800x546.png

Pontelli. Early morning on a Saturday.

An ordinary street. We have seen it before. The neighbours are having a discussion in the backyard.

640x467.jpg

Sam: Oi, Piedro, how is it going?

Piedro: Can't complain, Sam.

Sam: You heard about that holdup last week?

Piedro: Yes, we need protection!

Sam: I see you have already guarded your garden.

Piedro: Just like you.

800x577.jpg

Sam: Can't be careful enough these days. A guard in the garden keeps the highwayman away.

Piedro: And now our tulips are safe.

Sam: I've hired some guys from Pontelli's First Riflemen.

640x480.jpg

Piedro: Mine is from the Eslandola Thirthy-Fourth Marine Corps.

640x849.jpg

Meanwhile the tulip trade was growing strong: we take another look into the well-known tavern

800x632.jpg

Sir Krantenhagen (on the very right): I believe, Lady Beetle has a new proposal to make?

Lady Beetle (next to him): Yes, I have. I'd like to trade something new.

Sir Krantenhagen: And that is what, mylady?

Lady Beetle (holding a small object in her hand): This.

640x895.jpg

All others: What is this? Is this some kind of pastry? That's no tulip! 

Lady Beetle: It will be! This, my friends, is a tulip bulb.

640x507.jpg

Fred the shopkeeper (next to Lady Beetle): That sounds interesting!  But what type of tulip will grow from this bulb?

Lady Beetle: Oh, you can easily look it up in the "Book of Tulips". It will be a "Mondial".

Fred the shopkeeper: Did you write the "Book of Tulips"?

Lady Beetle: No, Alberto da Pontelli has written this scientific book. I just have a copy.

Fred the shopkeeper: So you want to sell us this tulip bulb instead of a real blossoming tulip?

Lady Beetle: That's right. It is just a small matter of time until the tulip will blossom, so we can trade the bulb right here and now.

(The others nod.)

Fred the shopkeeper: And how much do you want for the bulb?

Lady Beetle: Actually I have quite a few bulbs. And I want the same price for them as for a "normal" tulip. And I accept no pnounds or pnence.

640x716.jpg

Slim Shady: I'll buy the bulbs. All of them.

Sir Krantenhagen: Ok, then that is settled. (to himself) I'll need some new sheets of paper to keep track of this new type of trade.

One question, Mylady.

Lady Beetle: Yes, dear Krantenhagen?

Sir Krantenhagen: How did you get into this tulip trading business?

Lady Beetle: By accident. Two suitors of mine have been giving me tulips as presents.
       You might know them - Captain Cookie and Commodore Spoon.

Sir Krantenhagen: And then?

Lady Beetle: Then my house was filled with tulips and I could hardly move anywhere without stepping onto a tulip. So I started to sell them.

Sir Krantenhagen: And that was good for you?

Lady Beetle: Yes, the house has much more space now - and I made some money (smiles).

Sir Krantenhagen: And your suitors?

Lady Beetle: They lost some, I guess. You know how expensive those tulips are...

400x609.jpg

The story so far:

Something for a Lady

Buying Some Flowers

Captain Cookies next move

Gray's Universal Store

What is he doing here?

The Tulip Traders

Tulips in the Garden

The first LTP

Those Terrible Tulips

The first LTP - continued

The Holdup

Neighbourhood Watch and a New Idea (You are here)

Tulips ... and sistershipping

A Good Idea?

A modern coin system - and someone buys a house

The Final Tulip Duel   (official end of the story line)

Tulips of Pontelli - 1st Epilogue

New Projects

2nd Tulip Epilogue

3rd Tulip Epilogue - Back at HQ

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

I was wondering if we would start to see tulip bulbs. Another wonderful installment of your story, and of course the prices keep going up! :pir_laugh2:

And do I see Guy K. Wyndzon (@Kai NRG) in attendance at the tavern?

Also, I hope you are licensing these builds in the EGS for Pontelli. Pontelli could be the new boom town!

Another good continuation of the story. It is very funny that the tiny gardens are fenced in and guarded by soldiers.

:pir_laugh2:

On 11/13/2021 at 8:18 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Lady Beetle: They lost some, I guess. You know how expensive those tulips are...

Oh my! :roflmao:  Great way to end this instalment.  The absurdity of soldiers guarding the tulips is also great. :pir-grin:  I'm really enjoying this!

I haven't commented on this yet?! :look:  Love it! :wub: :grin:  So hilarious and well written, and I'm finally starting to see how everything ties together now! :laugh:  Can't wait to see more!! :pir-sweet:

Nice creation. If it's not secret, from what set comes black torso from 1st picture? It's really great and i didnt see it until now. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, chofus said:

Nice creation. If it's not secret, from what set comes black torso from 1st picture? It's really great and i didnt see it until now. Thanks.

It is not a secret, the question is, whether I remember....  The torso belongs to Hector Barbossa!

On 11/26/2021 at 9:08 PM, Garmadon said:

I haven't commented on this yet?! :look:  Love it! :wub: :grin:  So hilarious and well written, and I'm finally starting to see how everything ties together now! :laugh:  Can't wait to see more!! :pir-sweet:

Thanks. And you will get some more installments of this strange series. :pir-grin:

On 11/15/2021 at 4:27 PM, Kai NRG said:

Oh my! :roflmao:  Great way to end this instalment.  The absurdity of soldiers guarding the tulips is also great. :pir-grin:  I'm really enjoying this!

Same as if they were guarding piles of gold :pir-grin:

On 11/13/2021 at 11:46 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I was wondering if we would start to see tulip bulbs. Another wonderful installment of your story, and of course the prices keep going up! :pir_laugh2:

And do I see Guy K. Wyndzon (@Kai NRG) in attendance at the tavern?

Also, I hope you are licensing these builds in the EGS for Pontelli. Pontelli could be the new boom town!

A lot of people are busy in the tulip trade.

And I need to licence all this stuff.... when I find the time...

On 11/14/2021 at 12:25 AM, NOD said:

Another good continuation of the story. It is very funny that the tiny gardens are fenced in and guarded by soldiers.

:pir_laugh2:

:pir-sweet: