Sign in to follow this  
Cincinnati

[MOC] The Redbeard's house

Recommended Posts

Thanks everyone again for their appreciation! I am working on the set to replace some small pieces with cheaper ones: as soon as I finish I will start with the instructions, but I think it will not be a quick process:pir-huzzah2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really wonderful model! Would be a beauty to see actually built in the brick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks, I'm almost done compiling the instructions and then I'll buy the pieces needed to build it. If the moc will show solid and without structural problems, then I will post the instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

Many thanks, I'm almost done compiling the instructions and then I'll buy the pieces needed to build it. If the moc will show solid and without structural problems, then I will post the instructions.

Your many fans are eagerly awaiting the release of those instructions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, the build is finished and is very solid (this was the point that interested me most). I took some pics but, above all, a video (in italian language, sorry) in which I show the rest of the construction well (in particular the cave and all the playable elements inside) and how it can be open in all its sections.

Thank you for the support:pir-huzzah2:

20220227-114411-3.jpg

20220227-114345-A.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing like the feeling when you transform your digital creation into solid and everything turns out to be OK :pir-classic:

Well done, great build honestly :pir-thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:pir-wub: Fantastico!!!!!!! :pir-love::pir-love:

After you've probably played with it in a bit :pir-grin:, are you still planning to create instructions?

Awesome Job!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks! I made the build following the instructions I had already done, so now I can say that are ready and tested. However, while I was building the model, I preferred to change some pieces with others to give more solidity to the structure. So now I have to update the instructions with these very small changes (and also the total parts inventory).

:pir-classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2021 at 11:07 AM, Cincinnati said:

Hi, I always share the instructions of my moc for free, but I have not yet done those of the house in Barbarossa

This is very well build and clever MOC. While 'sharing is caring' and 'he who shares wins' you should definitely consider putting the final instructions on Rebrickable for few €uros. I would say it could be easily in the top 20% of best Pirate-themed builds which are offered there at the moment of writing.

And the video (even in Italian) is great addition. You can always write and add English subtitles inside the video, but even when I watched it on mute I could see everything what you were trying to say or show. Great effort :pir-thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marooned Marin said:

This is very well build and clever MOC. While 'sharing is caring' and 'he who shares wins' you should definitely consider putting the final instructions on Rebrickable for few €uros. I would say it could be easily in the top 20% of best Pirate-themed builds which are offered there at the moment of writing.

 

Exactly my thoughts. That way you got at least a little bit of time and work out of it.

1 hour ago, Marooned Marin said:

And the video (even in Italian) is great addition. You can always write and add English subtitles inside the video, but even when I watched it on mute I could see everything what you were trying to say or show. Great effort :pir-thumb:

Confirm that :pir-grin::pir-grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2021 at 1:28 PM, Cincinnati said:

9u.jpg

Question: this image was rendered in Studio, right? How did you manage to make the candle light like this? Do you paint the flame in 'special' color to achieve this effect in render?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, yes it's a rendering picture. if you try to search in the category of colors in Studio, you will find the one called "luminous" and "luminous soft": if you apply one of them to a brick, it will become illuminated in the rendering picture.

:pir-huzzah2:

 

Render.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

"luminous" and "luminous soft":

Aha! Just what I thought. Thank you very much for clearing this up for me, this nice feature will be quite useful for my future comics :pir-thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great build! I'll definitely be looking for the instructions when they're released. Would happily part with a few doubloons to credit the designer :pir-huzzah2:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is truly awesome. The detail is so gorgeous and believable. I scanned the thread to see if it was asked, but didn't see the question: how many hours of designing did this take you @cincinatti ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you so much Hoppa for your opinion. I don't remember exactly how long it took to complete the digital build: more or less a month working a couple of hours a day:pir-huzzah2:

Edited by Cincinnati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cincinnati said:

I don't remember exactly how long it took to complete the digital build: more or less a month working a couple of hours a dayHi, thanks so much for your:pir-huzzah2:

But we sure are loving the finished result! :pir-love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible and congrats ! :pir-huzzah2: 
Even the tenth time you watch it doesn't get boring.
Collecting for another project right now but this will definitely be the next one.
Maybe other pirate themed sets will follow from you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2022 at 7:47 PM, Red Rackham said:

Incredible and congrats ! :pir-huzzah2: 
Even the tenth time you watch it doesn't get boring.
Collecting for another project right now but this will definitely be the next one.
Maybe other pirate themed sets will follow from you?


I really thank you for your words:pir-huzzah2:

I don't have a lot of creativity and at the moment I don't have other moc in mind, but I hope to find some inspiration:pir_laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cincinnati said:

but I hope to find some inspiration

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London (author of The Sea-Wolf, a mandatory reading for any Pirate wannabe bookworm)

Go get them :pir-thumb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.