Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Indiana Jones - the Flying Wing

theaterindex.gif

As the title says, here you can see my version of the most beautiful vehicle of the entire Indy series: the Flying Wing.

Here is a pic, that links to the gallery (when public):

flyingwing_002.jpg

I know there are many versions of this plane, not last the Official LEGO Indiana Jones one. I just wanted to try and build it the way I see it.

I had some reference pic from the net, and many of them changed in some particoular: one had 6 blades in the propellers, one had 4 propellers, one had the propellers to the front and most to the back... , and so on. This is as near to the Raiders of the Lost Ark I could get, considering the pieces I have, and the small features I wanted to stress (like the working landing gear).

I hope you like it :blush: .

Comments and CC are welcome.

LuxorV

Awesome job on that :classic: I love that vehicle. It's one of my all-time favorite scenes in the movie. Just add the German Mechanic, and you're good to go :wink:

I like it! Though I feel kinda sadd that the gun turret is missing or I can't see ut. I really like the cabin, though tis a bit too modern, but all in all, a nice model. :thumbup:

Thanks for the positive feedback :blush:

I like it! Though I feel kinda sadd that the gun turret is missing or I can't see ut. I really like the cabin, though tis a bit too modern, but all in all, a nice model. :thumbup:

Do you mean that blocky thing in the rear of the middle section with two bars/barrels srouting from it :look: ? 'Cause, you know, I seem to see it... :wink:

As for the German mechanic, unfortunately I lack a plain flesh torso to apply my own custom decal on :hmpf_bad: .

LuxorV

I'm not too sure about the cockpit, though I'm not sure I can think of a better solution. Beyond that it looks pretty good.

Steve

Awesome MOC. Really, that is pretty cool. One thing though: There was red on the plane?

:thumbup: from me!

Thanks Athos. Yes, the cockpit had to be a compromise solution, since I couldn't find a better one.

Awesome MOC. Really, that is pretty cool. One thing though: There was red on the plane?

:thumbup: from me!

Yes, there is red on the fins, as background to the nazi symbols:

87.jpg

LuxorV

awesome! :classic: i was going to make this with the crappy wing piece from the CITY passenger plane along with a camp and the fight and the trucks, but theres a lot of things i say i do... im a lazy MOCer... :tongue:

anyways, the cockpit is very accurate. maybe in the future you could add some gunner bubbles. :classic: also, i think a fight with Indy and the boxer guy would be cool. :thumbup:

Thanks all :blush:

As I said before:

As for the German mechanic, unfortunately I lack a plain flesh torso to apply my own custom decal on :hmpf_bad: .

:wink:

Passing on...

That is just awesome :classic: How long did you take on it anyway? Just curious.

First of all, Welcome to EB :thumbup: (I always forget to pass in the 'My name is' forum :look: ).

It took me about 2 hours from the first mouse click of the reference images research to the completed model.

LuxorV

Well done! The Flying Wing is a vehicle I've never perfectly seen replicated in Lego, but you've done a fine job. The cockpit choice piece is great I think, not entirely accurate but one of the best I've seen. The red at the tail is a good touch, and everything seems to be in good proportion too. If there was one thing to change is that I would bulk it up a bit, that way you get a bigger plane and an easier way to make a proper turret too. Other than that, great work and thanks for sharing!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well done! The Flying Wing is a vehicle I've never perfectly seen replicated in Lego, but you've done a fine job. The cockpit choice piece is great I think, not entirely accurate but one of the best I've seen. The red at the tail is a good touch, and everything seems to be in good proportion too. If there was one thing to change is that I would bulk it up a bit, that way you get a bigger plane and an easier way to make a proper turret too. Other than that, great work and thanks for sharing!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for the positive comments, BatBrick :blush:

I'm waiting to get my hands on Peril in Peru, to have more wing pieces to bulk it up :wink:

LuxorV

Yeah!! Looks great! :wub: I have wondered why TLC didn't make their own Flying Wing, but it seems they have, or? But since TLC sets use to be a bit 'bulky' I think your Flying Wing looks way better. I like the cockpit but I can't see the MG Turret :sceptic: well well nothing to bother about! Well done!! :sweet:

Thanks everybody :blush:

On a side note: maybe I just do not understand what you mean, but I consider this a gun turret...

flyingwing_018.jpg

LuxorV

Great piece of work, LuxorV :thumbup:

I love it very much. IMO, there is nothing wrong this set, and I think you have done a very great job. :sweet:

The plane is crafted in a very smart way, and from that picture, I can see it looks pretty big.

Furthermore, in order to illustrate a parking lot for this baby, you inverted the old curve road baseplates. I think this is a very smart move. Now, it's time to bring in Marion and the German Boxer. :tongue:

As the title says, here you can see my version of the most beautiful vehicle of the entire Indy series: the Flying Wing.

Here is a pic, that links to the gallery (when public):

flyingwing_002.jpg

I know there are many versions of this plane, not last the Official LEGO Indiana Jones one. I just wanted to try and build it the way I see it.

I had some reference pic from the net, and many of them changed in some particoular: one had 6 blades in the propellers, one had 4 propellers, one had the propellers to the front and most to the back... , and so on. This is as near to the Raiders of the Lost Ark I could get, considering the pieces I have, and the small features I wanted to stress (like the working landing gear).

I hope you like it :blush: .

Comments and CC are welcome.

LuxorV

The only thing it is missing, is the Brawler who gets cut up. :wink:

The only thing it is missing, is the Brawler who gets cut up. :wink:

I'm still working on that :wink:

LuxorV

Thanks everybody :blush:

On a side note: maybe I just do not understand what you mean, but I consider this a gun turret...

flyingwing_018.jpg

LuxorV

Sorry hehe the MG turret do blend in to the background so well that I didn't spot it...

Is there an official/TLC Flying Wing and in that case where can I find it!? :cry_happy:

Sorry hehe the MG turret do blend in to the background so well that I didn't spot it...

Is there an official/TLC Flying Wing and in that case where can I find it!? :cry_happy:

As long as I know, the only 'official' LEGO version for now is the one in the Indiana Jones Original Adventures. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it released next year: like SW, they already have the models ready (as they built them for the game), and they'll probably release them as actual sets. Fingers crossed :classic: .

LuxorV

if you have the game and a bunch of spare parts, do what i do.

turn the game on, and just build by what you see.

it helps that you can rotate the plane on the game and see it from different angles.

Yes, I had that idea, too. But I lack some parts :look:

I'll keep my fingers crossed waiting for next year sets :classic:

LuxorV

If you make an account on www.bricklink.com, then you can buy a bunch of parts from your country, usually for a low price.

That's another thing I do, or try to trade bricks with friends.

I still hope they make it a set.