Justsomebrix

[COR - Troop Raising] Spudkirk Southern Battery

As Corrington prepared for War against the Lotus, several military ships as well as merchants, loaded up with men and supplies in order to help our people in New Haven. Edward and his men spent a number of days at Port Woodhouse, arming merchant ships and recruiting volunteers, eager to join the cause. With his ship still under maintenance, Edward divided his crew, taking a few members with him to Spudkirk aboard a merchantman while the rest stayed at Port Woodhouse finishing his ship's renovations. 

Once they arrived at Spudkirk, Scarver offered his services to the army and got to work. Although having fought a few land battles, sea warfare is truly where he excels. He thus spent a day walking around the town's coast looking for the most suitable place for some fortifications to repel any naval invasions, based on where he himself would have landed troops. He pitched the idea to his superior who sent a group with him to build the strategic post.

justsomebrix-artillery-3-lighter.jpg

The battery post was built south of Sudikrik town on top of a cliff with, a small natural path leading down to its beach bellow. It's highground offers a clear view of the sea as well as an easily defendable position. As soon as the cannons had been placed, the post was handed over to the army who stationed 10 soldiers to keep watch at all times.

justsomebrix-artillery-1-lighter.jpg

justsomebrix-artillery-5-lighter.jpg

51671297469_bcc54598e7_b.jpg

-----

A troop raising build to raise a platoon in Spudkirk

Edited by Justsomebrix

Great little build, the ingots work well for texture on the wall and your cannon design is really good!

Very well-built cannon position. I like the defensive position and soldiers.

OUEEEEEERK !!! :pir_mad:

You've been contaminated by @Ayrlego

and those ugly fleshy figs... How awful !!!

Nice artillery bench, great texture of the walls, as already said. Those guns are also well thought.

Excellent!  Very nice little battery you've got there, and I love that cannon design, gorgeous!  Gotta get some of those small wagon wheels someday! :grin:  Great build, mate :pir-huzzah2:

Looks great! I like the cannon design a bunch as well as the unique uniforms (all officer torsos!). The wall textures are great, and I like the mix of civilian torsos in the first pic. Good work with the Ayrlego base

On 11/11/2021 at 2:05 AM, Kai NRG said:

Great little build, the ingots work well for texture on the wall and your cannon design is really good!

Thank you!

On 11/11/2021 at 3:01 AM, NOD said:

Very well-built cannon position. I like the defensive position and soldiers.

Thank you :pir-huzzah2:

On 11/11/2021 at 1:37 PM, Professor Thaum said:

OUEEEEEERK !!! :pir_mad:

You've been contaminated by @Ayrlego

and those ugly fleshy figs... How awful !!!

Nice artillery bench, great texture of the walls, as already said. Those guns are also well thought.

Hahaha fleshy figs any day of the week! 

It honestly wasn't the point to copy Ayrlego's base, but I guess all the years of seeing his posts on flickr has influenced me :pir_wacko:

On 11/11/2021 at 4:36 PM, Garmadon said:

Excellent!  Very nice little battery you've got there, and I love that cannon design, gorgeous!  Gotta get some of those small wagon wheels someday! :grin:  Great build, mate :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you! I wasn't sure about the small weels at first, but then I tried them and now they're my favorite in terms of looks:pir-grin:

On 11/11/2021 at 5:44 PM, evancelt said:

Looks great! I like the cannon design a bunch as well as the unique uniforms (all officer torsos!). The wall textures are great, and I like the mix of civilian torsos in the first pic. Good work with the Ayrlego base

Thank you very much for the edits, it made it look so much better!

If I had some of the older red coats designs I would definetly have used them, but at the moment I think the officers look alright as regulars.

Edited by Justsomebrix

On 11/30/2021 at 4:43 PM, SilentWolf said:

:thumbup: from me. Very nice battery and figure posing. I like that you changed the figures with the story. 

Thank you very much

A perfect build! The cannons, the wall, the base, they all look great! I actually like the first "civilian" pic the most as it feels more colorfully "diversified" with nice contrasting colors. Officer torsos also work well in the other pics as well.

GoC :thumbup: from me!

Excellent scene with a lot of life in it. I like how it is not just a build, but an actual story, and I think both the battery, the cannon (in particular!) and the story comes out very well. The fortress walls are a bit thin, but I suppose they are not made to protect against artillery fire, but more small arms and infantry attacks? I think the base and the palm is very well done, and would love to see a breakdown of the guns too!