XG BC

OCTRAINTOBER 2021 Breuer "rangiertraktor" and quite possibly worlds smallest lego 9v track powered vehicle

Glad to see a properly proportioned model of the Type 4! Sad to have missed this contest; I would have entered my Type 3.

the drive would fit the type 3 too i think. would just need to remove the cab. the drive itself is quite small.

it is time for an update again. having looked at it today for another time i thought: i must fix the non symetrical ends. it just triggers me to much. i tried previously but never found a good solution until now. the issue is that there simply is almost no space to mount the rear wheels whilst also making it look good.

Rangiertraktor motor V4

on the front nothing has changed

Rangiertraktor motor V4_2

but the back now looks the same as the front.

Rangiertraktor motor V4_3

the underside: here you can see the changes i made. i added another bracket to the front to make the motor more stable, cut into the bottom plate of the motor to allow for better routing of the cable and the most important change of all: the rear is now connected by two brackets upside down.

As always the file for this model can be found under the link in my signature if anyone wants to check it out or build it.

now i have eradicated the last little bit of unsymetricalness, added more details and made it so the motor doesnt fall out

2022-11-05_09-47-42

first up is the bottom: i added a corner panel and a plate to make the motor not only be held in by friction. te tension from the rubber bands would otherwise often pop the motor out.

added details

next up is the coupling mechanism. it just uses that bar hook to grab onto a round plate.

added details

one side. the other side looks the same.

added details

more detailed look from the side.

It’s so hard to make tiny builds like this one work exactly as you want and still look right. I’m so glad that you’ve been able to make some changes that improves on both aspects of the design. I’m really glad that you didn’t give up on this and kept on working to make it better.

CIMG3456_grande.jpg?v=1634466290

would have been a great thing for this years octrainber theme but i dont know if this was actually a real thing. didnt realize this earlier. doesnt matter. i may make one.

two years later...i am back at it, so now i am trying to make it all self contained. battery Situation is sorted, two coin cells are enough to power it (potentially will be changed to lipo in the future)

PXL_20240204_175550636.MV

batteries are housed here, there are custom contacts made from the legs of a resistor touching both sides.

PXL_20240204_175558712.MV

receiver is a powerfunctions v1 receiver with fried motor driver, need a mosfet driver with low enough trigger voltage to make the thing work.

PXL_20240204_175437044.MV

i have also changed the belt situation, with the previous setup the belts where falling off quite often, now each wheel gets its own belt.

well today its time...i had tried and failed to make the battery powered approach work with using the pf v1 Receiver. i just couldnt find a way to get it to power it. the batteries just couldnt heck powering the thing. so now i present you what is quite possibly the smallest track powered vehicle there is in lego form:

https://flic.kr/p/2px6GXv

the underside:

PXL_20240208_155148072.MV

and yes, despite its small size it can actually pull (in this case push but you get the idea) a quite heavy freight wagon thats a lot bigger:

https://flic.kr/p/2px7Ad2