Anonknee Muss

LEGO Monkie Kid 2022

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Tradition is going to the store for the Modular. I’m very impatient waiting for LEGO but the Modular will at least distract me for most of the wait. :grin: A shame for sure...us MK fans are doomed to wait for the mail. Is Leceister store near you at all? Reasonable distance? 

With little hope I will be calling ahead just in case they accidentally got a shipment in. 

Ah I see, gotta keep up the tradition! Lecister square is nowhere near me, however I may be going down to London soon for medical related stuff. I can see what they have there. I agree, it’s a damn shame we have to wait for mail, all manner of things could happen to it, never mind the endless postage strikes in the UK as well. I wish you luck on the call. 

15 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’m pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but has anyone heard about these being sold in stores again with the next wave? It feels stupid to have to order the new Monkey Mech about 12 hours before I head to the LEGO store to buy the Modular. 

From recent experience ( I live in the south west of England), Brighton doesn't stick them, Cardiff is hit and miss, Bristol does stock a decent selection of monkie kid ( I was there yesterday and they had the Chinese new year sets but not the new monkie kid ones), Leicester Square stocks some ( but I've only been there once ( I was in London anyway for blood research)  and that was when the theme was new. Legoland Windsor does not seem to stock any either.

2 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

Does anyone have the parts list of the 2023 sets? Looking for Hidden Village, Ultra Mech and Yellow Tusked Elephant.

Best guess would be to ask duckbricks, or any other LAN members and maybe see if he could provide you a link to pictures from the instructions, I’m not sure though if he’s allowed to as they are not yet released. He’s a great guy so I’m sure he will be happy to help, but as they are 2023 sets and it’s not 2022, I don’t think Lego will allow it. Give it a shot, in a week the instructions will be released online anyways so you can look through there. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Technically this is 2021 discussion but I saw that the Flower Fruit Mountain is on sale on Amazon (at least in the US) for $120. It's a beautiful set and an absolute steal at that price, so if you're on the fence this is probably the time to get it.

Just now, Meadius said:

Technically this is 2021 discussion but I saw that the Flower Fruit Mountain is on sale on Amazon (at least in the US) for $120. It's a beautiful set and an absolute steal at that price, so if you're on the fence this is probably the time to get it.

Agreed, I really wish we had MK on amazon in the UK. I can guarantee that I would have a lot more of the sets if they where more available. take advantage of it! 

3 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

Does anyone have the parts list of the 2023 sets? Looking for Hidden Village, Ultra Mech and Yellow Tusked Elephant.

The sets are up on Lego's website, so the instruction PDFs with the parts listed should be downloadable.

photo_2022-12-27_10-52-39 (7)

Anybody know when the Monkey King Marketplace polybag will be available? Don't want to buy all the MK stuff I want in January for these promos if the polybag is coming soon but only available with MK purchases like the last one?

1 minute ago, Killian said:

The sets are up on Lego's website, so the instruction PDFs with the parts listed should be downloadable.

photo_2022-12-27_10-52-39 (7)

Anybody know when the Monkey King Marketplace polybag will be available? Don't want to buy all the MK stuff I want in January for these promos if the polybag is coming soon but only available with MK purchases like the last one?

Something is telling me it will be a Chinese new year thing, I really hope not though. I may email Customer Service and see what I can track down. As for instructions, they’re often not up until a couple days after the sets release. 

6 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

As for instructions, they’re often not up until a couple days after the sets release. 

Oh yeah, just checked the 2023 Hideout set on Lego.com and there's no instructions yet. Boo!

I'm getting super curious for season 4 of the MK show.. I have so many questions!

If time travel is involved, will we be seeing Mei's ancestor in the summer wave in his horse or Dragon form?

What is Mo if he was a kitten in the Ming Dynasty? A demon? He's not like any of Sandy's other cats who all mysteriously disappeared after the pilot episode.

In season 3 Tang said he'd met Pigsy's parents, who are anthro pigs in the photographs in Pigsy's restaurant; yet in the novel, Zhu Bajie was put in the womb of a normal pig . Maybe season 4 will answer the questions of who Sandy, Tang and Pigsy really are? Are they the original pilgrims with false memories? , descendents of the original pilgrims? or reincarnated versions of the pilgrims?

Why could MK lift the staff before meeting Sun Wukong? Is he descended from The Monkey King's children from the unofficial sequel novel? Is he a hair clone with false memories? What's going on with these people? We need answers dagnabbit!

2 hours ago, Killian said:

While I’m also not getting the Hideout day one, I’m saving the Elephant mech for the polybag. It’s probably going to have a $75 buy in...judging by LEGO’s stupidly high thresholds lately.

55 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

the polybag. It’s probably going to have a $75 buy in...judging by LEGO’s stupidly high thresholds lately.

Yeah. I got 6 of the previous MK Underwater Journey polybags. I bet I'll be lucky if I can afford 2 of the Market one. 

I'll laugh so hard if the brown Chicken from the polybag and Hideout sets is the main villain. Lego have a history of evil chickens with Wu's chicken nemesis in Ninjago....

Edited by Killian

2 hours ago, Killian said:

I'll laugh so hard if the brown Chicken from the polybag and Hideout sets is the main villain. Lego have a history of evil chickens with Wu's chicken nemesis in Ninjago....

It has to be Azure Lion. He has this boss like aura and considering the Ink Demons have a lion head on their armor I assume the Ink Demons are Azure Lion's army. That's why I find strange he is exclusive to only one set and doesn't even have a build on his own. I hope the summer wave includes him in more sets.

3 hours ago, Bloquerto said:

It has to be Azure Lion. He has this boss like aura and considering the Ink Demons have a lion head on their armor I assume the Ink Demons are Azure Lion's army. That's why I find strange he is exclusive to only one set and doesn't even have a build on his own. I hope the summer wave includes him in more sets.

I think it's not at all unlikely that the Azure Lion will get some sort of mech/vehicle in the summer. It's rather customary for the summer sets to have the same villain faction as the previous one, at least for some of the sets. It's pretty reasonable to assume that that might include a mech/vehicle for the only major demon in the trio without one of his own yet.

Beyond just his overall intimidation factor, the Azure Lion also has his right arm seemingly surrounded in ink (the arm is black and on that side of his torso you can see the purple/black ooze shared with the ink demons encroaching on the rest of his body). This is reason enough to believe that either he's using the Ink Demons or they're using him.

Quick question regarding the GWP stuff, I have gotten a couple of official Lego e-gift cards, if I was to use them on the combi mech and the hideout, (plus the ninjago ice dragon), would I be able to get the blacktron GWP? This is somewhat off topic, but I figured as the majority of my order is MK, I figured I’d ask here. So will Lego gift cards work for getting GWP, or am I gonna need to spend the regular money to get it? January 1st is looking good if I can just use the E-gift cards.

17 hours ago, Bloquerto said:

The Azure Lion and The Golden Winged Eagle are both partially covered in/made of ink. The Yellow Tusked Elephant doesn't have any ink and he has the biggest villain set in the wave so far. I think the Elephant may be in charge and has summoned all the other demons from the scroll maybe? Though his vehicle has scales and snake imagery, which gives a measure of credence to the fanwank theory that the big reveal could be that The Python Demon from the book could be behind everything maybe? He has shadow powers and a red motif in the novel, so he could even be connected to The 6 Eared Macaque's faction. 

I still hope the brown chicken is the big bad though :iamded_lol:

Has anyone happened to have found a review that shows the combined City of Lanterns and Monkie Kid’s team hideout? For the life of me, I can’t get a good look at the two of them.

I just ordered the Hideout.

Can't promise to build it immediately, but when I'm done and noone has posted photos of the combined sets til then, I may as well do it. :-)

Really excited either way, I like those play sets of the MK waves

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Has anyone happened to have found a review that shows the combined City of Lanterns and Monkie Kid’s team hideout? For the life of me, I can’t get a good look at the two of them.

I take it you’ve seen the pictures in the instruction manual? Maybe ask online if anyone will do a combo vid from lan? I believe masters of brickjitzu may have both and so does duckbricks. I’m sure both would be happy to get a video out of that. 

5 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I take it you’ve seen the pictures in the instruction manual? Maybe ask online if anyone will do a combo vid from lan? I believe masters of brickjitzu may have both and so does duckbricks. I’m sure both would be happy to get a video out of that. 

No, I actually have not. Thank you, I will check that out!

The intro for season 4 just appeared, I'm expecting Chinese episodes to start dropping in the next few days. This looks so so good, the crew all have new outfits and powers, the combi jet is shown off (which I recently picked up and am yet to build) and interestingly enough, the main villains seem to be.... not villains? I feel like they are friends of the monkey king, but on-off sort of friends. They have a rouge look to them, but not evil. In one scene they are all laughing around the table with DBK and in another they are all facing some big bad that has 3 minions. The tablet scriptures also have a major part in the intro, forming long trails that wrap around the shots. The big bad seems interesting, I'm hoping we get him in the summer wave, along with the temple that Mei is in-front of in her new character shot. The last shot is them facing the ink demons, which seem to be the actual villains. 

Honestly I cant wait for this now, ive sort of fallen out of love with the monkie kid secret HQ (ive backordered it) but im hoping the new show will bring me back. This intro certainly makes me feel that way, I cannot wait!