-In-Red-Listed-For-Sale-

Although I'd want that in Speed Champions 8-wide scale.

Still in for this BTTF set though.

34 minutes ago, danth said:

Is it weird that I kinda want a plain Delorean more than a BTTF Delorean?

Although I'd want that in Speed Champions 8-wide scale.

Still in for this BTTF set though.

it should be relatively easy to MOC back to the original. More so than going from an original to BTTF.

Sawyer Howd on BrickVault has an excellent 8-wide DeLorean that I built last year. Given the fine detail of the doors/roof, it's pretty stable - DeLorean Time Machine — Brick Vault

It should also be fairly easy to convert to a standard DeLorean.

I almost don't believe that they've included minifigures after what they said with the Ecto-1, despite seeing them on the LEGO website. It looks really good.

1 hour ago, Polarlicht said:

Oh yes!!! Want want want!!!

Looks like it has the F40 windscreen and Vespa fan disk print as "hubcaps". And unfortunatly it looks like it won't have the old Psiaki steering inside!

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-10300-delorean/140761/

A lack of steering was to be expected, I guess it would be nearly impossible to include steering AND the folding of the wheels.

That said, shut up and take my money! It looks wonderful, and the many details and inclusion of Minifigs shows that Lego still can do it, if they want.

3 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

Looks like it has the F40 windscreen

No, it is a brand new windscreen: 14 studs at the bottom, 10 studs at the top, 6 studs (=5 bricks) high. A very useful part. I can imagine dozens of car models that could benefit from that windscreen.