This is a small display model of the Republic Frigate, also commonly known as the Republic Consular-class Cruiser. This was seen at the beginning of The Phantom Menace (the red version) and many times during the clone wars. And there was a another dark red variant at Scipio as seen in season 6 of the Clone Wars show. 

I would consider this to be a midi-scale model. It comes with a simple stand that is easy to take on/off. The model itself is pretty sturdy and the design is very straightforward. This isn't really a complicated build at all. I was just aiming to make a nice little display piece. 

51665122208_ccbd4a7741_z.jpgrepublic frigate (small) by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51665767630_9e8b25d112_z.jpgrepublic frigate (small) 2 by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

This is the dark red Scipio variant

51665573744_317893f90c_z.jpgrepublic frigate (small) by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51664892381_700501a243_z.jpgrepublic frigate (small) scipio_2 by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

And this is the version for The Phantom Menace. I made a dark red version and a regular red version. Personally I think the dark red looks better, but the official LEGO version from 2007 (I think) did use a lot of the regular red.

51665123348_7bdc97d367_z.jpgrepublic frigate (small) phantom menace (dark red) by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

51664893096_71c37aaeea_z.jpgrepublic frigate (small) by Rendili Bricks, on Flickr

I did also make instructions/parts list for this and if anyone was interested, here are the links:

Clone Wars light gray/dark red (Scipio) versions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-88820/RendiliBricks/republic-frigate/#details

The Phantom Menace dark red/regular red verions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-88833/RendiliBricks/republic-consular-class-cruiser-the-phantom-menace/#details

What do you all think? I feel like the republic frigate is a pretty underrated ship. 

Very nice, I haven’t seen this shop done at this scale before, and i’d say that you’ve nailed it, very neat and the proportions are great.

One of my favourite ships in the entirety of Star Wars! It looks phenomenal, I'm partial to the Radiant VII version personally and while I'm sure the dark red is more accurate I like the pop that the regular red one has.

The only thing nagging me is the square hole on the front of the engine nacelles, but off the top of my head I can't think of a better solution... Yet!

3 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

One of my favourite ships in the entirety of Star Wars! It looks phenomenal, I'm partial to the Radiant VII version personally and while I'm sure the dark red is more accurate I like the pop that the regular red one has.

The only thing nagging me is the square hole on the front of the engine nacelles, but off the top of my head I can't think of a better solution... Yet!

Thanks! And yea the square hole was inevitable with the technique that I used. It never really bothered me though. Using cone pieces would have solved it, but they didn't exist in the colors that I wanted.