800x546.png

A dusty road near Pontelli.

A coach is speeding along...

640x432.jpg

... when suddenly a dark figure jumps up - holding two pistols - and shouts: "Stand and deliver!"

800x517.jpg

With screeching tires the coach comes to a halt.

800x606.jpg

Mr. White (looking outside of the coach): "Dennis, what is up? Why are we stopping?"

640x480.jpg

Highwayman: "Because of me."

640x454.jpg

Mr. White: (screams)

Highwayman: "Now my fine friends, No false moves please."

640x512.jpg

Mr. White: "You can take my gold. But leave us in peace!"

Highwayman: "Gold? No. I want you to hand me all the tulips you got."

640x444.jpg

Mr. White: "Tulips?"

Highwayman: "Yes, tulips. Come on, come on."

Dennis M. (the coachman): "What do you mean, tulips?"

Highwayman: "Don't try and play for time."

Dennis M.: "I'm not, you mean those flowery thingies?"

Highwayman: "Yes, that's right."

Mr. White: "Well we haven't got any tulips"

Highwayman: "Look, my fine friends. I happen to know that this is the Tulip Express."

640x476.jpg

Mr. White (sighs): "Well, so much for our tulips...
     Who are you?"

Highwayman: "My name is Man. Highway Man." (laughs)

400x658.jpg

The story so far:

Something for a Lady

Buying Some Flowers

Captain Cookies next move

Gray's Universal Store

What is he doing here?

The Tulip Traders

Tulips in the Garden

The first LTP

Those Terrible Tulips

The first LTP - continued

The Holdup  (You are here)

Neighbourhood Watch and a New Idea

Tulips ... and sistershipping

A Good Idea?

A modern coin system - and someone buys a house

The Final Tulip Duel   (official end of the story line)

Tulips of Pontelli - 1st Epilogue

New Projects

2nd Tulip Epilogue

3rd Tulip Epilogue - Back at HQ

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

I got a ‘Lucky Luke’ vibe from this, if you get the reference.  The super bright colours and those rounded clouds give it all a cheery comic book feel.

This ongoing tulip 🌷 theme is of course unique and … a little nuts. I love it. :grin:

A very beautiful sky with clouds. Nice and well-built coach. The coach is only pulled by an ox??? It's a funny and strange story.

But something has changed. Pontelli tulip prices? I see! The prices for the tulips .............. (I wanted to explain, unfortunately I slipped on a banana peel).

I love the clouds of dust behind the coach's wheels, and that the highwayman holds the pistols sideways gangsta style! :pir_laugh2:

Another great entry in the tulip storyline! :thumbup:

I love a good Monty Python reference, so I couldn't help but make a comment. Great work with this MOC!

Now, I must complete this post with the accompanying song (even though the name no longer works in your case, you get the idea):

:pir-sing: Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, riding through the land, pistols in each hand,

Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, he steals from the rich to give to the poor,

Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, forevermore...

(I may have gotten some of the song wrong, couldn't quite remember it fully!)

15 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

I got a ‘Lucky Luke’ vibe from this, if you get the reference.  The super bright colours and those rounded clouds give it all a cheery comic book feel.

This ongoing tulip 🌷 theme is of course unique and … a little nuts. I love it. :grin:

Thanks.

I've been a fan of Lucky Luke comics for years.

How did you get that tulip into your text??

14 hours ago, NOD said:

A very beautiful sky with clouds. Nice and well-built coach. The coach is only pulled by an ox??? It's a funny and strange story.

(The coach is stolen from Grindelwald... )

The ox? Yes, I thought it was funny to have a "speeding" coach pulled by an ox :pir-laugh:

And no bananas in this one.

12 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I love the clouds of dust behind the coach's wheels, and that the highwayman holds the pistols sideways gangsta style! :pir_laugh2:

Well spotted! Initially the highwayman held the pistols horizontally but that did not look too good. :pir-grin:

And I am still wondering wether I should have used white clouds of dust instead.

12 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Another great entry in the tulip storyline! :thumbup:

A pleasure. :pir-sweet:

12 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I love a good Monty Python reference, so I couldn't help but make a comment. Great work with this MOC!

Now, I must complete this post with the accompanying song (even though the name no longer works in your case, you get the idea):

:pir-sing: Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, riding through the land, pistols in each hand,

Well, this time Dennis is just the coachman, And it is not about lupins.:pir-laugh:

But a lot of the dialog is directly "borrowed" from Monty Python.

6 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Not just very well done, but also very fun. 

Thank you, Sir! :pir-sweet:

On 11/6/2021 at 3:22 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

"My name is Man. Highway Man."

Mwahahahahahahaha,

The build is excellent with your usual style and the conclusion is terrific. Can't wait to see what's next in the tulip world !

With the tulips prices raising, a ship is soon to be much more affordable than a single bunch of those flowers.

Those builds!!!! :roflmao:

The "dust" effect coming from the wheels is epic and so is the background with those cute little clouds!

Edited by blackdeathgr

Looks awesome! As others have mentioned, I love the brickbuilt sky and the dust clouds. I've been eyeing that coach - it's really period appropriate

Things seem to be heating up!  Love the way the rider's expressions change but the driver seems perfectly happy right along. :pir_laugh2:

On 11/8/2021 at 11:29 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Mwahahahahahahaha,

The build is excellent with your usual style and the conclusion is terrific. Can't wait to see what's next in the tulip world !

With the tulips prices raising, a ship is soon to be much more affordable than a single bunch of those flowers.

Thanks. And why does the Professor complain - he got some tulips when they were still cheap:pir_laugh2:

On 11/8/2021 at 12:55 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Those builds!!!! :roflmao:

The "dust" effect coming from the wheels is epic and so is the background with those cute little clouds!

:pir-grin: I am thinking of changing the dust colour to white. And bring this MOC to Brickmania Antwerp next week.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:54 PM, evancelt said:

Looks awesome! As others have mentioned, I love the brickbuilt sky and the dust clouds. I've been eyeing that coach - it's really period appropriate

Yes, you may praise the dust clouds, but the coach is still borrowed from TLG :pir-laugh:

On 11/9/2021 at 2:28 AM, Kai NRG said:

Things seem to be heating up!  Love the way the rider's expressions change but the driver seems perfectly happy right along. :pir_laugh2:

You have a sharp eye.  Yes, I thought that Mr White's expressions were more important than those of Dennis M. :pir-sweet:

On 11/13/2021 at 12:39 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

:pir-grin: I am thinking of changing the dust colour to white. And bring this MOC to Brickmania Antwerp next week.

So envy that you are going to the "big-pirate ship-expo" :pir-huzzah2:

If you are keeping the tan ground, then white dust is the color to go. If you don't include tan ground, then tan dust looks more appropriate imo (especially vs the white clouds/blue sky combo).

So I took this to brickmania Antwerpen and used white. Looked ok to me.

I heard that someone wanted to meet me there, but I was outside the building taking a break. 

Now I want to know: whom did I miss? :pir-cry_sad: