Anonknee Muss

LEGO Monkie Kid 2022

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

the main villains seem to be.... not villains? I feel like they are friends of the monkey king, but on-off sort of friends. They have a rouge look to them, but not evil. In one scene they are all laughing around the table with DBK and in another they are all facing some big bad that has 3 minions.

Early in Journey To The West, The Monkey King forms an alliance or non-aggression treaty with various animal demons. I forget who they all are off the top of my head, but DBK is among them.

The big bad looks to be dressed like a Chinese Emperor and at least one of the 3 minions seems to be Nezha. So maybe it's the Jade Emporer, Erlang, Nezha and maybe Taishang Laojun?

On 12/2/2022 at 9:50 PM, Killian said:

I'm not so sure they are now. The villain army builder minions are called Ink Demons so, despite all my expectations that season 4 would involve time travel, I'm now wondering if MK and Mei are somehow going to be transported into the Journey To The West novel, or creatures from the novel will be brought to life, coming out of the book into the "real" world maybe? There has to be some significance to the Ink theme? 

Boom!  MK In The Memory Scroll! 

And S4 Ep1

On 1/5/2023 at 8:46 AM, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok for somebody who has all the other monkie kid sets in his collection i feel i may skip on this wave as i need to heavily cut back anyway

the sets just feel very deja vu 

How do they feel deja vu? 

The Ultra Mech couldn’t be any different from the Warrior Mech. It’s so much more solid & bulky. The articulation in the arms is SO much better than the old one. The look is completely different as well. The Hideout is remotely similar in some areas to Flower Fruit Mountain, but still distinct enough to be its own. Elephant Mech is something new too. 

Just received my copy of the combi mech and team hideout, won’t be building them till next weekend but I’m extremely excited to see how they turn out! I’m on episode 7 of the new season as well, watching with English subtitles. I hope we actually see the team hideout soon as it hasn’t yet popped up…. Is there a time frame for when we get English episodes as well? 

On 1/29/2023 at 5:53 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

Just received my copy of the combi mech and team hideout, won’t be building them till next weekend but I’m extremely excited to see how they turn out! I’m on episode 7 of the new season as well, watching with English subtitles. I hope we actually see the team hideout soon as it hasn’t yet popped up…. Is there a time frame for when we get English episodes as well? 

I don't know if the Team Hideout as a whole is going to show up... It may be that like the City of Lanterns, the specific contents of the set aren't as important as establishing a more general setting and tone. I assumed that maybe Zhu Ganglie's restaurant in episode 4 might be loosely based on the restaurant in that set, but otherwise none of the facilities in that set seem to appear in any of the ten episodes so far.

In general, apart from the two smallest sets in the wave which show up at the beginning of the season, none of the major builds from the sets this year have appeared so far (no elephant mech, no hideout, and no Ultra Mech). It's not entirely unlikely that at least some of them might appear in a later TV special that resolves this year's storyline. But honestly even if some of them don't appear I don't totally mind a more character-focused season, and the set designs are great whether they explicitly appear in the show or not.

7 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I don't know if the Team Hideout as a whole is going to show up... It may be that like the City of Lanterns, the specific contents of the set aren't as important as establishing a more general setting and tone. I assumed that maybe Zhu Ganglie's restaurant in episode 4 might be loosely based on the restaurant in that set, but otherwise none of the facilities in that set seem to appear in any of the ten episodes so far.

In general, apart from the two smallest sets in the wave which show up at the beginning of the season, none of the major builds from the sets this year have appeared so far (no elephant mech, no hideout, and no Ultra Mech). It's not entirely unlikely that at least some of them might appear in a later TV special that resolves this year's storyline. But honestly even if some of them don't appear I don't totally mind a more character-focused season, and the set designs are great whether they explicitly appear in the show or not.

Yeah, I’m on episode 8 so far, going through them 1 every 2 days. Episode 7 is definitely my favourite, great from start to finish, and the music at the end scene, god damn that was amazing! Somewhat disappointing that most of the sets don’t appear, obviously I’m hoping they show up in the special. Also annoyed that the azure lion only comes in the ultra mech, and Tang. My main hope so far is that we get a massive camel ridge castle set in the summer with all 3 demons, Tang,  the (spoiler) new monkie MK, and maybe Sandy? Not sure what we could get for the other sets, considering sets are not really tied to the show. 

just finished episode 10, spoilers ahead - 

Spoiler

Honestly, loved this season. I do wish it was a bit more tied down physically, and I wish we saw the sets more, although as a very character focused season, I'm glad we got most of the main characters in. Favourite episode - 7 (protection spell) by a long shot, loved it from start to finish, as ive said the music at the end is amazing, and the whole premise is just perfect. The real question now is do I paint one of my MK figs black? The final episodes where alright, they are definitely setting up for a massive battle at the end of the special, I'm glad we could see Redson and Nezha working together, although I find it kinda dumb that the jade emperor was killed in one swing by the azure lion (my new favourite villain, love a good twist villain) and I cant wait to see what happens next. As for sets, as much as I want a massive camel ridge set, I have a feeling that the big set next summer is just gonna be the weird MK airship that the crew fly in on for like 5 seconds and then it disappears. Although, its usually been a mid sized villain set, a large hero set and then a massive playlet so maybe a camel ridge isn't out of the question, and I do want to see an airship. I'm just hoping the azure lion comes in more sets, and Tang, its ridiculous that they are both exclusive to the monkey king ultra mech. Tang in general I have a massive problem with, hes probably my favourite of the main cast, and he is severely underused in sets. His main outfit, that he spends most seasons in, is in one retired massive set. Im hoping we get a re-release of it as there isn't really any other minifig parts that come close to looking like his robes. Really loved the 3 way villain dynamic this time around, I hope we get something like that for ninjago at some point, and I just wish they where in more sets. I'll probably try and build the yellow tusk elephant mech that seems to be a stand in for a big fig (from his mech elephant) and the azure lion, I guess ill have to wait for him to come in another set. I'd give it a solid 8/10, and it goes to 2nd on my their list of seasons (season 3 on top baby!). What do you guys think of the season now that you have seen it? 

Set names have leaked, seems interesting. No camel ridge but we are getting an azure lion mech build which is nice. Set names are: 

80046 cloud airship - 540 pieces

80047 meis guardian dragon -605 pieces 

80048 the mighty azure lion - 789 pieces

80049 the dragon of the east palace 2364 pieces (!!!!)

I'm hyped for 80049!!!!  Looks like another epic location build!  To be honest, all location builds from Monkie Kid have been awesome!

Not to sound rude or anything, but why are people talking about the 2023 sets in the 2022 fourm? There is a 2023 fourm, you know that, right?

19 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Not to sound rude or anything, but why are people talking about the 2023 sets in the 2022 fourm? There is a 2023 fourm, you know that, right?

I honestly didn't realise there was one, I thought one just wasn't made as the last one got taken down. Thanks for letting us all know, guess its time to migrate!