With the year end only a couple of months away, it is time to look towards 2022 for some of the new sets that will be launching once spring rolls around.

According to a multiple sources, the next vehicle to get the LEGO Creator Expert treatment will be none other than the quintessential scooter brand, The Vespa!

From what we gather, it would not be a current model but the classic one without the side mirrors. It is rumored to be given a mint green paint job and will come with brick built accessories like helmets, flower, a newspaper tile and a bag.

It is pegged to be €99.99 but the piece count has not been confirmed yet. The launch date is slated for February which means we should see some official images at the turn of the new year.

(Source: https://www.brickfinder.net/2021/11/05/lego-creator-expert-vespa-10298-first-details/?fbclid=IwAR0j5MEHXPzITPLsWYBg1RBdUXUZpL6rnZTH2m5iou9diEgYMhM_54XNrbw)

Edited by BrickWild

Boy I sure hope it's actual mint green and not the aqua color. :moar: Though an aqua colored Vespa would still be a very nice treat, but I can imagine mint green opening the doors for "fresher" LEGO designs, especially for buildings. Either ways, can't wait for official pics!

17 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

Boy I sure hope it's actual mint green and not the aqua color. :moar: Though an aqua colored Vespa would still be a very nice treat, but I can imagine mint green opening the doors for "fresher" LEGO designs, especially for buildings. Either ways, can't wait for official pics!

Hopefully, there will be some new interesting elements, including whitewall tires!

JediJacPenguin says 10298 Vespa will have 1106 pieces.  Judging by the USD and EUR prices of 99.99, I'm expecting GBP 89.99.  

23 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

JediJacPenguin says 10298 Vespa will have 1106 pieces.  Judging by the USD and EUR prices of 99.99, I'm expecting GBP 89.99.  

So I think this one will be huge. ;-)

A small Creator Vespa, of the non 3-in-1 type similar to the New York Taxi, London Bus, High-Speed Train and Tuk-Tuk, has been spotted and posted on Brickset.  Maybe this is a miniature version of the set to come?  Either a Creator type set or maybe a GWP?

On 1/2/2022 at 10:56 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

A small Creator Vespa, of the non 3-in-1 type similar to the New York Taxi, London Bus, High-Speed Train and Tuk-Tuk, has been spotted and posted on Brickset.  Maybe this is a miniature version of the set to come?  Either a Creator type set or maybe a GWP?

It is certainly not a hoax for sure.

10 hours ago, BrickWild said:

I think it's only a couple more days left until we may see first pics.

I'd be suprised if it's Feb 1st at this point. Retailers are getting it on the 1st of March so any early acess from Lego would probably be mid Feb at this point.

Also it's looking like the colour will be Lego's "Light Blue" rather than a Minty Green...

On 1/20/2022 at 7:08 PM, Brick Clicker said:

Also it's looking like the colour will be Lego's "Light Blue" rather than a Minty Green...

Well I've got the minifig one from the Corner Garage so I'll be able to put them side by side :)

On 2/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, NoOneOfImportance said:

So do we have any more ideas of when this will be revealed? 

yeah, I’m curious about this one - I would like to know a bit more about it. 

On 2/7/2022 at 11:45 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

yeah, I’m curious about this one - I would like to know a bit more about it. 

I've been waiting to see this for too long.

I can't believe how good this is going to look next to the cool yellow Fiat 500

It brings even a perfect new tire and lots of recolours, as the Shuttle quarter dome, etc.

14 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

I can't believe how good this is going to look next to the cool yellow Fiat 500

It brings even a perfect new tire and lots of recolours, as the Shuttle quarter dome, etc.

If you look closely, there's a recolour of the rounded long slope (previously used on the Porsche 911).
When I get mine, I want to add some enhancements including a sidecar!

Looks like it's the 1960 Piaggio Vespa 125 VNB1T (#1 series MK1). Finally some realistic wheels for this size that can be used for future old-timer cars as well.
125-60.JPG

I guess the set will be unveiled The set will be officially unveiled next week, February 24th and the release date (probably with the smaller Vespa GWP) is March the 1st, same as last years Porsche 911.
Link to set details

Edited by R0Sch

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

Looks like it's the 1960 Piaggio Vespa 125 VNB1T (#1 series MK1). Finally some realistic wheels for this size that can be used for future old-timer cars as well.
125-60.JPG

I guess the set will be unveiled The set will be officially unveiled next week, February 24th and the release date (probably with the smaller Vespa GWP) is March the 1st, same as last years Porsche 911.
Link to set details

Hopefully those tires also fit on the recently released pickup truck.

1 minute ago, TheDeeGee said:

Hopefully those tires also fit on the recently released pickup truck.

They don't. Totally different size. These ones are about 9 studs (70mm) in diameter. Pickup Truck tyres are 50mm.

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

The set will be officially unveiled next week, February 24th and the release date (probably with the smaller Vespa GWP) is March the 1st, same as last years Porsche 911.
Link to set details

Many thanks for the info!!

The parts' page gives all reasons to make a day-1-two-buys to moc classic cars.

But they will be a lot bigger than typical Creator ones. I think 10265 Ford Mustang is 1:13 and this rim & tire size in a car would be close to 1:8; think of 42115 Sian

Edited by bitbamboo

Is it safe to say this is the Creator Expert vehicle for 2022? If so, that's incredibly disappointing.

I guess the Delorean would fill the void.

Edited by CDM

11 hours ago, CDM said:

Is it safe to say this is the Creator Expert vehicle for 2022? If so, that's incredibly disappointing.

I guess the Delorean would fill the void.

No, it's the licensed CE vehicle of March 2022. I'm confident we'll get another licensed vehicle in August (similar to the T2) and maybe another one in October (similar to the Pickup Truck).