Sign in to follow this  
Mike F

My Batcave

theaterindex.gif

I have signed on for the sole purpose of posting my batcave. I have been reading these threads, so I am up to date.

2581203610_9e1dc8b582_m.jpg

2581185036_419ea22912.jpg

Flickr(with many more pictures)

-Mike

Whats with the giant penny?

Left to Right: penny, red hood, tyrannosaurus rex, various weapons, joker card(ceiling), chess pieces

batmansbatcave.jpg

-Mike

Edited by Mike F

Whats with the giant penny?

It's a trophy from a past case, where Batman fought coin-obsessed villain The Penny Plunderer. Other Batcave trophies include a robotic T-Rex from Dinosaur Island and an oversized Joker card, along with several smaller items such as costumes and weapons.

Anyway, nice work MikeF. There's a nice variety of Batcave areas here, I really like the costume vault, and the new Bat-vehicles are pretty nice as well, especially the Batski. On question: How did you do the penny?

It's a trophy from a past case, where Batman fought coin-obsessed villain The Penny Plunderer. Other Batcave trophies include a robotic T-Rex from Dinosaur Island and an oversized Joker card, along with several smaller items such as costumes and weapons.

Anyway, nice work MikeF. There's a nice variety of Batcave areas here, I really like the costume vault, and the new Bat-vehicles are pretty nice as well, especially the Batski. On question: How did you do the penny?

The penny is a larger version of a normal penny that my father got somewhere years ago. My brother used the penny in his batcave he made a while ago. I decided to remake the batcave usig the newer sets. And that is a very interesting lessom about the history of the trophies.

I thank everyone for all of their comments.

-Mike

The penny is a larger version of a normal penny that my father got somewhere years ago. My brother used the penny in his batcave he made a while ago. I decided to remake the batcave usig the newer sets. And that is a very interesting lessom about the history of the trophies.

Interesting. I ask as I'll be making my mammoth Batcave soon, and I need a way of making a giant penny. I don't think it'd look that good brick-built, and I don't think I have any coins big enough to be suitable bigger than a minifig.

And I admit, I did have to look up the Penny Plunderer, but the rest was done from memory.

I can't get the link to work, but it looks good, Mike. :thumbup::classic:

And I admit, I did have to look up the Penny Plunderer, but the rest was done from memory.

Pah! and you call yourself a Batfan, I still remember that! Though i believe it has been retconned in the comics, now done by Two-Face following the popular BTAS episode Almost Got 'Im.

Anyhoo, great work Mike F, I love how you've extended it, as well as your figs. Nice work on the penny too. I especially love the dock and costume area, as well as the trophy room and your own made vehicles. That Batski is superb and the tank is wonderful, loving the Harley truck mod. Overall thanks for sharing, you've been a good inspiration to me on how to improve my own.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Pah! and you call yourself a Batfan, I still remember that! Though i believe it has been retconned in the comics, now done by Two-Face following the popular BTAS episode Almost Got 'Im.

That's what threw me. I couldn't remember if it was Two-Face or good old Joe Coyne. But it appears it's both, either and perhaps even neither... :wink: