robin_1456

why do you like lego

hi all. what makes lego amazing for you?

for me, its because when you buy a set, and then you get board of it you can take it to bits and start over again and again and again that is the best part of lego. the the possibilities that are available are endless.

you can make tanks cars boats planes etc. so i want to here from you, what you love about LEGO.

Yep you've summarized one of the best aspects of Lego; the replay/rebuild/reusability. The extremely broad versatility of this highly sophisticated interlocking brick system.

Its also a nice change from many other hobbies/entertainment and aspects of life. There's inspiration abound and the sharing and enjoying of ideas, creations and possibilities with others builders. As well as constantly being augmented with new pieces/connections that are always expanding the creative potential.

For me, everything mentioned previously, and also the fact that even with its occasional issues, Lego is still very high quality product. I almost never need to worry about compatibility or other problems of poor quality, which would make such building very stressful and annoying otherwise. Every time I try to connect two pieces in a way they are intended, they fit and make a good connection. This is absolutely critical for an enjoyable building experience, and it's also something that Lego excels at.

Comparing this to one of my other big interests. 
Magic The Gathering. Specifically paper magic. Not online. The real game. 
Over the last 2 ish years because of corona crap finding a friday night gathering has been pretty much impossible. I had 2 people i was joining up for some games but they were flaking out. I havent been able to play any paper magic in a few months now and not nearly as much as i want to in the last 2 years overall. 

Legos. Are always there. You dont need batteries or internet or you dont have to rely on others. They are just...there. Waiting on you. 

LEGO is so versatile; everyone can enjoy it. A child of 5 years but also adults of every age. Adults can even reach great heights en become artists who create great works of art.

I think that that is the most significant merit of The Lego Company.

In terms of size, it's just perfect, not too big, not too small.

Quality is also good. Although I am getting more and more scratched bricks in recent years, they are not easily noticed with naked eyes. 

Investment value is also very good. I am living in a well developed area where many great products are widely available, priced cheap, and people are very wise so business is very difficult here but retired sets at raised price still sell quite well that you can at least make some extra pocket money, not enough for living though.

As a person who is autistic (ASD or aspergers to be specific), acting and role-playing was something I've loved to do since I was a child. Lego sets, especially town related ones, make it easy to talk to myself without looking weird. :laugh: