Sign in to follow this  
Cincinnati

[MOC] The Redbeard's house

Hello everyone, I apologize if despite being registered since 2013 I have never participated in the forum but I have always preferred to read rather than write. I wanted to present my moc (currently only digitally made): the Captain Redbeard's house, located on the Skull Island. In fact it is a remake of the famous 6279 set, of which it retains some of the distinctive features.

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3b.jpg

4a.jpg

The building consists of three levels, in modular style, for a total of about 4700 pieces. It is designed to be symmetrically opened in two parts to improve its playability.

6a.jpg

5.jpg

First level: the large cave with access from a trap door of the first floor, a rock that hides the stolen treasures and a secret passage on the back.

7.jpg

8.jpg

8b.jpg

8cb.jpg

Second level: the Redbeard's house, accessible by a staircase carved into the rock, equipped with kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and the hall.

8cc.jpg

8d.jpg

9a.jpg

9bb.jpg

Third level: the upper floor with the residence of the rest of the crew and a revolving crane.

9ff_-_copia.jpg

1763228.3615D079B7E608F5.jpg

The interior.

1758374.8DC6F4AD82B9CF93.jpg

1758366.8624B385912EF163.jpg

9u.jpg

1762636.0D373A817B616C5B.jpg

9g.jpg

9l.jpg

Play functions: a trap door on the floor of the Redbeard's house (hidden under the alcoholic cabinet) leads inside the cave.

9ma.jpg

9mb.jpg

And now...GETAWAY!!!

9n.jpg

9q.jpg

9rr.jpg

9s.jpg

Many thanks for your attention!

Edited by Cincinnati

:pir-love:Oh my, this is the perfect Pirates play set that Lego could never make! Astounding job! :pir-thumb:

20 minutes ago, Cincinnati said:

(currently only digitally made)

Could this give us hope for a physical model in future? :pir-stareyes:

Wonderful! :pir-love: I like the many details on the building. All three levels are interesting. There is also lots of nice furniture.

3 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

Hello everyone, I apologize if despite being registered since 2013 I have never participated in the forum but I have always preferred to read rather than write. I wanted to present my moc (currently only digitally made): the Captain Redbeard's house, located on the Skull Island. In fact it is a remake of the famous 6279 set, of which it retains some of the distinctive features.

Well, it's a good thing you've emerged from the shadows because this is quite an impressive remake... in fact, it's more than just a remake, it's a complete re-envisioning which is so much more than the original set! :thumbup:

Thanks again! Yes my idea was to better grow the three levels of the original set, keeping some elements such as the skull carved in the rock, the pier from which you access the building, the secret passage in the back, the trap door on the upper floor to access into the cave, the palm on the left side and the revolving crane on top.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:28 PM, Cincinnati said:

Greetings, argh!

same here :-) reader since six years now and then.... your awesome Captains House.

How many times have I thought about it, today you register and write.
What an incredibly lively set, with lots of play options too.
This is a house worthy of a pirate captain.

I would start collecting the parts right away.
Any chance of getting the instructions or Stud.io / Ldd file. ??

(would pay for it)

Really really awesome...!

Very Impressive! And great pictures, too! Nicely tiled floor in hall and kitchen. Almost too nice and tidy for a pirate's place. But then of course Redbeard is not just an ordinary pirate...

I kind of get the impression, that every brick, every single plate, tile or leaf was carefully and deliberately chosen and put in it's place to make this a perfect MOC. Did you micromanage much or does this come naturally to you? Like the rock texture or the wall patterns or how the cave looks inside.

Thank you very much for your appreciation too. I am not an expert moc builder, I started a year after discovering the studio software. Before, I was a simple collector of vintage castle and pirate sets, both used and new (misb). In fact, my first mocs were much simpler, less realistic, without the use of tiles and with less variety of colors (inspired by the way of building of the 90s). Only for this reason with the Redbeard's house I wanted to try to use more modern techniques and I must say that I had a lot of fun even if it was more tiring. I post the pictures of this old moc of mine, a tavern with a small lighthouse, to show you the difference.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

9a.jpg

16 hours ago, Rotbart said:

Almost too nice and tidy for a pirate's place. But then of course Redbeard is not just an ordinary pirate...

I kind of get the impression, that every brick, every single plate, tile or leaf was carefully and deliberately chosen and put in it's place to make this a perfect MOC. Did you micromanage much or does this come naturally to you? Like the rock texture or the wall patterns or how the cave looks inside.

I thought the same thing you wrote, namely that it is true that the buildings of the pirates, unlike the elegant and symmetrical ones of the imperial guards, are almost always thought of as ramshackle but, in fact, Barbarossa is the Captain and deserved a house of prestige. I also liked the contrast between the exterior of the moc which remains quite wild and then the surprise of finding a more well-kept house inside.

17 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

I would start collecting the parts right away.
Any chance of getting the instructions or Stud.io / Ldd file. ??

(would pay for it)

Hi, I always share the instructions of my moc for free, but I have not yet done those of the house in Barbarossa. While I prefer not to share my .io files, forgive me. If you want, for example, I can send you without problems the instructions of the tavern with lighthouse that I posted above:pir-blush:

8 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

Hi, I always share the instructions of my moc for free, but I have not yet done those of the house in Barbarossa. While I prefer not to share my .io files, forgive me. If you want, for example, I can send you without problems the instructions of the tavern with lighthouse that I posted above:pir-blush:

That's nice, I'll be happy to come back to it. (instructions of the lighthouse)
I think I have to write 10 posts first to be able to send you a private message.

Looks like an interesting build. The similarity is already there and you have further developed some techniques.

19 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

I am not an expert moc builder, I started a year after discovering the studio software.

You're off to a good start!

This creation be worth a feature on the Eurobricks Frontpage! pir-eurobricks.png

4 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

You're off to a good start!

This creation be worth a feature on the Eurobricks Frontpage! pir-eurobricks.png

Thank you very much for this honor!:pir-huzzah2:

18 minutes ago, Cincinnati said:

Thank you very much for this honor!:pir-huzzah2:

But it doesn't stop there!

Have ye Instagram?

20 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

I know I will seem out of time, but I am one of the very few who doesn't use any social media...I'm vintage:pir-classic:

We be looking for a decent pirate island/hideout for our upcoming Instagram post.  Perhaps we could feature Redbeard's house on your behalf.

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

We be looking for a decent pirate island/hideout for our upcoming Instagram post.  Perhaps we could feature Redbeard's house on your behalf.

My moc is at your complete disposal and for me it's a great pleasure that is also shared on social networks. Thank you so much :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

My moc is at your complete disposal and for me it's a great pleasure that is also shared on social networks. Thank you so much :pir_laugh2:

Most excellent!

Is there a version of the images with a transparent background?

On 11/17/2021 at 8:10 PM, Cincinnati said:

My moc is at your complete disposal and for me it's a great pleasure that is also shared on social networks. Thank you so much 

It has been posted on Instagram pir-instagram.png

200 likes in around an hour - well done!

And Mauriz_87 would like to know which software you used to build Redbeard's house?

image.png

19 hours ago, Muzikman36 said:

This is so awesome!!!! I'd love instructions if you make them! 

@Cincinnati,  we've been getting some requests for instructions... and interest in buying on Instagram too.

image.png

image.png