car-2.jpg

Hi everyone!
After building some bikes me and friend (who's gonna post his entry one of these days) challenged each other to make the smallest RC vehicle possible and why not, also make it ridiculously overpowered :)
So I made this little city car, it has some brutal power given by the buggy motor connected with the fast output and geared up to 1.666. It should travel at around 10kmh but given the high center of mass, like a city car thrown at  160kmh as soon as you try to make a sharp turn it rolls over... wich I admit it's pretty fun! Indoors it performs crazy drifts and it's really enjoyable to drive around, probably geared 1:1 it would be even better for indoor usage.
I hope you'll like it !!!

Features:
- 1 Buggy motor
- 1 Buwizz

Measures:
19.3cm x 11.8cm x 8.1cm
350g weight

I'll post a video as soon as it stops raining like crazy as it is these days :D 

car-6.jpg
car-1.jpg
car-3.jpg
Car-4.jpg
Car-5.jpg

Edited by piterx

I've had a lot of fun in the past building high-powered cars at that scale! My go-to for power was 2x L-motors geared up 5x, though I did build one with a buggy motor once I got one. The light weight does wonders, and the small size at least gives the illusion of crazy speed. Have fun with that!

Looks like a lotta fun! I know how hard it's to cram RC at that scale, but yours managed to do it beautifully :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Looking forward to the video :sweet:

Ha! I kind of challenged to do something like that myself a while ago. Managed to fit three PU XL motors geared up significantly into a truck about the size of the top gear rally car. All I can say is that it was too fast and I lost a full set of PU electronics due to it landing in my cat's water bowl... Can't wait for the video!

Looks cool, curious to see the video. I wonder how the steering system is done.

I especially like the direction of making it small, though this may be an extreme case. But I have been thinking lately, that if official technic models weren’t so bulky as they are, we could have more performant and playable lightweight RC models..

7 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

I especially like the direction of making it small, though this may be an extreme case. But I have been thinking lately, that if official technic models weren’t so bulky as they are, we could have more performant and playable lightweight RC models..

Yeah, I think the only way for high-performance stuff that won't destroy the plastic too quickly is light weight.

Reverse-engineered mmyself a copy, mad little nugget :pir-thumb: 
DSC-1031.jpg
DSC-1030.jpg

Edited by syclone