Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Main Street Mafia 2 - Day One

9D1A0Yx.png

Main Street Mafia 2: Day One - Trouble in the Neighborhood

nwNklTb.jpg

Welcome to Maintown, specifically, Main Street of Maintown. A quiet town with a street of locally owned businesses. However, there's trouble brewing on Main Street...

eaMUGe4.jpg

Gordon, the Chair of the Chamber of Commerce, exits the town hall in a huff.

"Fellow members of the Chamber of Commerce, I've got terrible news! The mayor is unwilling to help us in our fight against the mafia as they move into the neighborhood!"

QZANMzo.jpg

"Even worse, I believe he's been corrupted by the mafia to try to force us out of our businesses!"

There's a general sense of panic amongst those assembled.

tO4ip9v.jpg

"What do we do?!" someone shouts.

"Someone save us!" someone else screams.

"Won't anyone think of the children?!"

"What's with that cat hair?" someone, probably Cheryl, will ask.

Ia2LRx6.jpg

Before all out panic sets in, Gordon gets the citizens back on side.

"Alright, listen up! It looks like in order to fight the Maintown Mafia, we're going to have to beat them at their own game and play mafia ourselves!"

"Does the mafia actually play mafia?" someone asks.

"Yes, I'm sure they do." Gordon replies. "You all know how to play. Find someone to vote out and bring them to me!"

NPC(s): 
IusppSw.jpg
Gordon - Chair of the Chamber of Commerce

Players (8): 
mCLJciJ.jpg
Geoff - Owner of the Cafe Corner (KotZ)
snWjjXv.jpg
Cheryl - Owner of the Hotel (Hinckley)
5rUB7GD.jpg
Susan - Owner of the Green Grocer (Jack Sassy)
bnL7ZZV.jpg
Fred - Owner of the Pet Shop (Rumble Strike)
9rJ4FPo.jpg
Ron - Owner of Chez Albert (Zepher)
AfqQfVv.jpg
Al - Owner of Al's Barber Shop (Kaanere)
vpykYBB.jpg
Joyce - Owner of The Highlander Pub (Jimmynick)
gJY5fW6.jpg
Ash - Landlord (Tariq j)

Rules:
1) You are either Town or Mafia. The town need to eliminate the mafia and the mafia need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the mafia will win. There are no third parties.
2) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
3) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after 24 hours. Even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. 
     3a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads.
4) Each day you can vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. It should be done in this fashion: 
                     Vote: Character (Player)
                     Unvote: Character (Player)

Ensure your vote is in bold so I don't miss it please!
5) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. 
6) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. 
8) Don't edit your posts, please!
9) Please try to post every day!

10) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures.
11) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

Ugh, Maintown Mafia is so gross. Look at all the cat hair they've dragged into our streets. Run us out of businesses? But the Maintown Hotel has been in my family for years! We've also been the Maintown Hotel, on Main Street, in Maintown, Maine, USA.

What the actual fuck with these mafiosos?

*always, not also. These mafiosos have me so flustered I'm speaking the wrong words. I'm also allergic to giant cats, which is where this hair is clearly coming from.

I agree! These mafiosos have no right to mess with our streets!

Oui oui! I am appalled to learn of this nefarious mafia activity, and further, that they have corrupted our mayor! Mais, c'est la vie. Now we must act to protect ourselves!

My Pa would rolling in his grave now! Mafia in the streets of our fair city, how can they even do a damned thing like that?

Alright, who here is of Italian descent?

Mafiosi! How horrifying! If anyone is equally distressed, come over to my beverage establishment for a calming whisky.

9 hours ago, Rumble Strike said:

Those Mafiosi are worse than animals!

Everyone is worse than animals, duh. Shouldn't a pet shop owner know that?

5 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Mafiosi! How horrifying! If anyone is equally distressed, come over to my beverage establishment for a calming whisky.

Come over? I've already been there for at least three...maybe five whiskeys. I need some lubrication so my brain can figure out how to place my mandatory vote. Although I've lived here all my life, I somehow know nothing about any of you!

Voting is just about open! You have 48 hours remaining in this day.

It will take 5 votes to lynch.

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Although I've lived here all my life, I somehow know nothing about any of you!

I think all you need to know about me is very obvious! I am the owner of Chez Albert, and am therefore the expert in town on all things French! Bien sur! My question to all: how should we begin to discover, nay, découvrir, the most nefarious among us? Does anyone have any ideas? Gordon expects us to vote, but with so little information is this a good idea on the very first day, or non?

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

I think all you need to know about me is very obvious! I am the owner of Chez Albert, and am therefore the expert in town on all things French! Bien sur! My question to all: how should we begin to discover, nay, découvrir, the most nefarious among us? Does anyone have any ideas? Gordon expects us to vote, but with so little information is this a good idea on the very first day, or non?

It's mandatory.

A mandatory vote with very little to go on, we will be like deep sea fish in the depths. 

Voting may be mandatory but we don't necessarily have to get the 5 votes needed for a lynch. With only 8 of us, do we err on the side of caution like the mighty elephant?  It may be difficult to reach a consensus today anyway, with nothing to go on. 

I'm very angry because now we know why so much of the fruit I sell is rotten - must be the mafia delivering them. We need a vote today otherwise can't get on with a damn thing.

7 hours ago, Hinckley said:

It's mandatory.

Well, that certainly helps make that decision. Though Fred is more accurately raising the point I'd like to raise. I've read about this happening to other Chambers of Commerce the mafia have infiltrated, but not for a long time and never one as small as ours, so I don't know what is the best way to do things. With no information, is it better to sit on our hands? But, again, with such a small number, just sitting and waiting for something else to happen feels dangerous as well.

It's midday in the Town Hall when the leader of the Maintown Mafia, "Bill", shows up

LzkaiIf.jpg

"Did you know they're playing mafia out there?" he asks the Mayor. "How insulting! Do something about it!" 

"I can't without making the situation worse." the Mayor replies.

"What if they catch one of our operatives?"

fE4QUFw.jpg

"Let them play their game of mafia, sir. It won't matter in the end." the Mayor says

The Godfather thinks about it for a second.

"Very well. Just don't let the situation get out of hand."

There's the theory day 1 no lynches hurt the town. In a small game like this, I would tend to disagree.

We can try some mathematiques! I am hoping we have only two members of the mafia in our midst. That is my best guess, anyway. If we lynch someone today, and they kill someone else in the night, we would move from 2/8 mafia to 2/6 mafia. That is not good. We may get very lucky and lynch a mafia with our random vote today, but the odds of that are 1/4. Alternatively, if we burn the day, we will probably end up with 2/7 mafia, and the town will hopefully have a little more information to work with, and the odds of "randomly" lynching a mafia goes up (though I guess this is true in both scenarios). What are people's thoughts on these numbers? Chez Albert is concerned with an authentic French experience, not with budgets and bottom lines, but I do think all that math is correct!

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

We can try some mathematiques! I am hoping we have only two members of the mafia in our midst. That is my best guess, anyway. If we lynch someone today, and they kill someone else in the night, we would move from 2/8 mafia to 2/6 mafia. That is not good. We may get very lucky and lynch a mafia with our random vote today, but the odds of that are 1/4. Alternatively, if we burn the day, we will probably end up with 2/7 mafia, and the town will hopefully have a little more information to work with, and the odds of "randomly" lynching a mafia goes up (though I guess this is true in both scenarios). What are people's thoughts on these numbers? Chez Albert is concerned with an authentic French experience, not with budgets and bottom lines, but I do think all that math is correct!

But can we continue about our business if deep down we know that thanks to us an innocent citizen was killed? I can't take a such a chance, we need to think through before making assumptions about everyone.

If before I knew y'all as my neighbors then now I can't go trusting any of ya! :pir-angry:

I would agree that 2 Mafiosi hiding in our midst is likely, given that there are 8 of us in the Main Street Commerce Guild.  They are like sabre-toothed blennies blending into our school of normal fish, just waiting to pounce. 

Therefore the chance of us not getting the vote right is 75%.

If we vote off a loyal Commerce Guild member and then the Mafiosi take one of us out in the night, we will have had a really bad start to this ordeal. 

It is definitely a conundrum. However, our votes are important and we shouldn't forget that they can also provide us with some illumination in days to come, both in terms of alignment and also how people react to them. 

If we're not going to assess people on who they vote on today, I'm hoping we can assess what plan of action people advocated for. I am declaring my stance: it is better that we fail to reach a consensus today! But I'm wary that people seem unwilling to commit to even saying if they think we should lynch of not lynch. What do you think is the best course of action? Don't be wishy washy. We especially need to decide on a plan now so that we can implement in the "evening," one way or another, before time runs out.

Well, I suppose there's a fair point in here. Lynch would be bad for the lot of us as mafia would close in on us double at any point. I just don't want my conscience to chase me after voting someone innocent.

Edited by Jack Sassy
Lynch not no lynch

3 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Well, I suppose there's a fair point in here. Lynch would be bad for the lot of us as mafia would close in on us double at any point. I just don't want my conscience to chase me after voting someone innocent.

So is the editing a self-vote?

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

If we're not going to assess people on who they vote on today, I'm hoping we can assess what plan of action people advocated for. I am declaring my stance: it is better that we fail to reach a consensus today! But I'm wary that people seem unwilling to commit to even saying if they think we should lynch of not lynch. What do you think is the best course of action? Don't be wishy washy. We especially need to decide on a plan now so that we can implement in the "evening," one way or another, before time runs out.

Apparently, everyone in this town has dealt with Mafias before since everyone seems to know this saying, "A no-lynch doesn't help the Town." I think it hurts the Town more in longer games with more people when a voting pattern can be established and then analyzed. However, a lynch gives us information. One less person to wonder what their affiliation is. And yet again, the cut scene, which occurred in private, yet we all overheard it somehow, seems to imply that some of us have roles and we wouldn't want to lynch an operative that could help us at night.

I also agree with not lynching today. Especially if there's a chance that an undercover operative may be able to help us.

But, since we need to vote, I'll

Vote: Ron (Zepher)

For one, he doesn't have his name in his fucking signature and I had to scroll to the top to compose the vote and I'm just annoyed by that. Two, he did that *hic* —Ooo, pardon me. A bit too much whiskey perhaps—"too helpful" thing where he was the first to try to organize us and appear helpful, or be helpful as the case may be, with his "Oh golly! Well, should we vote today? I haven't read the rules but I'm rushing in to appear more helpful which may or may not indicate that I'm more interested in skating by without getting a vote than I am in reading the rules to see if there's anything that may help the Town discern the best path forward."

Just a tiny ping on my scumdar, nothing huge. May be nothing! Another whiskey please, Joyce. *hic* A double, please too, dear. Thank you. It was the first thing of substance said by any so perhaps I was like "Yay! I get to analyze something. Let's overdo it!" Anyway, day one, nothing to go on, etc. No offense, Ron. Put your name in your fucking signature already, please and thank you.

Sign in to follow this