Anonknee Muss

LEGO Monkie Kid 2022

It's been stated that there is no intention for a Ninjago/Chima crossover, with Tommy Andreasen saying something along the lines of "They're probably better separate" IIRC.

Even if flying bark isn’t doing it anymore, the series is continuing, as we already know 2023 sets have been designed and that Jeremy left the show after season 3 and has mentioned leaving it in good hands for future seasons. I wouldn’t be surprised if, after the increasing sales for the current wave (at least, from what I’ve seen at my stores, they went from barely selling to selling out regularly), the next season, which will be the start of a new story arc, is used as a way to “soft relaunch” the theme and finally get it into some physical stores

15 hours ago, mrfang2 said:

Even if flying bark isn’t doing it anymore, the series is continuing, as we already know 2023 sets have been designed and that Jeremy left the show after season 3 and has mentioned leaving it in good hands for future seasons. I wouldn’t be surprised if, after the increasing sales for the current wave (at least, from what I’ve seen at my stores, they went from barely selling to selling out regularly), the next season, which will be the start of a new story arc, is used as a way to “soft relaunch” the theme and finally get it into some physical stores

I hope so, a soft reboot in 2023 to get worldwide retail. 

I'm interested in where they're going with Red Son's redemption arc. After season 3 revealed

Spoiler

that The Fire of Samadhi was originally the power he was born with, I wonder if his offer to train Mei in firebending is part of a ploy for him to get his full power back? Though I imagine he'll bond with Mei along the way and take the power from her to save her from being destroyed by using the power against The Lady Bone Demon, since he's probably the only person who can use it safely. I expect he'll be the one to defeat Lady Bone Demon to save Mei from what would likely be a suicide mission maybe?

When do you think we're likely to get leaks/reveals for the next Monkie Kid wave?

Anyone backorder the City of Lanterns? They said it would be shipping by the 27th of January but mine still says it's awaiting new stock. I don't think I've ever really backordered a set so I don't know if I should call LEGO to see what's up or if it's just that they still don't have a ton of stock and are still going through the backlog of orders for it.

Aside from Mei's Dragon Car this is pretty much the only set from this 2022 wave I don't have. 

Edited by Lady Bone Demon

On 2/5/2022 at 11:35 AM, Killian said:

When do you think we're likely to get leaks/reveals for the next Monkie Kid wave?

Monkie Kid being D2C outside of Asia, it doesn't get a lot of leaks (some have theorized that City of Lanterns was mistaken for a Ninjago City expansion, but it could have been wishful thinking). They'll most likely be revealed in May, assuming the next wave comes out in June.

14 hours ago, KingOfLiberation said:

Monkie Kid being D2C outside of Asia, it doesn't get a lot of leaks (some have theorized that City of Lanterns was mistaken for a Ninjago City expansion, but it could have been wishful thinking). They'll most likely be revealed in May, assuming the next wave comes out in June.

I am hoping so. :wub:

On 2/5/2022 at 7:34 PM, Lady Bone Demon said:

Anyone backorder the City of Lanterns? They said it would be shipping by the 27th of January but mine still says it's awaiting new stock. I don't think I've ever really backordered a set so I don't know if I should call LEGO to see what's up or if it's just that they still don't have a ton of stock and are still going through the backlog of orders for it.

Aside from Mei's Dragon Car this is pretty much the only set from this 2022 wave I don't have. 

City of Lanterns finally moved to warehouse as opposed to waiting for new stock 🙏

On 2/7/2022 at 8:55 AM, KingOfLiberation said:

That’s my thought as well even though I can’t understand how anyone could mix up the two. If the minifigs weren’t a big enough hint, the base of the set is a dead giveaway. Am doing the rumor for the expansion was a 16x32. So I’m really puzzled by that rumor. 

To my knowledge Monkie Kid has never gotten any set leaks before reveal and it would be weird if CoL was the one exception. But  even so it's very clearly not Ninjago - the minifigures are wrong, the base is clearly not modular-style and lacks water, and the set number (usually one of the first things leaked about any set) is in the wrong range - 8****, which is reserved for Chinese festivals and MK, as opposed to Ninjago being consistently 7****. The NC expansion rumors are almost certainly because of wishful thinking and some educated guesswork.

Do we know when the new monkie kid sets will come to platforms like amazon? I would love to get some on sale.

On 3/24/2022 at 5:02 AM, CodFather1 said:

Do we know when the new monkie kid sets will come to platforms like amazon? I would love to get some on sale.

They are only sold on Lego website or in an official Lego store.  

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

Not here in Australia. Eventually they end up at Myer, Target and Amazon. For example, the White Bone Demon is currently on sale for $110 on Amazon Australia.

https://www.amazon.com.au/LEGO-80028-Monkie-Demon-Playset/dp/B094VMHCRR/ref=pd_cart_vw_1_1/356-1202788-2730400?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B094VMHCRR&pd_rd_r=742b11bb-2724-420c-a3ce-e56375852e36&pd_rd_w=i7dxS&pd_rd_wg=X7wJq&pf_rd_p=e7ab6944-abad-487d-8eee-e34aa73eb074&pf_rd_r=PD35D22XQXZY6CKYNFFJ&psc=1&refRID=PD35D22XQXZY6CKYNFFJ

7 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

Is that online or in store to?  Not here in the us at target, but amazon has a few discounted.  They must have released them it used to just be through lego.  I'm still waiting for the evil monkey mech to show up out here.  

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

Is that online or in store to?  Not here in the us at target, but amazon has a few discounted.  They must have released them it used to just be through lego.  I'm still waiting for the evil monkey mech to show up out here.  

They show up occasionally in stores like Myer and Toymate, but I'm pretty sure those stores don't exist in the US. It's mostly online only.

14 hours ago, zoth33 said:

No they aren't. They have been sold on Amazon in the USA for months, Fruit Flower Mountain was $120 last fall. Awesome set BTW. In the USA the line is an Amazon exclusive because they also bought the show.

Edited by Maple

2 hours ago, Maple said:

No they aren't. They have been sold on Amazon in the USA for months, Fruit Flower Mountain was $120 last fall. Awesome set BTW. In the USA the line is an Amazon exclusive because they also bought the show.

Read my other response I messed up.  I forgot about that the amazon thing I'm not on it all the time like my wife lol.  Also yes  I have fruit flower mountain it's a wonderful set.  I really want the evil monkey mech looks good.  

On 3/25/2022 at 7:03 PM, CodFather1 said:

This makes sense. Australia is part of the same Asia-Pacific region for Lego as China, where the sets are also more widely available.

Don't have any insight into when specific online storefronts like Amazon Australia will have the new sets, unfortunately. Hopefully you can find some answers somewhere!

On 4/3/2022 at 3:40 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Any new when Season 3 will get an english dub?

I think it should be out later this spring but have not seen anything specific.  

So the new sets are supposed to be available right? I haven’t seen them anywhere in Australia and I just figured the release was delayed but . .  It’s mid-April now and still, nothing. 

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So the new sets are supposed to be available right? I haven’t seen them anywhere in Australia and I just figured the release was delayed but . .  It’s mid-April now and still, nothing. 

I think we will see them in stores by the time the next wave comes around. No way to be sure though.

16 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

which sets are you talking about?

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

which sets are you talking about?

They are talking about the sets that released on January 1st this year at Lego.com

3 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

They are talking about the sets that released on January 1st this year at Lego.com

Ok only one lego store out of the 2 in Connecticut even has the Monkie kid sets.  I haven't been to the one in Danbury in a few weeks so they might have the new mech.  The one in Hartford has no Monkie kid sets as I went there today.  I guess it depends on where you go and what each store has in stock.