- PF: 2L, Servo, IR, LiPo

Video:

Pictures:

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.jpg

More images: https://bricksafe.com/pages/paave/ferrari-f40-110-rc

Building instruction made in Bricklink Studio coming with 564 steps on 442 pages: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-92704/paave/ferrari-f40-110-rc/#details

Edited by paave

Looks pretty good. I really like the brickbuilt black line throughout the bodywork. The rear looks spot on. I’m not convinced by the front end and bonnet though. The front somehow looks off. I seems a stud too high. The bonnet’s curve in the real F40 is much more subtle. But then again there’s not really a better solution in this scale. That being said, it’s a great recreation of the F40 :thumbup:

IMO the front is too short and it has too much curves in the bodywork including the mudguards but it is still being a good F40. You can see in these pics from somebody I do not know that mine has big problems on the front too it would have to be a little longer and the angle is also bad, I like much your idea for the back glass.

up6JdfT.jpg?1

57 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Looks pretty good. I really like the brickbuilt black line throughout the bodywork. The rear looks spot on. I’m not convinced by the front end and bonnet though. The front somehow looks off. I seems a stud too high. The bonnet’s curve in the real F40 is much more subtle. But then again there’s not really a better solution in this scale. That being said, it’s a great recreation of the F40 :thumbup:

Thanks. The front is indeed higher than it should be. I just wanted to use the new fender panels, so there is no other way.

2 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

IMO the front is too short and it has too much curves in the bodywork including the mudguards but it is still being a good F40. You can see in these pics from somebody I do not know that mine has big problems on the front too it would have to be a little longer and the angle is also bad, I like much your idea for the back glass.

I checked the proportions and it seems fine. Maybe it's because of the high front and also it looks shorter because the LEGO arches are longer than on the original car.

800x263.jpg

50 minutes ago, paave said:

Thanks. The front is indeed higher than it should be. I just wanted to use the new fender panels, so there is no other way.

I checked the proportions and it seems fine. Maybe it's because of the high front and also it looks shorter because the LEGO arches are longer than on the original car.

I think it is that yours is taller than the real one so it seems shorter, but it was at first sight, nice technique with the images, how do you do it?.

4 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I think it is that yours is taller than the real one so it seems shorter, but it was at first sight, nice technique with the images, how do you do it?.

And the wheels on render images are lower, because of no weight for shocks. That's some Photoshop manipulations, superimposition + edit size + set transparency.

5 minutes ago, paave said:

And the wheels on render images are lower, because of no weight for shocks. That's some Photoshop manipulations, superimposition + edit size + set transparency.

I have to try it and rest my poor sight :laugh: .

Thanks for sharing this.  Is there any chance you have close up photos or animations of the pop up lights?  I would be interested to see your solution.

9 hours ago, Hrafn said:

Thanks for sharing this.  Is there any chance you have close up photos or animations of the pop up lights?  I would be interested to see your solution.

I showed it in the video.

Quite nice indeed, the model is definitely recognizable and the motor system seems very well integrated. The only design element that would bother me is the engine bonnet on the back : the gray technic pins seems rather cheap, especially in front of the global quality of the model... I would not be able to give any better solution, sorry, and I guess you have looked into other possibilities already.

Another detail : the driving speed seems a little low for 2x L motors and the model's size. Which gear ratio have you set for the transmission?

Great work anyway, congratulations!

8 hours ago, Celeri said:

Another detail : the driving speed seems a little low for 2x L motors and the model's size. Which gear ratio have you set for the transmission?

It's 12:28 in a 5x7 frame. I guess, putting other gears in this space will turn into instability and clicks.

Edited by paave

Very nice build! The new wheel arches helps a lot I suppose. And why did you made the wheels with old rims? The new rims will improve the scrap radius, and this really means a lot since you have an RC car?

5 hours ago, Daniel-99 said:

And why did you made the wheels with old rims? The new rims will improve the scrap radius, and this really means a lot since you have an RC car?

New rims were not available in gray.

@paave I noticed that your F40's Rebrickable page is gone. Do you have any plans on putting it back on RB? I was planning to purchase the instructions soon after tearing apart my 488 GTE. :cry_sad:

9 hours ago, StudWorks said:

@LvdH That's @lnteknik's F40, @paave's is the 1:10 F40 missing from there.

You're right. I glanced over the topic title and didn't look further. Looking at paave's rebrickable page all of his premium MOCs are gone unfortunately. Probably has something to do with Paypal no longer working in his country.