Anonknee Muss

LEGO Monkie Kid 2022

Wow this wave is such a love letter to fans. The smallest sets are obviously cheap, something I’ve been wanting forever, and the mech set looks to have the exo-armoured MK from the fire ring( can only see his head so the rest of him may be exclusive), which is amazing as I was gonna get that set just for him. Dragon jet looks really weak, just a flying box with some wings, hopefully it has a feature, but it’s cheap so I can get it. Mech also has the connecting pins for the other shops and buildings, love that. Yellow tusk elephant mech is amazing, such a chima esq build and I think it looks so cool, completely armoured up. I hope it has some more features. And finally, the hide out. Wow, I’m seeing so many references. Same technique used on meis house as the original dragon jet wings, there’s a less futuristic version of pigsys noodles, MKs bike is an obvious callback to his delivery bike promo, and the temple itself looks like it could fit seamlessly with flower fruit mountain. I love it, even if it isn’t a container base. The villains look really cool, I like the side builds but I’m gonna need more context with box art for some of them. I love this whole wave, weakest sets are probably a tie between the giant mech and the dragon jet, everything else is top tier. 

Wave looks like everything I wanted out of it. Not a huge fan of the dragon jet, but I suspect there’s more to it than we’re seeing so far. Given the other 20$ set is called a “combi-mech”, I would not be surprised if the jet unfolds into a jet pack or armor of some sort for it given the hinges and bars visible on the lower part of the jet.

Looks good. especially more smaller sets, but especially for the bigger sets, theme is still suffering from being full priced most of the time, only discounted when trying to get rid of end-of-life stock.

That said, I do have some stand out sets that are unique and fun, the theme is quite varied , even next year.

Edited by TeriXeri

The time travel theory seems to be confirmed then. Looks like MK and Mei have travelled back in time.

And I'm so confused...

The series has established that Tang has met Pigsy's parents in the modern era, suggesting that Tang, Pigsy and probably Sandy are likely reincarnations of or descendants of the original pilgrims from the novel. The Zhu Bajie in the new sets looks to be a different shade of pink than Pigsy, suggesting they aren't the same guy?

Yet in the hideout set, which is obviously meant to be in the past since Speedy Panda is using an older logo, we see Mo as a kitten suggesting that maybe Sha Wujing is the modern Sandy but has somehow forgotten his original journey?

Also Mo is at least 379 years old?! Maybe Mo has been the main villain all along, pulling strings from the shadows :roflmao:

Anyway, I like that there's 2 affordable sets even though they feel a bit redundant since MK already has 57 mechs and it's not been that long since we got a Dragon Jet, however I get that The White Dragon Horse Jet and Monkey Mech are basically this theme's Batmobile/Destiny's Bounty/Generic Section of Hogwarts that a version of needs to be available regularly for kids to have access to the key vehicles. I guess MK and Mei will be sticking to their trademark vehicles in their visit to the past. I'm hoping Mei's Jet has a transformation or a way to attach to the Monkey Mech so it feels like something new rather than a worse version of the original. I'll probably still buy at least 2 to army build the villains.

I'm trying to work out who the generic black shadow looking Ninjago Oni villain army builders with the black power blast pieces are supposed to be from the novel? I can't tell if they have beaks or moustaches from the images. They don't feel like they have the Wow Factor that the Bull Clones, Bone Spirits and Shadow Clones had from previous waves, but maybe they'll grow on me when I have them in hand. I imagine Castle fans will want their black swords and bows for the Black Falcons maybe?

I'm underwhelmed with The Yellow Tusk Elephant large creature. Chima did it better. But I'm biased because elephant toys don't interest me, I prefer flying or furry clawed animals I suppose. Maybe the TV show will sell it to me. Or maybe it has some kind of interesting interior feature that'll get me interested when we see more pictures? The fist looking build on it's butt suggests it may have an anthro or mech transformation? I wish they'd used a different ring element for it's piercings, it looks like it's wearing last year's powerful collectables as a fashion statement. The Bacon Brig/Pork Prison cart is a nice little build that can connect to other vehicles. can't tell yet if Mei's outfit is exclusive to this set or not. I like that we get 2 silver goblets on Mei's hoverboard. Yeah, I'm calling it a hoverboard because she's trying to get back to the future.

I'll LOL so hard if season 4's resolution involves Tusk Whitener.

Also; Trivia Time! in this country we call something nobody wants a "White Elephant" Because White Elephants were traditionally given to someone you didn't like because the animals are expensive to care for and it was an easy way to bankrupt a rival. It tickles me way more than it should that Lego are literally giving us an expensive White Elephant :roflmao:

I love the Hideout set! It's the mash-up of Kung Fu Panda and Mulan that I didn't know I needed. I like that there's an early generation Speedy Panda store. I wonder if the civilian in the set is an ancestor of Pan or Lee from set 80026? It looks like Pigsy's section could lift off to combine with set 80036?

I wonder if the scene is meant to be a section of Flower Fruit Mountain, though I'd expect monkeys? Maybe it's Vulture Peak and the rotating section in the shrine will reveal a scroll? Speaking of the shrine, it reminds me of the traditional Chinese shrines a lot of homes kept to honour their ancestors. I can't wait to find out what all those Chinese characters in the set mean. The shrine has the top of MK's staff sticking out of the top of it, I wonder if he turned his staff into a shrine? Or is he using the staff to keep something sealed away in the mountain? Maybe the scroll from the end of season 3? Or one of the golden weapons (which apart from MK's Staff and Mei's Sword seem conspicuously absent from the sets. Where's Sandy, Pigsy and Tang's weapons from the box art? I mean, it looks like there might be a rake on the wall inside Pigsy's shop, but it's brown). It looks like there might be something white in the lower cave behind the bamboo, maybe a Mei vehicle?

Glad I ordered this

!                                                                                                                                      s-l500

Since Lego have cheaped out on not giving us a new hat element for Zhu Bajie/Pigsy. Yeah, that's right Lego, I see you! :hmpf:

Urgh;   Thing I hate doing = Writing Essays.

Thing I just did = Wrote an Essay. 

*Facepalms*

Sets are on Lego . Com. Best wave yet, hands down. Sorry 2021 monkie kid. Cheap sets, stellar figs, amazing builds. And the hide out is just £90! I hope that doesn’t change, the backside looks good as well. Armour MK in the small mech too. This is amazing. Dragon jet looks way better now that I know it does combine.

CHEAP MONKEY KID SETS?!?!?! *oh2*

They look good and LEGO would have charged $5 more for them in the past.

Love the hideout! First off....Baby Mo!! :moar: Young Mei & (I assume) MK, even though I can tell if he has medium legs. Base looks awesome & now I have to make more room somewhere for it. 

Brickset has a set listed as “Monkie Kid Marketplace.” No picture but it’s definitely a buy for me. And again....need to make more space. 

33 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Love the hideout! First off....Baby Mo!! :moar: Young Mei & (I assume) MK, even though I can tell if he has medium legs. Base looks awesome & now I have to make more room somewhere for it. 

Brickset has a set listed as “Monkie Kid Marketplace.” No picture but it’s definitely a buy for me. And again....need to make more space. 

I was gonna ask about it, it’s in a different number range and we just heard about it now. So is it legit?

11 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Wow this wave is such a love letter to fans. The smallest sets are obviously cheap, something I’ve been wanting forever, and the mech set looks to have the exo-armoured MK from the fire ring( can only see his head so the rest of him may be exclusive), which is amazing as I was gonna get that set just for him. Dragon jet looks really weak, just a flying box with some wings, hopefully it has a feature, but it’s cheap so I can get it. Mech also has the connecting pins for the other shops and buildings, love that. Yellow tusk elephant mech is amazing, such a chima esq build and I think it looks so cool, completely armoured up. I hope it has some more features. And finally, the hide out. Wow, I’m seeing so many references. Same technique used on meis house as the original dragon jet wings, there’s a less futuristic version of pigsys noodles, MKs bike is an obvious callback to his delivery bike promo, and the temple itself looks like it could fit seamlessly with flower fruit mountain. I love it, even if it isn’t a container base. The villains look really cool, I like the side builds but I’m gonna need more context with box art for some of them. I love this whole wave, weakest sets are probably a tie between the giant mech and the dragon jet, everything else is top tier. 

The Fire Ring is a great set. The build is actually pretty cool, a new kind of swooshing...rolling it along. The big draw for me was getting 6 eared Macaque & Lady Bone Demon together. Then I ordered Princess Iron Fan so now I have lol the villains so far. 

42 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I was gonna ask about it, it’s in a different number range and we just heard about it now. So is it legit?

Since Brickset has it listed I would imagine so. Not sure why it hasn’t been revealed yet though. They haven’t officially reviewed them yet by way of an article,,,so maybe they’re waiting on that set for some reason? It better be legit because it sounds amazing. 

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

The number range indicates it's probably a polybag set (which are numbered differently). Most of the sets with names but no images come from Lego's customer service database, with pages made for the sets but no instructions uploaded (yet).

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

The Fire Ring is a great set. The build is actually pretty cool, a new kind of swooshing...rolling it along. The big draw for me was getting 6 eared Macaque & Lady Bone Demon together. Then I ordered Princess Iron Fan so now I have lol the villains so far. 

Since Brickset has it listed I would imagine so. Not sure why it hasn’t been revealed yet though. They haven’t officially reviewed them yet by way of an article,,,so maybe they’re waiting on that set for some reason? It better be legit because it sounds amazing. 

Could it be a polybag?

5 minutes ago, Maple said:

Could it be a polybag?

Ugh, I hope not. That would be disappointing. But it must be. Considering they’re apparently going in a time travel angle it would’ve been awesome to get a medium to large set looking something like the lower levels of Ninjago City sets. Ah well...

45 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

they’re apparently going in a time travel angle 

I'm not so sure they are now. The villain army builder minions are called Ink Demons so, despite all my expectations that season 4 would involve time travel, I'm now wondering if MK and Mei are somehow going to be transported into the Journey To The West novel, or creatures from the novel will be brought to life, coming out of the book into the "real" world maybe? There has to be some significance to the Ink theme? 

Maybe the big bad is trying to rewrite the story and that will somehow change history?

It's a shame that the Gold and Silver Horn Demons aren't in this wave, a lot of people missed out on them in that 1 set they appeared in. 

I'm surprised the huge fan favourite character Red Son isn't in any of the sets. He would have been an easy inclusion in one of the cheaper sets, maybe in his end of season 3 fire training outfit. Maybe we'll get different characters in the Market polybag?

Just checked the prices on the UK Lego site, none of the recent reveals feel overpriced except maybe the biggest Monkey King Ultra Mech.

Looks like the only way to get all 5 of the Legendary Weapons is to buy set 80044

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Ugh, I hope not. That would be disappointing. But it must be. Considering they’re apparently going in a time travel angle it would’ve been awesome to get a medium to large set looking something like the lower levels of Ninjago City sets. Ah well...

I agree, but the set number being weird makes me think it's a polybag or one of those 4 pack minifigure packs that are exclusive to LEGO.

Just now, Maple said:

I agree, but the set number being weird makes me think it's a polybag or one of those 4 pack minifigure packs that are exclusive to LEGO.

Minifig pack would be amazing but I think the RC race is still available, so it’s probably a polybag. What could they do though for one? Last year (or this year I guess) we got the underwater journey, so hopefully this one is a summer teaser. 

2 hours ago, Killian said:

I'm not so sure they are now. The villain army builder minions are called Ink Demons so, despite all my expectations that season 4 would involve time travel, I'm now wondering if MK and Mei are somehow going to be transported into the Journey To The West novel, or creatures from the novel will be brought to life, coming out of the book into the "real" world maybe? There has to be some significance to the Ink theme? 

Maybe the big bad is trying to rewrite the story and that will somehow change history?

It's a shame that the Gold and Silver Horn Demons aren't in this wave, a lot of people missed out on them in that 1 set they appeared in. 

I'm surprised the huge fan favourite character Red Son isn't in any of the sets. He would have been an easy inclusion in one of the cheaper sets, maybe in his end of season 3 fire training outfit. Maybe we'll get different characters in the Market polybag?

Just checked the prices on the UK Lego site, none of the recent reveals feel overpriced except maybe the biggest Monkey King Ultra Mech.

Looks like the only way to get all 5 of the Legendary Weapons is to buy set 80044

Looking at the Hideout though, two things have definitely scream past, Mei & Mo being younger. Can’t really tell if MK has medium legs, but I’m assuming as much. Those Ink guys, in the face, remind me a lot of the Putty Patrol from Power Rangers  :laugh: Scratch part of that...looking again at the pictures Mei doesn’t have medium legs. The one shot of her in the weapons shack muddled it. MK & Mei might be transported after all. 

I like the Cloud Roadster well enough, but those two were the main attraction for sure. Love those guys. 

1 hour ago, Maple said:

That could work & potentially be a better option. I didn’t particularly like the MK one that we did get, but there’s been a few that I like. That could be a neat way to get a couple stalls to maybe populate City of Lanterns or add to it. 

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Minifig pack would be amazing but I think the RC race is still available, so it’s probably a polybag. What could they do though for one? Last year (or this year I guess) we got the underwater journey, so hopefully this one is a summer teaser. 

Like I said above, stalls. Although with a polybag it would be just one stall. Surely something Pigsy related. 

Edited by Vindicare

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I never did get that Polybag and it's one of the better ones LEGO has made recently.

Saw the pictures, I like a lot this wave. My favorite set is definitely the MK team hideout. Though is odd Azure Lion is exclusive to the new Monkey King mech. Given he has a cape and a bit more detail than Yellow Tusk Elephant and Golden Winged Eagle, I assumed he is the big boss. But I'm surprised he doesn't have any vehicle or a castle. Weird. That's why I believe we will get a second wave for this season 4. And hopefully, they include Azure Lion and Tripitaka in more sets.

The villain army builder minions are called Ink Demons

I believe is Azure Lion the one who creates these Ink Demons. If you look closely, his right arm is completely black with purple. I assume he somehow got ink powers and that way he created Ink General and the Ink Demons to make his army.

Edited by Bloquerto

Great looking new sets. The more sets that can combine with the City of Lanterns, the better! Doesn't look like a lot here can, but hopefully better zooms of the Modular section of the box back will be encouraging.

14 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

RC Race is sold out on the UK Lego site.

I placed so many separate orders to get multiples of the Underwater Journey Polybag. Will probably end up doing the same again next year

44 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that the exclusive monkey king from the heavenly realms?

I did a quick check on Brickset, and it looks to me that the torso and hair are the same between this polybag, the Flower Fruit Mountain, and the Heavenly Realms. The face is different in each, and the legs from this polybag are new (or maybe taken from another minifigure).