Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

Best LEGO Advertisments

So I recently dug these out and put them in a thread:

So, what other LEGO adverts do you enjoy? What did you think was pretty cool? Any other cool promotional shorts to share?

Any of the ads from the mid 2000s to early 2010's era. All those super realistic  backgrounds and setpieces really blow my mind. Like, just imagine how much work must have went into constructing those highly elaborate and realistic sets just for a few single 30 second commercials.

And of course, who can forget the absolute masterpieces that were the Bionicle Commercials. Those don't even feel like toy commericals... They feel like outright movie trailers. 

Most of my favorite LEGO adds focus on making the toys look as cool as possible, but there have been quite a few that showcased actual people in them in hilarious ways, such as the famous "Jack the LEGO Maniac" from the 80's...

If you watch all those adds, perhaps you'll finally understand why I love original LEGO themes so much. 

Edited by Lego David

I loved the big themed dioramas in the catalogs of the 80s and 90s, especially the Castle, Space, Pirates landscapes , and the little stories going about in Town/Trains.

https://brickset.com/library/catalogues

Static pictures, yet they feel so alive.

I do like the recent Rebuild the World videos as they suggest mixing/matching sets/parts/themes, and imagination like flying cars/boats , even while the first video might not be very clear to someone who doesn't really follow LEGO.

Also the references to a lot of sets (including Creator Expert) , are quite good if you know what LEGO products exist.

3-in-1 is my current favorite theme simply because it covers so many subjects and also still has the core of rebuilding.

Edited by TeriXeri

18 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I love this one right now. The "look" from the Stormtrooper just makes it.

That one indeed is great, I love the human-scale-to-LEGO mixovers, and mixing so many current sets/themes in them is lovely. :pir-love:

41 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

That one indeed is great, I love the human-scale-to-LEGO mixovers,

Fun fact, LEGO have actually done this several times in the past before, particularly during the 90's, and then they briefly returned to the formula with Hero Factory in 2010:

Who could forget this one...

Like @Lego David said, I like all the effort that went into the background and the other builds that contribute to the ad. The instruction manuals also had similar adverts.