Anonknee Muss

LEGO Monkie Kid 2022

This wave pleases me greatly. Not a huge fan of mei’s car, but the fire wheel more than makes up for it, the characters seem to have multiple new outfits and expressions, a good few new characters, and while the factory isn’t quite what I expected it’s a nice little space station set and the city is amazing looking. 

the staff creations definitely furthers my theory that the gang will reforge the staff with a new ability to become what mk is thinking about, allowing quick changes in vehicles to throw lbd off, but it seems like mei is the one wielding whatever the ring weapons turn out to be

City of Lanterns is the best one of the wave  for sure!

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Huh. While Nezha does have a double-bun style hairpiece, it’s NOT the one that recently leaked *huh* Is it a Friends piece after all?

Ninjago?

Could be some sort of Pop Idol character

City of Lanterns is fantastic and I sure love the Mei Dragon Car.

Mei Vehicles like the 2021 jet and the 2022 appeal to me as they capture some sci-fi style that attracted me back into LEGO via Nexo, and this color scheme is just nice , getting 2 red monkeys is cool as well, they fit right in with jestro's lava monster as well as monkie kid.

Neon Yellow parts and the green dragon shooter are also :pir-love:

Edited by TeriXeri

Wow. Best wave yet I think! I never bought any set nor will I but pretty cool designs and also great deals! Much more interesting space ship than we get from SW! So many cool parts connections!

I hope them new parts and prints get available again over B&P. I love how MK is recolouring all the shoulder pieces from Ninjago.

I love how the City of Lanterns is built on seperate modules so you can make this street layout, will work very well with 3-in-1 scale, or City Road plates.

80036_alt4.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

These keep getting better and I love the black and red monkey baddies. They are my favorite of the theme. I'm glad they are reusing those pieces and fit and feels different, unlike the over overused NinjaGo modern day snakes which I loved and just over now.

I do love the fact the big set is modular, but the coaster around the set really makes it pop to me even though it does look good in street form.

The prices bother me. The City of Lanterns is an amazing value I'm afraid is a mistake. But then there is the Moon Cake set that has hundreds of less pieces as the mech and only slightly cheaper.

I haven't bought any Monkey Kid sets yet, mainly because of no sales and bad prices, but I love the pieces and the theme is a lot of fun. I still miss Hidden Side but MK is a blast too.

Edited by Maple

Wow this wave is great. I really like the City of Lanterns and Macaque's Mech, I'll have to try and pick up both of them at some point. The other sets are good too, especially Nezha's ring, but I don't have unlimited funds so I think I'll have to skip them. Also, is it just me or are there even more variants of the characters than usual? I don't mind, but it is kind of weird. The evil monkies are cool too, I'm glad we're finally getting some more massable evil soldiers that aren't the boars.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

These keep getting better and I love the black and red monkey baddies. They are my favorite of the theme. I'm glad they are reusing those pieces and fit and feels different, unlike the over overused NinjaGo modern day snakes which I loved and just over now.

I do love the fact the big set is modular, but the coaster around the set really makes it pop to me even though it does look good in street form.

The prices bother me. The City of Lanterns is an amazing value I'm afraid is a mistake. But then there is the Moon Cake set that has hundreds of less pieces as the mech and only slightly cheaper.

I haven't bought any Monkey Kid sets yet, mainly because of no sales and bad prices, but I love the pieces and the theme is a lot of fun. I still miss Hidden Side but MK is a blast too.

I just checked the Warrior Mech, it has 1629 pieces for the same price as this City of Lanterns set, which has 2187. Hard to believe the price is $150...but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for sure. 

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

Wow this wave is great. I really like the City of Lanterns and Macaque's Mech, I'll have to try and pick up both of them at some point. The other sets are good too, especially Nezha's ring, but I don't have unlimited funds so I think I'll have to skip them. Also, is it just me or are there even more variants of the characters than usual? I don't mind, but it is kind of weird. The evil monkies are cool too, I'm glad we're finally getting some more massable evil soldiers that aren't the boars.

I noticed that as well. Seems like an unusual amount of new torso prints this wave. 

Wave looks great.  I really like the red and black monkey guys.  The mech is nice.  Some great looking figs in this wave and some great new pieces too.  

I love all the sets, especially City of Lanterns and Macaque's Mech. City of Lanterns reminds me a lot of the Ninjago City modulars. I hope someone make a mod of City of Lanterns to connect it with the Ninjago City sets. About the minifigures, they're great. I love Chang'e, Nezha and Macaque. He even has his six ears!

Can anyone tell what sets are inside the LEGO store in the City? I’m seeing what looks to be a classic space set that I don’t recognize on one of the shelves? 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Can anyone tell what sets are inside the LEGO store in the City? I’m seeing what looks to be a classic space set that I don’t recognize on one of the shelves? 

From top to bottom:

Edited by Aanchir

So another fun little easter egg I noticed is the bunny mech being labeled "3708": https://brickset.com/sets/3708-1/Rufus-Rabbit The little bunny zooming around a mooncake logo that evokes the classic space logo is also cute! I love the spacey rabbit and carrot motifs.

Macaque now has a new hair piece that actually has six visible ears! And there are six ears built onto his mech, too. Minifigure Sandy in the mech set looks great too, and dispels any worries I might've had that it'd be hard for me to adjust to him no longer being a bigfig.

Nezha's Fire Ring set looks epic and I LOVE the idea of a giant wheel bike using the roller coaster track. Macaque's speeder there looks neat too, as does Lady Bone Demon's throne.

The Galactic Explorer set continues to look amazing and I like the rear thruster now that we have a better look at it. I'm glad that Pigsy comes in a spacesuit in the Chang'e set so we can get the whole crew in that costume change.

And the City of Lanterns... just WOW! I love how they managed to keep the consistent modular format of the buildings from the first year's sets and turn that into a vertical layout with a elevated train and everything! There's so many great details and easter eggs.

30 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

From top to bottom:

Thanks! 

Can anyone tell how deep City of Lanterns is? It looks to be 44 wide. I think it’s about 20, with most being 16 but the middle section under the tracks stick out a bit further. 

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I just checked the Warrior Mech, it has 1629 pieces for the same price as this City of Lanterns set, which has 2187. Hard to believe the price is $150...but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for sure. 

It's hard to compare sets from one year to the next. I feel MK sets are better values with each year. The first wave was really bad with the prices. I figured the City would be $180 as that would seem to be the normal MK pricepoint.

Plus there is that horrible City Hall set that's $200 and this looks a lot more filling for $50 less.

The set with the 3 smaller models shows the new stud shooter shooting a 1x1 tile, I like that it can shoot both studs and tiles, gives a good reason for redesign.

(the 3-tile-shooter-flick-fire shooter introduced with City Fire 2019 wasn't great)

City of Lanterns also makes me even more excited how the 3-in-1 Noodle Shop set will look (summer 2022)

Edited by TeriXeri