evancelt

[COR - ChIV - Micro Prize] Sheep Farm, Wullham

Forest Bineford loved the location he had chosen for his sheep farm. The rolling hills provided ample grazing land for his flock of sheep, and the hillside behind his home allowed him to sit under a small grove of trees to watch his sheep among the pastures.

Now with winter closing in, the leaves on the small stand of trees had fallen and he looked forward to seeing folks about town sport clothing made from his wool!

mini-sheep-1_sq.jpg

----------------

Here's my micro medium property earned as a prize during Challenge IV: Rebuilding Terraversa (bonus upgrade). To be licensed as a sheep plantation in Wullham.

More pics

Spoiler

mini-sheep-2.jpg

mini-sheep-3.jpg

Might just be my favoritt micro build! The amount of details you managed to fit inn is amazing.

My personal favorite has to be the sheeps

Cool micro sheep! Clever use of the HP wand sprues, too. And the water running off the edge of the build is a very fun touch. Great micro all around! :thumbup:

Honestly, I think I enjoy a lot of the micro builds more than the minifig scale builds.

Very nice landscape and farm. You have lots of good ideas and are always building something new.

Super build, I love the sheep and the green trees are so simple yet lovely! 

I appreciate the varied 1x2 plates in the fields, it really gives it a good look!

What a great micro, the pixelated floor looks surprisingly good and the tiny tudor style on the second story of the house is also impressive!  But best of all are those adorable sheep, soo cute! :wub:

On 11/14/2021 at 6:00 AM, Justsomebrix said:

Might just be my favoritt micro build! The amount of details you managed to fit inn is amazing.

My personal favorite has to be the sheeps

Thanks @Justsomebrix! Yeah the sheep were the core of the build, and the rest built up around them. The optimal spacing for the wand was 1.5 studs apart, so I used jumper plates to space them out a bit.

mini-sheep-proc.jpg

23 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Cool micro sheep! Clever use of the HP wand sprues, too. And the water running off the edge of the build is a very fun touch. Great micro all around! :thumbup:

Honestly, I think I enjoy a lot of the micro builds more than the minifig scale builds.

Thanks! Got the idea to use the sprues after breaking off some dark brown wands to use in the sheep as their heads. Tried a bunch of other stuff for the heads too, but everything else was too big. Tried making a little person, too, but ended up using that micro person instead.

20 hours ago, NOD said:

Very nice landscape and farm. You have lots of good ideas and are always building something new.

Thanks @NOD! Gotta keep trying new stuff :pir-huzzah2:

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

One word : great !

I don't know which is my favorite between the timber frame or the sheeps

Thanks @Professor Thaum! I saw some micro timber frame elsewhere but didn't have the pieces to recreate what they did, so tried this!

2 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Super build, I love the sheep and the green trees are so simple yet lovely! 

I appreciate the varied 1x2 plates in the fields, it really gives it a good look!

Thanks @Spud The Viking! I have a ton of 1x2 plates in ~25 colors so while it takes a lot of pieces, I like the flexibility of throwing in new colors as I go - can make part of the field muddy!

15 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

What a great micro, the pixelated floor looks surprisingly good and the tiny tudor style on the second story of the house is also impressive!  But best of all are those adorable sheep, soo cute! :wub:

Thanks @Kai NRG! You should try out the sheep and build a micro for Wullham :pir-grin: All sheep builds welcome in Wullham

Edited by evancelt

2 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Thanks @Kai NRG! You should try out the sheep and build a micro for Wullham :pir-grin: All sheep builds welcome in Wullham

I definitely have plans to steal your design sometime... perhaps I should pay my debts by locating the build in Wullham. :pir-wink:  Been committing to things left and right recently though so I don't know when I'll get to it!

Fantastic build all around. The sheep are done amazingly, but I'm also impressed with the usage of the "Wand Cast" leftovers as trees. It's very creative. The use of slopes in the house is well done, and altogether the build looks great! Excellent job!

Agh, those sheep! :wub:  That's brilliantly clever, and the rest of the build is really nice as well - I love the little details you went with, like those stone walls along the road - but those sheep are just ingenious :grin: